Wasps downward spiral... (5 Viewers)

Philosorapter

What would happen if the new financial arrangements that could be suggested from the rugby club are not accepted by the bond holders?

Does anyone know what options are open to the bond holders?

SBAndy

What would happen if the new financial arrangements that could be suggested from the rugby club are not accepted by the bond holders?

Does anyone know what options are open to the bond holders?

Could ask for an increase in interest to reflect the increased risk. Could call in the debt. Neither of which will happen, 95% sure of that.

pipkin73

Yes but 6.5% at 100% of shares and now down to 39.5% value is a real loss maker. If it stays that way (and the percentage is going further down then they must be fuxxxd. It's still going down, wish it was still at 24.8 but it could get there again.

oldfiver

Yes but 6.5% at 100% of shares and now down to 39.5% value is a real loss maker. If it stays that way (and the percentage is going further down then they must be fuxxxd. It's still going down, wish it was still at 24.8 but it could get there again.

A deal today was at 37

Ignore the Bid / Offer figures to some extent that is the deal maker creating a Market

pipkin73

Don't know anything about how many you need to buy etc, but the figure above is it's trading price. Just below 13% from it's record low of 24.8 and it's dropping back to that level again.
A deal today was at 37

Ignore the Bid / Offer figures to some extent that is the deal maker creating a Market
So your 37% is the same as my (i no nothing about shares) share and guess what, after your comment and mine we are both at 37% lmao.

oldfiver

There has been another trade today at the same price
I have checked the prospectus and the minimum initial purchase was £2000 = 20 units
" the minimum subscription amount per investor is £2,000 of the Bonds in the initial distribution". which is why so many are in blocks of 2000. However they can now sell 1 bond if wished

Last edited:

jordan210

Ok so for a newbie plz explain

We want bond price to fall yes?

Who loses money? Wasps or investors in wasps?

if I understand right

Bond price falling shows little faith in Wasps. Good thing.

Investors lose money as won't recoup price paid. But would have received interest

chiefdave

We want bond price to fall yes?

Who loses money? Wasps or investors in wasps?
The bond is essentially a loan so in theory when the bond matures (May 2022) you get back what you put in. For example you bought £5K worth of bonds when they launched in May 2015 you get £5K back in May 2022. On top of that you get interest every 6 months, the interest rate is higher than you'd get shoving the money in a bank which is the attraction for people to buy them.

People who own bonds are free to sell them, they initially traded for more than the original price so you could sell them at a profit. Then in December 2017 they dropped below the original price and have on a downward trend ever since. Couple of small recoveries but overall going in the wrong direction. The theory is the lower the price goes the less confidence the market has that Wasps will be able to make the repayment in May 2022, people are getting out while they can still get something for them.

Its the investors that lose money but the price will make it harder for Wasps to refinance. If the markets fears that they can't repay in May 2022 turn out to be correct then its Wasps who are in trouble as the bonds are secured on the Ricoh lease.

covcity4life

The bond is essentially a loan so in theory when the bond matures (May 2022) you get back what you put in. For example you bought £5K worth of bonds when they launched in May 2015 you get £5K back in May 2022. On top of that you get interest every 6 months, the interest rate is higher than you'd get shoving the money in a bank which is the attraction for people to buy them.

People who own bonds are free to sell them, they initially traded for more than the original price so you could sell them at a profit. Then in December 2017 they dropped below the original price and have on a downward trend ever since. Couple of small recoveries but overall going in the wrong direction. The theory is the lower the price goes the less confidence the market has that Wasps will be able to make the repayment in May 2022, people are getting out while they can still get something for them.

Its the investors that lose money but the price will make it harder for Wasps to refinance. If the markets fears that they can't repay in May 2022 turn out to be correct then its Wasps who are in trouble as the bonds are secured on the Ricoh lease.

Ahhh ok

Do wasps have to pay back in full?

If someone bought shares for 200 quid and now they only worth 77 pounds do wasps pay 200 or 77 at the end?

Peter Billing

Ahhh ok

If someone bought shares for 200 quid and now they only worth 77 pounds do wasps pay 200 or 77 at the end?

They pay back £200 in that scenario.

Their commitment is to repay in full £35m in May 2022, the amount raised by the bond scheme, and 6.5% (£2.275m) each year in interest payments to the bond holders until then.

chiefdave

Ahhh ok

They should pay back the full price, so the 200 quid. Which of course then raises the question if you owned 200 quid worth of shares that Wasps were due to pay you £200 for in less than 2 years why would you sell them for £77 now?

You're either desperate for cash now or you don't think you'll get your £200 back and £77 now might be better than nothing in 2 years time.

Terry Gibson's perm

They pay back £200 in that scenario.

Their commitment is to repay in full £35m in May 2022, the amount raised by the bond scheme, and 6.5% (£2.275m) each year in interest payments to the bond holders until then.

Why are people selling them if you get your money back at the end seems madness

jordan210

Don't recall any confirmation it was fixed. Do recall them saying it was routine maintenance which didn't ring true to me. Calling in structural engineers to investigate cracks in stadium walls doesn't sound routine to me.

Dint they say was insurance work. Will need to have a look over there last account report. Sure it was mentioned in that.

jordan210

Good point, can anyone explain in simple terms how this works and why are investors selling.

Im sure Dave knows more. I think people sell due due to confidence and if they don't think they will make anything back. As I assume was goes pop or default on the bond they don't get anything.

Terry Gibson's perm

Im sure Dave knows more. I think people sell due due to confidence and if they don't think they will make anything back. As I assume was goes pop or default on the bond they don't get anything.

I could be totally wrong but I thought they got the stadium on default

Users who are viewing this thread