Wasps downward spiral... (9 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It appears Simon Gilbert has pushed the destruction button. A lot of other fans in rugby questioning this now - financial fair play in the premier league.

had a look on some of their forums. I must say the wider public outcry is beautiful.

we’ve hammered Gilbert a few times on here - but he’s been the smoking gun SISU have always talked about in this instance!

duffer

Everyone had enough??

You mean talking about Wasps being in difficulty?

giphy.gif

😁

Sky Blue Pete

This made the 10pm/10:30pm midlands news last night. I didn't stay up to watch, but i assume the CWR article was picked up by BBC news.
Big story I think unless wasps come out and explain it or Martin explains his part or the council explain their part.

Otherwise it’s just question after question

skybluetony176

This made the 10pm/10:30pm midlands news last night. I didn't stay up to watch, but i assume the CWR article was picked up by BBC news.
It was pretty damming. Pointed out the history, mentioned it previously being bailed out with public money, mentioned the overdue bond repayment, the dispute with SISU et etc etc. Fair play to Lego head, he pretty much covered all the bases in a relatively short piece.

shepardo01

Big story I think unless wasps come out and explain it or Martin explains his part or the council explain their part.

Otherwise it’s just question after question
Unfortunately Pete, as a lot of us know what they might "explain" to us and what actually goes on behind the scenes, will more than likely be two entirely different things!!

Signs already there with Mr Gilbert saying that there has been internal communication to get stories straight between Wasps/Ccc before a statement is made....

Same old same old CCC/Wasps...

Sky Blue Pete

Unfortunately Pete, as a lot of us know what they might "explain" to us and what actually goes on behind the scenes, will more than likely be two entirely different things!!

Signs already there with Mr Gilbert saying that there has been internal communication to get stories straight between Wasps/Ccc before a statement is made....

Same old same old CCC/Wasps...
I’m sure

Nick

Administrator
The Rugger Boys are hilarious, I love how they think everything is made up all of the time.

They just need Vaughn to come out and say "Everything is fine" and then they give it the "see, nothing to worry about".

shepardo01

Very confident in next year - first pre season at new training ground, got people coming in. New lower salary cap... sure wasps rugby have got business plan in place, will get more bums in seats.
Arena business - More revenue coming into Arena
Confident Wasps have a business plan in place.
"Our own Bobby bridge not aware of developments "
We don't know what money request is for... presuming Arena!
Confident more people coming through turnstiles.....

Wow...

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Very confident in next year - first pre season at new training ground, got people coming in. New lower salary cap... sure wasps rugby have got business plan in place, will get more bums in seats.

Wow...
If it’s for the arena that’s worse - fund it yourselves

Gynnsthetonic

At Ascot yesterday so just catching up now from yesterday's news, surely more news to come about late accounts and a commonwealth games loan they received but hadn't been spent accordingly. Didn't they also receive money from the council last year which came from the government to give a legacy back after covid, that business has had do much money thrown at it it's unbelievable

Sky Blue Pete

I find it hard to hate wasps as the people I’ve spoken to at the club and friends (loosely) who support seem ok. My anger currently is at Martin Reeves and the council.

A because Martin said helping ccfc wouldn’t be right. We were only asking for a statement of welcome nothing really tangible

B because it’s beyond belief that the council weren’t aware of what Martin has done. No way Jose! And again George and Abdul talked about the constituents coming first and it wouldn’t be right to support ccfc getting back.

I think wasps are probably doing what they have to do. Sounds to me like there’s some link to the refinancing so the story will be running and running and what on earth happens if they don’t get it

Final anger is wasps is a community asset. Are they bollox and if they are you can multiply that community aspect ten times and more for ccfc and the impact of a succcessful club

And I haven’t even started on a charity I know struggling to get affordable rent In the city centre, the increase in homelessness, the disaster that is adult social care and childrens services. I know it’s nuanced and one could argue the arena freehold is ccc so they should ensure it’s maintainedbut come on I’m sure the leaseholders should find be paying for it

Sorry I wasn’t sufficiently angry enough about it on the radio

Grendel

Bobby still away

chiefdave

What time was this on, going to have to get it on iplayer as its hard to believe even Wasps fans can be that deluded.

Wasps had a business plan in place, they were going to be the richest most successful club in Europe and the stadium was going to be sold out every week. With their track record any new business plan should be met with the same sort of response we have when Fisher says a new ground is being built.

chiefdave

A because Martin said helping ccfc wouldn’t be right. We were only asking for a statement of welcome nothing really tangible

B because it’s beyond belief that the council weren’t aware of what Martin has done. No way Jose! And again George and Abdul talked about the constituents coming first and it wouldn’t be right to support ccfc getting back.
This is a point that needs to keep being hammered. There was a point blank refusal by the council to do anything to assist CCFC but they are constantly bending over backwards to help Wasps.

Sky Blue Pete

If it happens, and surely it can't happen again, it will no doubt start as a loan and then at some point when the heat is off be written off as a grant.
Business ccfc fans don’t think the combined authority will make any funding available. Not sure where that would leave thing to be honest

Sky Blue Pete

This is a point that needs to keep being hammered. There was a point blank refusal by the council to do anything to assist CCFC but they are constantly bending over backwards to help Wasps.
Yeah they were pretty adamant and to be fair I want proper funding of services rather than any money being given to prop up professional sports clubs but at least be consistent

shepardo01

What time was this on, going to have to get it on iplayer as its hard to believe even Wasps fans can be that deluded.

Wasps had a business plan in place, they were going to be the richest most successful club in Europe and the stadium was going to be sold out every week. With their track record any new business plan should be met with the same sort of response we have when Fisher says a new ground is being built.
Was typing as I was listening Dave, so around 8:30....
Again, it was quite astonishing.

Users who are viewing this thread