Wasps Again (6 Viewers)

Grendel

I’ve messaged Andy turner about the indemnity on Facebook... added for his thoughts on this

He’s a pathetic stooge

ccfc1234

Andy Turner has a boss I would ensure he is copied in too. This is not a sports story in its entirety. If CCFCs Junior Sky Blues section decided to play football against a religious statue or a war memorial I would expect that ignorance to make the press.

No damage done I am sure but they are showing a level of disrespect or stupidity given how many other areas of wall they could have used.

TTG

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

mds

it doesn’t take a genius to see that the “goal” is a good 10-15 yards away from the wall, and with obviously foam balls they aren’t going anywhere near the wall.
No it isnt, it is 10 foot maximum, click the link look at the whole picture! Obviously hard foam balls, hard enough to flake, scratch or scrub the paint off the names on the wall, tactless, insensitive, inconsiderate, whatever just wrong and they deserve all the flack they get!
The photo makes it look a lot worse than it is...
No it dosnt! It is wrong on so many levels.

Travs

No it isnt, it is 10 foot maximum, click the link look at the whole picture! Obviously hard foam balls, hard enough to flake, scratch or scrub the paint off the names on the wall, tactless, insensitive, inconsiderate, whatever just wrong and they deserve all the flack they get!
No it dosnt! It is wrong on so many levels.

faor enough it does look a lot worse when you fully open the link...

don’t get me wrong, I want Wasps to bugger off as much as anyone, and I very nearly jizzed my pants when Northampton scored that try at the end today... but I genuinely think this is more a case of unfortunate thought and positioning, rather than a deliberate attempt to wind up CCFC...

however the other way round it would be all guns blazing from the local media, so if it is used to bash Wasps then I’m not going to be complaining.

smileycov

Facebook User
I was outraged too when I first saw this, but it turns out that they are foam balls, so no damage would be done to the wall. That doesn't make it right, but it does add some context.
Whilst I appreciate that, thete Are bricks of s memorial nature in there. Foam ball or not I wouldn’t be happy to have some twat chucking something against it, would you?

JulianDarbyFTW

Whilst I appreciate that, thete Are bricks of s memorial nature in there. Foam ball or not I wouldn’t be happy to have some twat chucking something against it, would you?

No, I wouldn't be happy at all. I'm not defending it in the slightest. I just think it's important to know some details.

Frostie

Try tweeting Dallaglio RugbyWorks too.
@DallaglioRW

Not sure they will enjoy the negative publicity.

higgs

Pitch looks okay how many games been played on it this season?
284976d835c3097bb46b1ec17fbcd484.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

pipkin73

I’m as willing to get stuck into Wasps as the next person... however I think particular event is way too blown out of proportion.

it doesn’t take a genius to see that the “goal” is a good 10-15 yards away from the wall, and with obviously foam balls they aren’t going anywhere near the wall.

by all means get stuck into Wasps, I do at every opportunity, but think this one is a bit out of proportion...
My ex Mrs (not the one i mentioned on here) Dad is on that wall and she has passed away (like the one i did mention, yeah i don't have much luck) but she was so proud to have her Dad mentioned on there. They can use what they like, but there is a whole arena to do that shit on. Soft ball or not, 15 yards away or not this is just a complete lack of respect for the families and people on that wall.

pastythegreat

I’m as willing to get stuck into Wasps as the next person... however I think particular event is way too blown out of proportion.

by all means get stuck into Wasps, I do at every opportunity, but think this one is a bit out of proportion...
10-15 yards from the wall?? At what school did you learn measurements and distance?
That's 5 yards from the wall at very best.

Yes, granted, they're foam balls that aren't damaging the wall, but it's not about that, it's the complete lack of thought to anything CCFC at the ground. Putting w**ps scarfs on Jimmy's statue. Harmless and didnt damage the statue, but thoughtless and disrespectful. Same as this. There is plenty of areas in and around the ricoh they could of played this little game, but decided to do it in front of a wall which has bricks for deceased family members and such.
What next? A game of touch rugby on the memorial garden? It's all harmless fun though.... as long as they use foam balls and dont damage anything!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Grendel

Probably need to calm down. Jokes on them. They just reminded everyone in one picture who really belongs there

Next game they are planning a hoopla competition - 20 free tickets if you get it over Jimmy Hills statues head - 20 frees if you don’t as well

OffenhamSkyBlue

In many cases, it's tantamount to using the headstones in Canley Crem, IMHO. They should apologise using their local media stooges and assure those insulted that it won't be repeated.

Nick

Administrator
In many cases, it's tantamount to using the headstones in Canley Crem, IMHO. They should apologise using their local media stooges and assure those insulted that it won't be repeated.

It's OK, I am sure the Telegraph will be waiting for something to copy and paste as we speak.

Grendel

It's OK, I am sure the Telegraph will be waiting for something to copy and paste as we speak.

I see old Salop is tweeting away since this came to light frantically trying to shift the agenda

OffenhamSkyBlue

And James Alexander (he may have blocked you, Grendel?) - it fucking annoys me that he uses the monicker JimmyHillsChin - not fit to lick the great man's statue!

Users who are viewing this thread