Wasps Again (3 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Yeah I poked Turner on Twitter. No reply but he was defending himself about the wall story.

I like CWR cos it’s live and they can’t ignored you.
Also problem with CWR is that Clive doesn’t have any idea what he’s on about.

Linnell on the other hand is sly, he knows and twists stuff

shmmeee

Because you can't debate him, yet can call him out knowing you won't have to deal with any counter argument

As just shown it’s perfectly possible for his fan club to relay any messages. Oh dear mate, not having a good one today are we?

Nick

Administrator
Are you free on Mondays

The whole "Monday" thing to go to a meeting at a pub in town at 7pm or whenever is bullshit if you want to give any sort of feedback.

It's 2020.

You saw first hand how much shit got done with the MMJ fundraiser with a simple Google Form you made...

SkyBlueDom26

As just shown it’s perfectly possible for his fan club to relay any messages. Oh dear mate, not having a good one today are we?

You always try and move the goalposts, who cares if his 'fan club' tries to relay any messages.... you can't engage in debate with him which shows that you are mostly wrong

Liquid Gold

Then you’re SoL I guess. Start talking to fans in Coventry?
Maybe they shouldn't claim to represent all fans if not all fans are able to get involved 'The Coventry Based Supporters Trust'

So now we've established 'getting involved' isn't an option and I'm unhappy with the way they're run what would you now suggest?

shmmeee

You always try and move the goalposts, who cares if his 'fan club' tries to relay any messages.... you can't engage in debate with him which shows that you are mostly wrong

Grendel has never debated in his life. Why are you so obsessed with him? More to the point why can’t you argue yourself and need daddy to do it for you? You can read his arguments. Put them across. The guy is a troll and not worth mine or anyone else’s time.

shmmeee

Maybe they shouldn't claim to represent all fans if not all fans are able to get involved 'The Coventry Based Supporters Trust'

So now we've established 'getting involved' isn't an option and I'm unhappy with the way they're run what would you now suggest?

Suck it up and look for other routes? That’s what I’ve done. I have childcare on Mondays and couldn’t make it if I wanted to. Hence my suggestion of going direct to the media for answers.

shmmeee

Seem to remember they claim to represent their members but could be wrong. I’m not obsessed with them as an excuse for everything.

Nick

Administrator
Seem to remember they claim to represent their members but could be wrong. I’m not obsessed with them as an excuse for everything.

It is often said and implied they represent fans in general.

Again, when was the last time their members were asked for views.

shmmeee

It is often said and implied they represent fans in general.

Again, when was the last time their members were asked for views.

I don’t know mate. I’m not a member. My point on this topic has been pretty simple all along: either join and change them or find a way around them. Tilting at windmills is pointless.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Theres fucking loads of issues with the trust. The main one is that the only people who can be arsed to get involved don’t seem to represent the wider fan base or ask the right questions of the actors involved.

The way to resolve that issue is to:

a) accept its a busted flush and stop frothing about it (my chosen route)
b) get involved and change it
Surely there is a third option, and one that I am surprised hasn't been taken up, but probably proves the point you have been making. Why hasn't an alternative been created? I wouldn't bother going to a trust meeting because I couldnt identify with them any less if I tried but have become a member of the L&W Supporters Club, which is apolitical but also done very well. To me, as someone said before, the Trust is a busted flush and we need a new 'movement' that more accurately reflects the majority (although it worries me what the majority actually think given the shite I heard at the Mem on Sunday). There are plenty on here, myself included, who would like to see a 'rival' to the trust set up that is more representative of fans, I am not going to put my name forward as a leading candidate because a) I am not based in Coventry so don't know many fans to garner support and b) more importantly, I am not up to it, and wouldn't fancy dealing with the pressure of people giving me grief over something all the time. That being said, would happily help out in the background and use any skills I possess to get it off the ground.

shmmeee

They may not want to go in pubs for religious reasons.

When you find yourself at this level of argument, it’s a good sign to stop.

“Maybe they were raped by a bald man when they were a kid and can’t be in the same room as half the Trust!”

Just to clarify, you’re now at the point where your argument is that the majority of fans disagree with the Trust, but they’re all Muslims who work long hours and live outside Cov! The only ones who don’t are in Wasps’ pocket.

No wonder gates are down!

Liquid Gold

Wouldn't bother me if they weren't rolled out to represent us whenever Wasps, CET, CWR, CCC etc. need someone to justify working against the club.

"Suck it up" isn't a reasonable reasonable response, it's 2020, they need to improve.

shmmeee

Surely there is a third option, and one that I am surprised hasn't been taken up, but probably proves the point you have been making. Why hasn't an alternative been created? I wouldn't bother going to a trust meeting because I couldnt identify with them any less if I tried but have become a member of the L&W Supporters Club, which is apolitical but also done very well. To me, as someone said before, the Trust is a busted flush and we need a new 'movement' that more accurately reflects the majority (although it worries me what the majority actually think given the shite I heard at the Mem on Sunday). There are plenty on here, myself included, who would like to see a 'rival' to the trust set up that is more representative of fans, I am not going to put my name forward as a leading candidate because a) I am not based in Coventry so don't know many fans to garner support and b) more importantly, I am not up to it, and wouldn't fancy dealing with the pressure of people giving me grief over something all the time. That being said, would happily help out in the background and use any skills I possess to get it off the ground.

Agree 100%

Look Dom: someone who can read and comprehend words! Maybe he can teach you.

David O'Day

When you find yourself at this level of argument, it’s a good sign to stop.

“Maybe they were raped by a bald man when they were a kid and can’t be in the same room as half the Trust!”

Just to clarify, you’re now at the point where your argument is that the majority of fans disagree with the Trust, but they’re all Muslims who work long hours and live outside Cov! The only ones who don’t are in Wasps’ pocket.

No wonder gates are down!

What the fuck are you talking about?

I simply said many Muslims would not want to go into a pub for religious reasons? As pubs sell alcohol.

Shmmeee you are an utter twat and dense as fuck as well.

shmmeee

Wouldn't bother me if they weren't rolled out to represent us whenever Wasps, CET, CWR, CCC etc. need someone to justify working against the club.

"Suck it up" isn't a reasonable reasonable response, it's 2020, they need to improve.

Suck it up is exactly the right response. God give me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to tell the difference.

shmmeee

What the fuck are you talking about?

I simply said many Muslims would not want to go into a pub for religious reasons? As pubs sell alcohol.

Shmmeee you are an utter twat and dense as fuck as well.

Funny, the devout Muslim next to me at work has no issues being in a pub. And I seem to remember Muslim members at the Trust meeting I went to in a pub years ago as well.

Almost like you’re desperate clutching at straws and haven’t the first fucking clue what you’re on about eh? Ego is a son of a bitch.

David O'Day

Funny, the devout Muslim next to me at work has no issues being in a pub. And I seem to remember Muslim members at the Trust meeting I went to in a pub years ago as well.

Almost like you’re desperate clutching at straws and haven’t the first fucking clue what you’re on about eh? Ego is a son of a bitch.

Cool because this make believe person is representative of all muslims.

That's good to hear.

Grenners you are right for once, he's a fucking moron. Probably eats crayons.

Liquid Gold

Suck it up is exactly the right response. God give me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to tell the difference.
You're giving them a blank cheque to do what they want without criticism.

Nick

Administrator

So really you are saying the Trust is unfit for purpose and doesn't actually represent it's members.

In which case, they shouldn't make any statements on behalf of fans and Trust members to the media.

SkyBlueDom26

Probably eats crayons.
giphy.gif

Bertola

Due to this thread, I thought i'd check the Trust website and find out when they are next due to meet up... Shock horror, there's nothing on there.

No doubt the next meeting will be announced two days before it actually takes place, adding further complications to those who would/could attend if given notice to arrange their other life around.

shmmeee

Cool because this make believe person is representative of all muslims.

That's good to hear.

Grenners you are right for once, he's a fucking moron. Probably eats crayons.

Yes Habeebah is make believe. Unlike your totally realistic majority of extremely devout Muslim Ciry fans who work long hours and live away from Cov who all want the Trust to change direction.

I see Grendels master debating skills still amount to shouting insults at people.

David O'Day

Yes Habeebah is make believe. Unlike your totally realistic majority of extremely devout Muslim Ciry fans who work long hours and live away from Cov who all want the Trust to change direction.

I see Grendels master debating skills still amount to shouting insults at people.

Cool story and I didn't say the majority did I? I said muslims may not want to go to a meeting in a pub and there will be some. Nowhere did I mention where they live or where they work.

You're done here kid, you fucked it big style.

Users who are viewing this thread