Wasps downward spiral... (9 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Not if they get their putrid claws into Sixways. Ideal for them size-wise, and a rugby market.
Is it particularly? Worcester were always in kind of a false position because of their benefactor, no surprise that when he dies they fall.

Not sure it's the long term solution for a nomadic rugby club, although it's a half decent ground and no particular football competition.

Last edited:

jordan210

"
Wasps are on the verge of finalising a deal to play at Sixways, the former ground of Worcester Warriors, Telegraph Sport understands.

The arrangement would see professional rugby return to Sixways just months after the Warriors were liquidated, with Wasps expected to abandon plans to move to Solihull.

Wasps were relegated from the Premiership following their own liquidation last year. They are now in the process of applying to join the Championship. Any application to play at Sixways would need to be ratified by the RFU.

And on a dramatic day for the stricken former Premiership clubs, it also was announced that Worcester Warriors will rebrand as Sixways Rugby and play in National League 2 West after taking over semi-professional side Stourbridge."

im sure the locals will give them a loving reception....

Kneeza

Is it particularly? Worcester were always in kind of a false position because of their benefactor, no surprise that when he dies they fall.

Not sure it's the long term solution for a nomadic rugby club, although it's a half decent ground and no particular football competition.
Far more so than the CBS n'est ce pas? That was the point I was making.
Renting at the CBS vs renting at Sixways. The latter makes far more sense.

Grendel

Shugs take is the move to Worcester rescues an empty building

It?s beyond question that I?d support Wasps if we moved to Sixways. I don?t see the difference between there and Loftus Road, Adams Park or the Ricoh from a moral perspective. If anything it?s rescuing an empty building. My main worry is pushing so much through before the 14th. If we aren?t allowed to compete in the Championship next year we will be finished.

clint van damme

Not been following this story much so what's happened?
I know they hadn't fulfilled what ever obligations the rugby authorities require so why, if they can't play at Solihull, is Worcester being touted?

tisza

Shugs take is the move to Worcester rescues an empty building

It?s beyond question that I?d support Wasps if we moved to Sixways. I don?t see the difference between there and Loftus Road, Adams Park or the Ricoh from a moral perspective. If anything it?s rescuing an empty building. My main worry is pushing so much through before the 14th. If we aren?t allowed to compete in the Championship next year we will be finished.
why is it empty if Stourbridge are relocating there under the new ownership?

tisza

Article on the BBC site has the above line in it. How come that never happened when Wasps turned up here?
So Stourbridge much closer to Worcester than cov . surely Wasps parachuting in has a bigger effect on the local rugby community?

napolimp

I don't get it. Where are the fans going to come from if they move to Worcester? Who's going to go and watch? How are you supposed to run a professional sports club with no spectators? Surely any rugby fans in the area will go and watch the newly branded Sixways Rugby Club at the same ground, it's still their team following a merger. So if all the local rugby fans are going to watch Sixways, and there's no local furore over a big club playing premiership and European rugby moving in, then who's going to turn up?

I can't help but feel that, who ever is running that club, it's one stupider decision after another.

jordan210

I don't get it. Where are the fans going to come from if they move to Worcester? Who's going to go and watch? How are you supposed to run a professional sports club with no spectators? Surely any rugby fans in the area will go and watch the newly branded Sixways Rugby Club at the same ground, it's still their team following a merger. So if all the local rugby fans are going to watch Sixways, and there's no local furore over a big club playing premiership and European rugby moving in, then who's going to turn up?

I can't help but feel that, who ever is running that club, it's one stupider decision after another.

2 clubs at the same staduim. One the local one and other a bunch of nomads that no one in any league realy likes. I cant see them getting large attendances tbh

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

I mean it worked out brilliantly for Wasps at Loftus Road, Adams Park and the Ricoh...

tisza

Exactly. What's the capacity 10-11k? Limited hospitality and sponsorship. Worcester couldn't make it work without Duckworth's large resources - and that was for the local team. Bet london-based Wasps fans are thrilled with the prospect of M25/M40 to watch games.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Why have they rebranded as Sixways Rugby club? Wouldn't it be better to have at least kept the Worcester name if not Warriors? I wonder if it's to make way for Wasps to be seen as the main club around there?

Nick

Administrator
Bondholders still don't look to have been paid anything yet....

Deadline today for it all to get sorted??

Grendel

Bondholders still don't look to have been paid anything yet....

Deadline today for it all to get sorted??

No todays deadline isn’t the same thing it’s for approval by the RFU

Nick

Administrator
I thought the deal with Frasers meant they should have had at least some money returned by now?

Doesnt look like it yet

I got the consent documentation from the trustees but so far have heard nothing from AJ Bell, which is the route by which we vote. I am about to contact them. There is not that much time before the 22nd February deadline. 90% of bondholders will need to agree for us to take the current settlement.

Users who are viewing this thread