Wasps action (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Back in the day, when they took over, I found all sorts of reports about just this type of tactic made by a hedge fund. I want to say it was indeed SISU, but time (and watching lawyers!) means I won't, as I don't have access to the same databases to check.

It all played out remarkably like it is now - you probably don't want to know the ending!

18787685b4c252212007c43d57577863.jpg

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Yes but arvo are one of the claimants so there maybe some sort of action to recover say ryton from arvo that a court may permit. However I don't have a commercial barristers knowledge to know for certain. It could all get very messy and take years

Gynnsthetonic

Who are SISUs investors, could they be previous directors and some current CCFC directors and local powerful businessmen from the area who are trying to distress Wasps, as I’ve heard they are not far from admin themselves unless a deal is done with CCFC. Is it a case of Wasps and CCC making a last ditch attempt before there investment goes tits up and in jump SISU. One big game of Poker.
CCC even before SISU never wanted to sell the arena and I have a feeling that some former directors and local highly influential people may secretly be SISU investors wanting to reunite the club with the stadium. I have heard this rumour only recently.

Nick

Administrator
Who are SISUs investors, could they be previous directors and some current CCFC directors and local powerful businessmen from the area who are trying to distress Wasps, as I’ve heard they are not far from admin themselves unless a deal is done with CCFC. Is it a case of Wasps and CCC making a last ditch attempt before there investment goes tits up and in jump SISU. One big game of Poker.
CCC even before SISU never wanted to sell the arena and I have a feeling that some former directors and local highly influential people may secretly be SISU investors wanting to reunite the club with the stadium. I have heard this rumour only recently.

Why would loads of local businessmen be secret SISU investors?

I am not sure that adds up.

SkyblueBazza

Atm I am thinking the chances of your suggestion being accurate are pretty remote. No real idea why coz anything is possible in this fiasco...just my gut-feeling.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gynnsthetonic

In a way of staying involved with the club without being known after the 2007 SISU takeover. Maybe have a grievance with the greedy CCC for charging silly rent money which was forcing the club into admin until SISU arrived. I remember listening to Paul Fletcher on the radio absolutely slating the council for basically holding the club to ransom.

Nick

Administrator
In a way of staying involved with the club without being known after the 2007 SISU takeover. Maybe have a grievance with the greedy CCC for charging silly rent money which was forcing the club into admin until SISU arrived. I remember listening to Paul Fletcher on the radio absolutely slating the council for basically holding the club to ransom.

Investing in SISU isn't necessarily being involved in the club.

That is whole different discussion though but I am not sure that scenario is that viable.

Brighton Sky Blue

Nothing to do with Fletch allowing Micky Adams to spend 6 figure sums on Kevin Kyle and Chris Birchall

SBS

I struggle to keep up with who takes what on a match day but if it only affects Wasps...

Why not a full boycott of food and drink at the next home game?

christonabike

I struggle to keep up with who takes what on a match day but if it only affects Wasps...

Why not a full boycott of food and drink at the next home game?
Just looked at "The Mill" pub thats situated in the main entrance. £18 for a gourmet burger and a pint of Purity ale! FFS I will give that a miss anyday.:wideyed:
the-mill-social-media-graphics-burger-brew-landscape.jpg

CV22SBA

Haven’t Wasps lost a few key players recently too as they can’t afford the wages being offered by other clubs. I was reading the other day about Nathan Hughes before the England v France six nations match and he is also leaving Wasps in the summer to join Bristol as Wasps couldn’t match his £500K per year deal that Bristol were offering.

Ian1779

Haven’t Wasps lost a few key players recently too as they can’t afford the wages being offered by other clubs. I was reading the other day about Nathan Hughes before the England v France six nations match and he is also leaving Wasps in the summer to join Bristol as Wasps couldn’t match his £500K per year deal that Bristol were offering.

CCFC AND Wasps are run by the same type of people. Wasps are better at the PR bit. Wasps have actually tried to do what SISU did in terms of a quick investment (mostly of other peoples money!!) to garner success on the pitch. Like SISU it would appear that this tactic has not worked at all. So now where do they go, realistaically they will go another season without any success, budgets down, players go. They are potentially in a precarious position too.

If we actually put them under pressure too through protests at their games or something, we might see a change of approach.

SBS

And parking too

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I thought the football club made money out of match day parking? I might be wrong though - like I said, I can’t keep up!

Wasps are the ones who can easily affect our situation, they need to be targeted. Specific aims and objectives rather than just “get national press coverage”.

shmmeee

CCFC AND Wasps are run by the same type of people. Wasps are better at the PR bit. Wasps have actually tried to do what SISU did in terms of a quick investment (mostly of other peoples money!!) to garner success on the pitch. Like SISU it would appear that this tactic has not worked at all. So now where do they go, realistaically they will go another season without any success, budgets down, players go. They are potentially in a precarious position too.

If we actually put them under pressure too through protests at their games or something, we might see a change of approach.

Wasps owners are just like Sisu

I’m sure a protest will work.

I hate to say it but the hedge funds aren’t going to listen to us. It’ll all be financially driven.

If we want to protest the EFL is the best place to start.

A message around “don’t let the money men ruin sport” night even get wider support and discussion.

pastythegreat

I thought the football club made money out of match day parking? I might be wrong though - like I said, I can’t keep up!

Wasps are the ones who can easily affect our situation, they need to be targeted. Specific aims and objectives rather than just “get national press coverage”.
I think the club make money on all F&B and parking. But it's minimal compared to what w**ps make.
We wouldn't make out percentage but surely w**ps would lose more, they'd lose their (bigger) percentage plus they'd lose out on all the food they'll bring in and cook that won't be sold.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Wasps owners are just like Sisu

I’m sure a protest will work.

I hate to say it but the hedge funds aren’t going to listen to us. It’ll all be financially driven.

If we want to protest the EFL is the best place to start.

A message around “don’t let the money men ruin sport” night even get wider support and discussion.

You are probably right, but the one thing that Wasps won’t want is bad PR - it’s the one thing they think they’ve got right since coming to Cov. Imagine a bunch of CCFC fans making a load of noise singing our songs at one of their games? It would get noticed!!

shmmeee

You are probably right, but the one thing that Wasps won’t want is bad PR - it’s the one thing they think they’ve got right since coming to Cov. Imagine a bunch of CCFC fans making a load of noise singing our songs at one of their games? It would get noticed!!

If it can be done it should don’t get me wrong. I’m just not hopeful

Seaside-Skyblue

Out of interest what would be the result if say CCC lost the case? Would it just be a financial payout or would sisu actually get a claim on the ricoh? Genuinely don't know. Just wondering what the prize is for doing this.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Gynnsthetonic

There are disgruntled former directors who feel aggrieved by the council for claiming that the Arena was theres to be used as a cash cow by charging extortionate rent and making money off the events. That ground was built for CCFC and CCFC alone and the councils actions are a disgrace. My theory is and is only a theory is that SISUs backers are maybe highly influention people with links to the football club and are behind SISU with there investment. We don’t know who SISUs backers are or how do you invest in them

Nick

Administrator
There are disgruntled former directors who feel aggrieved by the council for claiming that the Arena was theres to be used as a cash cow by charging extortionate rent and making money off the events. That ground was built for CCFC and CCFC alone and the councils actions are a disgrace. My theory is and is only a theory is that SISUs backers are maybe highly influention people with links to the football club and are behind SISU with there investment. We don’t know who SISUs backers are or how do you invest in them

You keep saying this but it doesn't really add up.

Which ex directors?

Gynnsthetonic

It’s only a theory but we don’t know has invested in SISU, what about Robinson, The Mcginnity family, Richardson, Ransom, Hoffman, John Clarke and more. We don’t know, that is the thing with SISU but is only a theory. What i am trying to say Nick is neither you or I know nothing still to this day who there investors are!

Nick

Administrator
It’s only a theory but we don’t know has invested in SISU, what about Robinson, The Mcginnity family, Richardson, Ransom, Hoffman, John Clarke and more. We don’t know, that is the thing with SISU but is only a theory. What i am trying to say Nick is neither you or I know nothing still to this day who there investors are!

Hoffman should be after a job on Corrie if he is investing in SISU, surely?

Then, why would they be piling money into SISU to fund legals against CCC to show backing for the club?

Gynnsthetonic

Hoffman should be after a job on Corrie if he is investing in SISU, surely?

Then, why would they be piling money into SISU to fund legals against CCC to show backing for the club?
Because they want the ground back in the hands of the football club. The stadium was not intended to be given away to a London based Rugby club playing in front of 6000 supporters with half of them getting in free, it was not to be used by the council as a cash cow. That Arena was built for CCFC and CCFC only and to see CCFC sustainable in the premier league. CCC have screwed this club over!

chiefdave

They do, someone posted it up recently and it worked out to the club getting a few pence for every tenner spent on parking.

Seems more like it was done so ACL could look good by saying CCFC now make money off other revenue streams when in reality we get a few crumbs.

Captain Dart

From what you can easily find online it is likely to be a group of very wealthy American business associates of Seppala and her husband hiding behind the anonimity of a Cayman Islands registered business. I give no credence to the local connection.

Nick

Administrator
Because they want the ground back in the hands of the football club. The stadium was not intended to be given away to a London based Rugby club playing in front of 6000 supporters with half of them getting in free, it was not to be used by the council as a cash cow. That Arena was built for CCFC and CCFC only and to see CCFC sustainable in the premier league. CCC have screwed this club over!

That doesn't explain why they would pile money into SISU....

stevefloyd

Just looked at "The Mill" pub thats situated in the main entrance. £18 for a gourmet burger and a pint of Purity ale! FFS I will give that a miss anyday.:wideyed:
the-mill-social-media-graphics-burger-brew-landscape.jpg
To Quote your user name...Christ on a bike 18 quid for a fuckin burger...ha ha what idiots pay that?????

Gynnsthetonic

From what you can easily find online it is likely to be a group of very wealthy American business associates of Seppala and her husband hiding behind the anonimity of a Cayman Islands registered business. I give no credence to the local connection.
But you cannot find out easily online in fact not at all everything is very secret that’s what Hedge Fund investors are. And why would it be wealthy American businessmen investing in a 3rd tier English football team with no affinity to the club

Users who are viewing this thread