Wasps action (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

Wasps owners are just like Sisu

I’m sure a protest will work.

I hate to say it but the hedge funds aren’t going to listen to us. It’ll all be financially driven.

If we want to protest the EFL is the best place to start.

A message around “don’t let the money men ruin sport” night even get wider support and discussion.
Agree with your sentiment, but the EFL are also only really in it for the money too. If they got an offer for TV rights abroad - L1&2 fixture list would eventually fit their schedule & the fans would be as buggered about much as those of the Premiership

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Captain Dart

But you cannot find out easily online in fact not at all everything is very secret that’s what Hedge Fund investors are. And why would it be wealthy American businessmen investing in a 3rd tier English football team with no affinity to the club
Well I did find some details online but you have just made up a story..

Also there is a quote from Seppala in this article about her investors.
https://www-coventrytelegraph-net.c...entry-news/joy-seppala-coventry-city-13732486

Nick

Administrator
But you cannot find out easily online in fact not at all everything is very secret that’s what Hedge Fund investors are. And why would it be wealthy American businessmen investing in a 3rd tier English football team with no affinity to the club

They don't choose what they invest in. They give their money to SISU to get them a bit of money back and SISU spread it out over different investments.

If all of these rich people wanted to invest, why wouldn't they just do it for the club rather than SISU?

I think what you are saying is really far fetched and very unlikely.

pastythegreat

To Quote your user name...Christ on a bike 18 quid for a fuckin burger...ha ha what idiots pay that?????
Idiots that take pictures of their food for Instagram likes, the same idiots that put pics of themselves at w**ps games to look good on Insta, the same people that have probably NEVER attended a CRFC match in their lives.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Gynnsthetonic

That doesn't explain why they would pile money into SISU....
They do not want to be known, SISU is there front and would be investing in SISU to hopefully and rightfully take control of the stadium as it was intended for CCFC!
This is only a theory but has surely been bought up before.
This is my opinion and am probably totally wrong but this is what this forum is for and for members to voice them.
In my opinion some of SISUs backers have CCFC connections

Nick

Administrator
They do not want to be known, SISU is there front and would be investing in SISU to hopefully and rightfully take control of the stadium as it was intended for CCFC!
This is only a theory but has surely been bought up before.
This is my opinion and am probably totally wrong but this is what this forum is for and for members to voice them.
In my opinion some of SISUs backers have CCFC connections

No, it hasn't been brought up before because that's not how it works. If all of these rich people from Coventry wanted to invest, surely they would have piled their money into the actual CCFC rather than giving it to SISU for legal action?

I am not saying you can't voice them ;) Just explaining why it's really unlikely!

Nick

Administrator
They would pile money into SISU to rightfully take back control of the stadium as it was originally intended for

Surely they would have just piled their money into CCFC in the first place where it was guaranteed to get the stadium? Christ, they could have even put a consortium together to buy the Ricoh and bid against Wasps.

Gynnsthetonic

No, it hasn't been brought up before because that's not how it works. If all of these rich people from Coventry wanted to invest, surely they would have piled their money into the actual CCFC rather than giving it to SISU for legal action?

I am not saying you can't voice them ;) Just explaining why it's really unlikely!
I’m not just saying all these rich people, I’m saying former associates, directors, chairmen.

Captain Dart

They don't choose what they invest in. They give their money to SISU to get them a bit of money back and SISU spread it out over different investments.

If all of these rich people wanted to invest, why wouldn't they just do it for the club rather than SISU?

I think what you are saying is really far fetched and very unlikely.
How much experience do you have dealing with wealthy investors?

Captain Dart

How much experience do you have dealing with wealthy investors?

More than you would think, just not in the football industry.

Well I would think none considering you are on this site all the time even during work hours.

What sort of monitoring procedures have you dealt with?

Edit: fixed.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Why are you now replying to yourself?

giphy.gif

I didn't say I had run an investment company or done deals, just that I have dealt with people who invest...

Gynnsthetonic

It still doesn't explain why they would put their money into SISU, rather than CCFC or even just the Ricoh it's self?
Because the council had a stronghold over the stadium which was not rightfully there's. They had the club over a barrel and were creaming all the profits. That is not how it was intended for. It should be the football clubs outright!
It still doesn't explain why they would put their money into SISU, rather than CCFC or even just the Ricoh it's self?

ceetee

Fook me Wasps giving away a home shirt if you buy a 3 match package. Doesn't sound like they are thriving does it?
19546b-wasps-three-game-bundle-graphic.jpg
Not sure what the cost price of a shirt is but that's probably no more than £5 a game. But it's more attractive than reducing the gate price by ,£5

Brighton Sky Blue

Wasn’t that made previously by selling McSheffrey?

That rent was horrendous and the council refused to budge on it. If I remember we tried to have it scaling dependant on what league we were in

He was also allowed to spend on Tabb, McKenzie etc. Way outstripped the McSheffrey fee if I recall. Think he’d raised some funds from the seat licensing but it was most certainly an ill advised punt

Terry Gibson's perm

Fook me Wasps giving away a home shirt if you buy a 3 match package. Doesn't sound like they are thriving does it?
19546b-wasps-three-game-bundle-graphic.jpg

For our last home fixtures at Ricoh Arena

It’s a shame I doesn’t end with forever or before our return to London

jordan210

Not sure what the cost price of a shirt is but that's probably no more than £5 a game. But it's more attractive than reducing the gate price by ,£5

The cheapest seats for an adult its £42 for 3 matches and a shirt.

Shirt price is £25 in the sale.RRP £65!

So basically £5.60 a match plus shirt price or £16 excluding it. Cant be much mark up left in shirt and tickets at that price

SBS

I think the club make money on all F&B and parking. But it's minimal compared to what w**ps make.
We wouldn't make out percentage but surely w**ps would lose more, they'd lose their (bigger) percentage plus they'd lose out on all the food they'll bring in and cook that won't be sold.

Surely a reasonably easy and effective protest to organise? People can go 90 minutes without one of those hot dogs? I wouldn’t feed them to my dogs anyway!

Hits Wasps where it hurts.

Ricketts

If you have a new shirt coming out next season then this is the way to shift your surplus stock, and get bums on seats.

Joy Division

Maybe I'll just turn up with a drill and take my brick back from the Jimmy Hill wall

pastythegreat

Surely a reasonably easy and effective protest to organise? People can go 90 minutes without one of those hot dogs? I wouldn’t feed them to my dogs anyway!

Hits Wasps where it hurts.
Exactly this, if you want a beer before the game, drink in (and help out) a local establishment instead of lining the franchises pockets. And buy a greggs on the way in if your that greedy you cant wait til full time to stuff your face.
Only money I've ever spent up there since the egg chasers moved in was a bovril when it was really cold, but the Mrs. Bought me a flask last Xmas so don't even do that anymore. I park at Cov Welsh for half the price of the Ricoh parking and drink there before the game too.
If everyone could do similar for just one game, they'd notice a big hit.

Nick

Administrator
If that's real then fair play to whoever did that. If they are named I would happily chip in for the advertising costs!

hopesprings

There are disgruntled former directors who feel aggrieved by the council for claiming that the Arena was theres to be used as a cash cow by charging extortionate rent and making money off the events. That ground was built for CCFC and CCFC alone and the councils actions are a disgrace. My theory is and is only a theory is that SISUs backers are maybe highly influention people with links to the football club and are behind SISU with there investment. We don’t know who SISUs backers are or how do you invest in them

hopesprings

It’s only a theory but we don’t know has invested in SISU, what about Robinson, The Mcginnity family, Richardson, Ransom, Hoffman, John Clarke and more. We don’t know, that is the thing with SISU but is only a theory. What i am trying to say Nick is neither you or I know nothing still to this day who there investors are!

Think it more likely that they are not anything to do with CCFC...I have always had the thought that they may be exactly the opposite....people who disliked City perhaps Villa fans or Wolves fans.. happy to see us in shit....The biggest problem is no one knows least of all the EFL....It is definitely something they need to tighten up on

Nick

Administrator
If anyones interested the Digital advertising board at the Ricoh on the A444 costs around £150 a day to advertise on.

Is it that much? It usually has really shit clothing websites on that look like a 4 year old designed. Are they really paying that much?

Users who are viewing this thread