Wasps current finances & hope (3 Viewers)

covcity4life

I know next to nothing about rugby but I am told that it's a big gap to bridge, bigger than between the championship and the premier.
yeah i imagine, great to see crfc winning every week though

when i wa sa kid i think they were division 3 of northern alliance or someshit? maybe i have made that up

duffer

As much as I have no time for Lucas and cronies, I think the reality is that their decision making is led by their officers (that's Martin Reeves and Chris West primarily). We know from statements in the press that it'd have been no different had we got a Conservative led council, they'd have been just as keen to get Wasps on board particularly given all the case that the council officers would put forward on Wasps' behalf.

That's an absolutely fair comment FP, but Councillors aren't bound to accept what their officers tell them, they are there to lead and challenge. Anyone who had gone through all of the crap that SISU put the city through would have to be an absolute idiot to have done the Wasps deal without solid guarantees.

Instead from our elected leaders we got flat-out lies and assurances that were patently rubbish.

chiefdave

Let's not forget when Lucas was apparently given mis information about acl washing it's face. ;)
That was unbelievable. Kept saying it for weeks then when it turned out to be crap said the council had been given the wrong information. Could only have been Reeves and / or West so why weren't they disciplined?

Grendel

That was unbelievable. Kept saying it for weeks then when it turned out to be crap said the council had been given the wrong information. Could only have been Reeves and / or West so why weren't they disciplined?

West retired with a huge pay off

duffer

They got the debt to the taxpayer cleared. Can’t imagine it will effect them at all.

Do you mean the £14.4 million that they took on when there was no actual obligation to do so? The one where they persuaded the CET to spike the story so that they could push it through as a done deal. The one where ACL was doing so well that it was quite correct for the council to bail it out, until suddenly it was doing so poorly that it was vital to sell it to Wasps in secret. That one?

If it's clearing that debt that you're talking about, then I wouldn't personally class it as something to advertise if you're trying to show the council as being either a smart player or an honest broker in all of this.

chiefdave

If it's clearing that debt that you're talking about, then I wouldn't personally class it as something to advertise if you're trying to show the council as being either a smart player or an honest broker in all of this.
Not to mention the council telling us the taxpayer would benefit from them taking on the loan as the council would receive interest. Early repayment meant that didn't happen so less money for the taxpayer.

Nick

Administrator
See the reporter who covered Wasps previous financial troubles for the Sunday Times has been on social media saying what is coming out of the club is very similar to when they were previously in trouble.
Have you got a link?

I've seen people getting excited about andy goode talking about it, but not actually disproving anything. (Same fella who has a commercial role at the club)

Grendel

Not to mention the council telling us the taxpayer would benefit from them taking on the loan as the council would receive interest. Early repayment meant that didn't happen so less money for the taxpayer.

Exactly -Tony at his most ridiculous

skybluetony176

Do you mean the £14.4 million that they took on when there was no actual obligation to do so? The one where they persuaded the CET to spike the story so that they could push it through as a done deal. The one where ACL was doing so well that it was quite correct for the council to bail it out, until suddenly it was doing so poorly that it was vital to sell it to Wasps in secret. That one?

Just pointing out that their only connection to the Ricoh after it was sold was the loan. That’s gone. Given that it’s gone why would they need to be heading to nuclear bunkers? They’re not in a situation where the taxpayer isn’t going to get their money back left high and dry, such as Northampton council was with Sixfields for instance.

Grendel

Just pointing out that their only connection to the Ricoh after it was sold was the loan. That’s gone. Given that it’s gone what would they need to be heading to nuclear bunkers? They’re not in a situation where the taxpayer isn’t going to get their money back left high and dry, such as Northampton council was with Sixfields for instance.

What happens to the lease if the wasps experiment goes belly up? Also as duffer says it’s a question of credibility. On the one hand the buying of the loan was suggested it was a benefit and would make a taxpayer a profit. Are you saying they are liars Tony? Even allowing wasps to buy the loan was denying taxpayers money.

You seem to be suggesting the council are lying.

Wow. Any evidence Tony?

skybluetony176

What happens to the lease if the wasps experiment goes belly up? Also as duffer says it’s a question of credibility. On the one hand the buying of the loan was suggested it was a benefit and would make a taxpayer a profit. Are you saying they are liars Tony? Even allowing wasps to buy the loan was denying taxpayers money.

You seem to be suggesting the council are lying.

Wow. Any evidence Tony?

Why do you constantly try putting words in people’s mouths? I haven’t said any of those things or anything remotely like it. If you have a point to make make it instead of talking bollocks and being a twat.

Grendel

Why do you constantly try putting words in people’s mouths? I haven’t said any of those things or anything remotely like it. If you have a point to make make it instead of talking bollocks and being a twat.

Tony do you agree with duffers analysis or not?

skybluetony176

Tony do you agree with duffers analysis or not?

Duffer, unlike you, has made a point. I don’t disagree with what he has said but don’t see it as a reason for the council to run for the bunkers if Wasps go tits up. The two are not connected in the sense that if Wasps do go tits up the council will all of a sudden revisit something that was settled almost three years ago and time has provided ample opportunity for the council to be questioned on the points he raises. They’re not in the situation that Northampton council found themselves in. If the loan had have been outstanding on the other hand that would be a very different situation. Now toddle of and make out I’ve said something completely different as you always do.

Grendel

Duffer, unlike you, has made a point. I don’t disagree with what he has said but don’t see it as a reason for the council to run for the bunkers if Wasps go tits up. The two are not connected in the sense that if Wasps do go tits up the council will all of a sudden revisit something that was settled almost three years ago and time has provided ample opportunity for the council to be questioned on the points he raises. They’re not in the situation that Northampton council found themselves in. If the loan had have been outstanding on the other hand that would be a very different situation. Now toddle of and make out I’ve said something completely different as you always do.

Do you agree with his points Tony? You seemed not to be aware they purchased the loan for the benefit of the taxpayer from your comments? Weren’t you aware if that Tony?

oldfiver

great thread to read through
what are chance sof them giving up and leaving? what would happen to the ricoh? sold back to council or could sisu get it?

Risks relating the head lease of the Arena granted to ACL2006 Under the terms of the head lease granted by Coventry City Council (“CCC”) to Arena Coventry (2006) Limited (“ACL2006”) in respect of the Arena (the “Head Lease”), CCC have reserved the right to forfeit the Head Lease if ACL2006 becomes insolvent. Insolvency in this scenario means a situation where ACL2006 becomes unable to pay its debts, has a receiver/administrator/provisional liquidator appointed over its assets, has assets seized in order to pay debts of ACL2006 or has a winding-up order made against it. The effect of forfeiture would be that the 250 year Head Lease would fall away and that ACL would then become the tenant of CCC at the Arena for the remaining 38 years of its existing lease. However, the right of CCC to claim forfeiture of the Head Lease is not an automatic right. If CCC made a claim for such forfeiture, this could be contested by ACL2006, any third party that held security over ACL2006 and any subtenants of ACL2006 by making application to a court in England. Further, if an administrator was to be appointed over the assets of ACL2006, then CCC would not be able to forfeit the Head Lease without the consent of the appointed administrator or with the leave of the courts. If forfeiture was to take place prior to maturity of the Bonds, then U.S. Bank Trustees Limited, the entity that will hold the security on behalf of Bondholders, may not be in a position to assign the Head Lease for value in the event CCC forfeited the lease as described in the preceding paragraph. This may have an impact on the Bondholders’ ability to receive full repayment of their investment in the Bonds on the occurrence of such an insolvency event.

chiefdave

Have you got a link?
Screen-Shot-2018-04-27-at-21.24.23.png
I've seen people getting excited about andy goode talking about it, but not actually disproving anything. (Same fella who has a commercial role at the club)
Yep, Goode got the push from ACL but as part of his 'we can't afford to pay you so we'll say you left' package he's employed in a paid ambassadorial role for Wasps.

skybluetony176

Do you agree with his points Tony? You seemed not to be aware they purchased the loan for the benefit of the taxpayer from your comments? Weren’t you aware if that Tony?

I’ve just told you I do you fucking idiot. Nice to see you didn’t let me down when I told you to toddle off and make out I’ve said something I haven’t. That makes you my bitch.

Grendel

I’ve just told you I do you fucking idiot. Nice to see you didn’t let me down when I told you to toddle off and make out I’ve said something I haven’t. That makes you my bitch.

Oh dear Tony let’s be honest no one could ever accuse you of saying anything on here at all

italiahorse

He does it all the time.
The problem is when you fall into the trap of checking you didn't say it.

Grendel

He does it all the time.
The problem is when you fall into the trap of checking you didn't say it.

Mark my words - Land Rover stadium

May 2015

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

Offered 6 tickets for tomorrow if you want them? Can't give them away! ;)

Grendel

Come back when the new stadium sponsor is eventually announced.
It's on hold until the legals are over and CCFC are settled.

No it isn’t. It’s never been an option and it’s just your mate giving you bullshit. By the way the official reason your mates have given as to why they never went with Higgs was they didn’t want to upset the community with the impact on the football club. The real reason is their pathetic attempts to whore £7 million out of a sponsor was met with laughter and derision.

italiahorse

Why are they waiting

By that time they hopefully will be well gone back to their home

Thats a wish not a plan.
Have you ever wondered what happens to the Ricoh and CCFC if Wasps leave ?
Or do you just want rid and hope that Sisu buy something they
say they can't afford ?

Users who are viewing this thread