Wasps downward spiral... (2 Viewers)

steveo1987

Dint they accuse him/her of being a Cov fan.
Yes they did.The post was well put together and they immediately come up with CCFC fan !! Heads well and truly in sand, of course they only need £50m , walk in the park.

Liquid Gold

Yes they did.The post was well put together and they immediately come up with CCFC fan !! Heads well and truly in sand, of course they only need £50m , walk in the park.
That made me laugh, the guy was talking about the RFU forgiving them relegation for going bust then says everything will probably be fine, just need £50m.

Bye bye Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
That's the thing, everything is sisus fault or Les Reid making it up. When it was said all of their players were leaving, just nasty sisu rumours. Then they left.

When it was said they fiddled the books, just rumours by Les Reid.

Kneeza

Gallagher Premiership and PRO14 are both due to restart middle/end of August so i would guess if no problems then the championship will restart in September. New playing rules for certain things when they were all in close contact (maybe scrums) but i don't follow the game so pass on the exact new rules. The PRO 14 wants to finish this season but as they have teams all over europe they have decided to change the fixtures and teams from each country will play each other more and not travel abroad. Could mean that next season has real problems for them if Cov19 kicks off again as teams won't be able to travel abroad. Gallagher Premiership should be ok as all teams in England, so apart from local lockdowns (like Leicester have now) they should be fine if teams survive that long with no crowds (or very low crowds) and maybe no European competitions. I'm talking about the leagues surviving not about individual teams. To be honest, i think a good few rugby teams could go and reform lower down the leagues a bit like in Speedway.
Seriously not a cat in hell's chance of the Champ starting in September.

jordan210

Its all right lads other clubs are worse of and this has made the team better

Have you seen what’s been going on at other clubs? I think there are others worse off. In fact I think this has pulled the squad closer together and will show on the pitch come August 15th.

CCFC54321

Has he got the cash to do that?
Part of the bonds £35m was to pay him back what he was owed. Since then he has steadily pumped more money back in but what I’m being told is he isn’t THAT rich to keep on doing this. He must be more stupid than we think if he continues to plough more money into a busted flush. Over the next 12 months I’ve s feeling he will either put it up for sale or call it a day and accept he has made a loss. You can’t go on for ever losing vast amounts of money like that business has along with trying everything to get a crowd and successful team when it’s clear to even the most rose tinted supporter of that club that it simply didn’t work after five years in Coventry.

There is absolutely no doubt they will go under soon. Question is how long?

PS- I feel for the people who work their who could be out of a job.

Grendel

I've no idea chiefdave. I keep hoping this is the endgame for them.

Richardson will be able to raise enough cash for building projects he won’t let the holding company go down. It’s his loyalty to funding wasps that will be tested

Philosorapter

Richardson will be able to raise enough cash for building projects he won’t let the holding company go down. It’s his loyalty to funding wasps that will be tested

It makes you wonder why the proposed hotel in car park 'C' is not in the rugby clubs business groups name.

Terry Gibson's perm

How is the hotel and training ground getting on? Has Cov-19 got the blame for those projects as well?

Probably still waiting for somebody else to foot the bill for them, I guess the council will help out their vanity project

Brighton Sky Blue

Always has to be picky as well, can't just have a pint they have to have double JD and coke or something. Then they vanish when it gets to their round.

It’s fine the council and CCFC have covered their rounds for years-definitely bringing their wallet next time though.

Kneeza

It's purely as a sop to the tv companies. They want their pound of flesh.
Everything from the champ down has no chance of starting for some time yet (word is Dec earliest). No tv income. No crowds. No hospitality. Testing costs. Bust clubs.

CCFC54321

God forbid there’s a second Cov-19 wave then that’s w***s Definitely finished for good. Not saying other clubs will survive but I’d rather these bastards go under through their own incompetence.

CCFC88

It's purely as a sop to the tv companies. They want their pound of flesh.
Everything from the champ down has no chance of starting for some time yet (word is Dec earliest). No tv income. No crowds. No hospitality. Testing costs. Bust clubs.
Saracens can’t be happy about that...

Users who are viewing this thread