Wasps downward spiral... (20 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If anyone wants a laugh - Shugs “it’ll all be sorted in a few weeks” is still peddling that there was no Bad feeling in Coventry about wasps in the Worcester warriors forum

Terry Gibson's perm

Hopefully by the time they are sorted all the best players have signed elsewhere and if the big teams have anything about them they won’t loan them any players. A nice losing season will drive a few more of their idiot followers away.

Kneeza

With the current regs (London Scottish have used about 20 mainly Quins players this season, and Bedford and Hartpury are almost as big offenders) no doubt their PRL friends will be extra helpful next season.
Cos everybody knows, Wasps belong in the Prem...

Terry Gibson's perm

With the current regs (London Scottish have used about 20 mainly Quins players this season, and Bedford and Hartpury are almost as big offenders) no doubt their PRL friends will be extra helpful next season.
Cos everybody knows, Wasps belong in the Prem...

Hope not

Kneeza

Five year licence agreement with apparent exclusivity hopefully meaning Wasps shouldn't be back at the CBS Arena during that period.
And Shugs, delusional as ever - naturally - is already peddling the line that it hasn't been confirmed (on CRFC's forum; cos like, y'know, it's only Sky Blues Talk inhabitants that despise Wasps. Knob).

Grendel

Tomorrow Atlas have to provide proof of funds to take over the Worcester stadium. View seems to be they do not have it. If so Wasps remain homeless.

They then have 4 weeks themselves to get RFU approval.

Sands if time running out

Grendel

But black night Shugs still fights on

Wasps never took fans of anybody - they were all customers that were brand new and didn’t go anywhere before and Coventry was full on Saturday as local Man U and Liverpool fans turned up for a day out

chiefdave

Wasps never took fans of anybody - they were all customers that were brand new and didn’t go anywhere before and Coventry was full on Saturday as local Man U and Liverpool fans turned up for a day out
Their business model has literally been moving round the country trying to get fans of other clubs. They would quite happily insist rugby isn't like football and people will switch teams if someone appears who is closer to them than the existing club they watch

Which of course raises the question why do Wasps need to survive, they can just go and support another team. No doubt that's something else they've changed their tune on now they're on the receiving end

Terry Gibson's perm

I know of a couple of people who stopped watching the city to start watching that London side instead.

Grendel

I know of a couple of people who stopped watching the city to start watching that London side instead.

Yeah I know one guy whose generally sensible

gave up his season ticket when we went to Birmingham and got one for wasps - never believed they’d go under - great honest club - much better than Sisu - every time we went out it was denial after denial and even now it’s a conspiracy

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Everything was the fault of Sisu
Even the downfall of wasps?
mrw GIF

Grendel

Loads of them were saying that it was all SISU's fault. I remember every time the press reported on saying that they were in the shit that it was made up.

There was a completely blinkered attitude for sure. Some thought the court costs were the reason for their failure. Mainly they went long with the nonsense Vaughan peddled about Covid.

It is a stark warning though that the cost of owning the place is just not worth it for a sports club. It’s a mad place with far too much non football related space. I think the riverside cost about £20 million to build

Grendel

ccfctommy

I think this is the first time I have popped into this thread. I couldn't give a shit what happens to them as long as they are far away from our doorstep.

I never forget going to the Wasps protest about five years ago led by the PSB Group people. I think a few went on here. Some of their fans sniggered and laughed at us whilst another bloke in a Wasps shirt basically told me he was an ex-CCFC ST holder and he had switched over. Basically said I was wasting my time and said something like I should be protesting SISU. A penny for that mans thoughts...

ccfcchris

We should all put our sky blue kits on and walk with the coffin with Shug's name draped all over it around Broadgate.

Users who are viewing this thread