Wasps current finances & hope (1 Viewer)

stupot07

Thats correct. He has ruled himself out of the next World Cup.
Such is the draw of the mighty Wasps ;) ..... and Coventry
More like
45d2960df038f0cc0bec5caec631364a.gif

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

We can't afford the Ricoh. We can't afford our own ground. So we are stuck here for the time being.
The art is to get a long term deal with built in safeguards and escalation of incomes as we go up the leagues.
Wasps will have ups and downs and will want CCFC to be here to share the risk. CCFC needs to factor this into any deal.
Can't see it happening with Sisu though as no one trusts them.
At the moment we just need to tread water and take short term deals until they go.

I get confused with your they and we but I will try. Wasps have a bond that paid for the arena as they didn’t have the money sisu could do the same and probably would have.

The one group who have put deadlines to things are them why because they hope with rush things might get missed.

Treading water I assume you mean sisu I would be glad to see the back of them but would be equally happy if the rugby lot cleared off so short term suits as one will go

italiahorse

I get confused with your they and we but I will try. Wasps have a bond that paid for the arena as they didn’t have the money sisu could do the same and probably would have.

The one group who have put deadlines to things are them why because they hope with rush things might get missed.

Treading water I assume you mean sisu I would be glad to see the back of them but would be equally happy if the rugby lot cleared off so short term suits as one will go

We on this board means I'm wearing my CCFC hat.

TF said they would not have paid what Wasps paid and CCFC also don't have a high enough profile to secure the buying of the bonds.
A lot of the bonds are fan based and I can't see any fan buying a Sisu bond or any institution even looking at it.

If Wasps leave, Sisu will just restart stressing ACL and playing for the freehold again. I would even say we would be playing at Stadium MK.
No thanks, both teams need to build together but once Sisu leave.

As for treading water that means the club should do that as any long term deal under Sisu would not maximise our potential.

clint van damme

We on this board means I'm wearing my CCFC hat.

TF said they would not have paid what Wasps paid and CCFC also don't have a high enough profile to secure the buying of the bonds.
A lot of the bonds are fan based and I can't see any fan buying a Sisu bond or any institution even looking at it.

If Wasps leave, Sisu will just restart stressing ACL and playing for the freehold again. I would even say we would be playing at Stadium MK.
No thanks, both teams need to build together but once Sisu leave.

As for treading water that means the club should do that as any long term deal under Sisu would not maximise our potential.

you think Wasps are more high profile than City?
Wasps bond sold because they offered 6.5% interest. I was looking to invest some money at the time and there was nothing to touch it though needless to say I didn't bother.

Grendel

Grendel

Most definitely at the moment.
I gauge it on media coverage, advertising, sponsorship and attendance.

Why didn’t you take my wager the other day or answer my PM?

italiahorse

Why didn’t you take my wager the other day or answer my PM?

Sorry I was waiting to play with the Jag guys again on Friday and forgot.
The LL6 car in retirement has recently been reintroduced so you were correct.
One of the problems of being in retirement but not big enough to make me return ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

Most definitely at the moment.
I gauge it on media coverage, advertising, sponsorship and attendance.

Media coverage I would say we get more nationally but obviously they get a lot locally (he who pays the piper).

Advertising them as they pay for it look at the local billboards.

Sponsorship them and that’s were sisu don’t use their brain because if we for higher in the chain we would take most of that.

Attendance it’s probaly them due to the freebies and they don’t highly publicise their gates when they are low.

Grendel

Sorry I was waiting to play with the Jag guys again on Friday and forgot.
The LL6 car in retirement has recently been reintroduced so you were correct.
One of the problems of being in retirement but not big enough to make me return ;)

No again that’s a lie - it hasn’t been reintroduced it’s always been available. It was previously only available (unless agreed otherwise) to sixty and over leavers - the only change is that’s now 55

italiahorse

With not a care for all those people who have supported them for years and had their club moved miles away.

What percentage are still upset though ?
I speak to loads that travel by car and I have yet to speak to anybody that does not think it was a good move.
Obviously the ones that don't come anymore I don't speak to ;)
I have yet to see any recent statistics on where fans are travelling from and how many have stopped going.

stupot07

I speak to loads that travel by car and I have yet to speak to anybody that does not think it was a good move.
I have yet to see any recent statistics on where fans are travelling from and how many have stopped going.
What about the ones that no long go to games because of the move? Have you spoken to them?

Grendel

You just said in a post above you don’t know where most wasps fans travel from and most probably live near the Ricoh.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

italiahorse

No again that’s a lie - it hasn’t been reintroduced it’s always been available. It was previously only available (unless agreed otherwise) to sixty and over leavers - the only change is that’s now 55

I can't comment then as I am talking to LL6 managers and just passing on what they are saying second hand.
All I know is that when I spoke to the same people a few months back the LL6 car in retirement was not available to them.
I may be getting confused with old scheme managers and new though.

italiahorse

What about the ones that no long go to games because of the move? Have you spoken to them?

I'm only able to talk to those that attend.
I haven't seen any stats on what proportion of fans no longer attending.
You will also get a level of local fans at Wycombe who attended solely because they moved their. Do they count or is it original London fans ?
Being nomadic means the fans will change but I guess it's sorted out now they have a permanent home.

Waspy Bob

I haven't been to many games since the move, it's too far for anything but a special ocassion now. I miss Adams Park, but even that was quite a trek for me. I definitely think it was a good move though.

I'm really sorry that CCFC fans have been screwed by this whole situation, but it saved the club I have loved for many years and so in the end I can live with it.

Grendel

I haven't been to many games since the move, it's too far for anything but a special ocassion now. I miss Adams Park, but even that was quite a trek for me. I definitely think it was a good move though.

I'm really sorry that CCFC fans have been screwed by this whole situation, but it saved the club I have loved for many years and so in the end I can live with it.

Ok Italia

clint van damme

I'm only able to talk to those that attend.
I haven't seen any stats on what proportion of fans no longer attending.
You will also get a level of local fans at Wycombe who attended solely because they moved their. Do they count or is it original London fans ?
Being nomadic means the fans will change but I guess it's sorted out now they have a permanent home.

these fellas seem delighted with the move:
Wasps fans threaten weekend protests over club's move to Coventry's Ricoh Arena

and this chap:
Nick Cain: Good luck ‘Coventry Wasps’, the great club I joined is dead | The Rugby Paper

you are a hypocrite of staggering proportions Italia.

italiahorse

Waspy Bob

Ok Italia
Lol, not quite.

I'm not Italia, I dont even know who he is. I'm one of the admins from the Wasps forum you guys love so much. I lurk here from time to time because I remember how shit it was being a tennant for a club that didn't want us there. I'd like to think we'd treat you guys better than we were treated by WW, but to be honest I think most of your club's downfall is self inflicted, however nice it feels to blame Wasps.

covmark

Lol, not quite.

I'm not Italia, I dont even know who he is. I'm one of the admins from the Wasps forum you guys love so much. I lurk here from time to time because I remember how shit it was being a tennant for a club that didn't want us there. I'd like to think we'd treat you guys better than we were treated by WW, but to be honest I think most of your club's downfall is self inflicted, however nice it feels to blame Wasps.
Well you're as bout as welcome on this forum as you are in our city. So kindly fuck off back to your admin duties.

Moff

Lol, not quite.

So its all right to screw over the fans is it because our owners are shite? Its the fans that suffer but then again I doubt someone who praises a club for becoming a franchise and moving 80 odd miles doesn't really care about the fans anyway.

Last edited:

clint van damme

Is that the best you can do. Articles from 4 years ago.
Try something a bit up to date.
I bet the same people attend every game.

you said people weren't against the move, they clearly were. And do you think they are going to do a monthly update.
At least be man enough to admit you're a hypocrite.

clint van damme

Lol, not quite.

it's not about blaming wasps, though that should be obvious to anyone with a modicum of common sense, though they are quite clearly parasites, it's about being against the principle of franchising in sport and ripping clubs from their communities.
Our troubles started long before sisu rolled into town let alone wasps, those 2 hedge funds have just added to the misery. The former more than the latter but you've still played your part.

italiahorse

you said people weren't against the move, they clearly were. And do you think they are going to do a monthly update.
At least be man enough to admit you're a hypocrite.

These hypocrite comments are confusing.
Are you saying Wasps moving here instead of folding is the same as us moving too Northampton for no reason whatsoever ?

clint van damme

These hypocrite comments are confusing.
Are you saying Wasps moving here instead of folding is the same as us moving too Northampton for no reason whatsoever ?

I'm saying clubs shouldn't be ripped from their communities. You pick and choose which ones you deem OK.
And the wasps owners were conniving enough to cast their eyes north, see the situation developing in our city, take advantage and funds a bid for the Ricoh. Don't tell me they couldn't have found a way to keep wasps where they should be because it's bullshit. But again, I think hedge funds are born liars, you pick and choose which ones to believe.

italiahorse

I'm saying clubs shouldn't be ripped from their communities. You pick and choose which ones you deem OK.
And the wasps owners were conniving enough to cast their eyes north, see the situation developing in our city, take advantage and funds a bid for the Ricoh. Don't tell me they couldn't have found a way to keep wasps where they should be because it's bullshit. But again, I think hedge funds are born liars, you pick and choose which ones to believe.

They took the cheapest option because our owners didn't want it on commercial terms.
Seems to have been the correct decision for Wasps and a poor gamble by our owners.

Users who are viewing this thread