Wasps downward spiral... (9 Viewers)

djr8369

If the wasps holding company was dissolved, the lease then reverted back to the council, could the council just sell it back to a new wasps holding company for a pitiful sum again?

On another note, there’s no chance the bond holders get all their money back, is there?

oldfiver

If the wasps holding company was dissolved, the lease then reverted back to the council, could the council just sell it back to a new wasps holding company for a pitiful sum again?

On another note, there’s no chance the bond holders get all their money back, is there?

The council will be worried both financially and politically that WASPS will fail

Equally they are aware of local opinion and the gathering criticism of their pandering to WASPS

So expect some very creative PR !!

So exo

The Council canni

Flying Fokker

The ratepayers of Coventry have voted with their feet. Wasps is a dead duck.
Any money given to them will be taken from Coventry citizens. How would this be paid back? Free tickets to watch paint dry.

What is wasps core following? 4k fans.

oldfiver

The ratepayers of Coventry have voted with their feet. Wasps is a dead duck.
Any money given to them will be taken from Coventry citizens. How would this be paid back? Free tickets to watch paint dry.

What is wasps core following? 4k fans.

The application was sidestepped by CCC to WMCA. They get funded by Central Government so I suspect they will argue not local monies being used. It does beg the question however- how do WASPs always seem to get preferential treatment

Reactions: vow

Gynnsthetonic

The application was sidestepped by CCC to WMCA. They get funded by Central Government so I suspect they will argue not local monies being used. It does beg the question however- how do WASPs always seem to get preferential treatment
Whatever happens they're going to keep losing millions, it's unsustainable.

Grendel

It hasn’t been granted yet and it does seem that the latest announcement on bonds is going to be as late as possible on Friday so it’s likely to not confirm the matter has been resolved

Brighton Sky Blue

Well if they grant it they set a precedent of clubs running into financial trouble and getting bailed out by the taxpayer. So interesting to see how they weave that one.

Gynnsthetonic

They need it
They can’t fail
Relationships between key players
Its outrageous

It will be agreed unanimously behind closed doors and ccc will find it. They can’t fail
It won't be agreed, have faith, its not just CCC involved in this but all the other West Mids councils who hopefully see sense and turn it down.

Philosorapter

Current thoughts about all this is: how long does it take LSE to reinstate the bond on the market, and what will happen to the bond price when they do...

Grendel

Current thoughts about all this is: how long does it take LSE to reinstate the bond on the market, and what will happen to the bond price when they do...

It’s unlikely they will be reinstated

Bugsy

chiefdave

The concern for WMCA will surely be Birmingham City. They can't open half the ground until work is done and that's surely a much stronger case for economic benefit to the area or whatever waffle Wasps come up with. It really opens up a can of worms if they hand out money.

Having said that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they got it. Look at the sham with the money from the Commonwealth Games. After all this time that Wasps have claimed its a state of the art venue all of a sudden they can't host the games unless they get a large grant, something no other Games venue has had as far as I can tell. And lets be honest, the works done don't really stack up with the money given.

oldfiver

I don’t live in Coventry - so I wrote to my MP as a “concerned midlands citizen not happy that during this cost of living crisis I’m subsidising a company that won’t benefit the rest of the midlands”

surprisingly for a Tory he was receptive to my complaints and has gone to find out more for me.,

Can you say which MP?

jordan210

Next update is due no later than the 29th of July

giphy.gif

Grendel

The concern for WMCA will surely be Birmingham City. They can't open half the ground until work is done and that's surely a much stronger case for economic benefit to the area or whatever waffle Wasps come up with. It really opens up a can of worms if they hand out money.

Having said that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they got it. Look at the sham with the money from the Commonwealth Games. After all this time that Wasps have claimed its a state of the art venue all of a sudden they can't host the games unless they get a large grant, something no other Games venue has had as far as I can tell. And lets be honest, the works done don't really stack up with the money given.

It would surely only be a concern regarding Birmingham City if they have applied for funding

Grendel

They need it
They can’t fail
Relationships between key players
Its outrageous

It will be agreed unanimously behind closed doors and ccc will find it. They can’t fail

I would thing the concern for wasps will be timing. They will clearly not get the bond funding until they get the grant and time is getting tight.

I can’t see how grants or loans either can be issued until the delayed accounts are approved

oldfiver

Next update is due no later than the 29th of July

giphy.gif

The update will say they are still progressing to being able to give another update in August
I would thing the concern for wasps will be timing. They will clearly not get the bond funding until they get the grant and time is getting tight.

I can’t see how grants or loans either can be issued until the delayed accounts are approved

If the parent company accounts were approved last November the subsidiaries/ associated would have had to been approved

The question should be why not published?

Gynnsthetonic

The update will say they are still progressing to being able to give another update in August

If the parent company accounts were approved last November the subsidiaries/ associated would have had to been approved

The question should be why not published?
Well if they don't publish their accounts they won't get funding then, so why don't they just publish them.

oldfiver

It would surely only be a concern regarding Birmingham City if they have applied for funding

If they have not yet applied they certainly will if WASPS get funding

Have just passed the Arena, road signs warning of closures next week. How many they expecting? More significant is they refer to Birmingham 2022!!

Nick

Administrator
If they have not yet applied they certainly will if WASPS get funding

Have just passed the Arena, road signs warning of closures next week. How many they expecting? More significant is they refer to Birmingham 2022!!

Yeah the whole branding is Birmingham 2022. Everything else is covered up.

Terry Gibson's perm

Is there actually much going on at the Arena I haven’t bothered to look. Saw the logos when I drove past and thought that’s a bit of a waste of money for such a small time.

Users who are viewing this thread