Bright Enobhakare

Out

Marko Marosi
Amadou Bakayoko
Maxime Biamou
Gervane Kastaneer
Brandon Mason
Morgan Williams

When looked at this way, a very succesful window and clear upgrades in the squad.

However when looking at the fact we have lost James, Ostigard and McCallum from last years starting 11, that becomes less impressive for me.

Overall

6.5/10

AStonesThrow

Looking at the outs and ins comparatively, we’ve taken that next step up in quality and have secured some decent experienced heads at this level in doing so. Improved on what we had last season without totally overthrowing the squad, nor it’s harmony & chemistry.

Similarly, we’ve acquired some decent youth talent this window too. Seemingly stagnating players like Bremang have been improved on with the likes of Tavares, Dinanga and Rus, whilst keeping hold of the promising lads already here such as Bapaga.

Solid signings, no important players lost.

Only downside for me is the lack of depth in some positions but you can only work with the market you’re given. For me, like most, a backup LWB would have been important but should we need it, we have options to cover it.

Overall: 8/10

South West Sky Blue

Decent window on the incomings. Poor window in terms of outgoings - not getting rid of squad players who clearly aren’t going to contribute.
Even Kastaneer and Mason have had to be paid off (no choice really).
Best part was keeping COH & Hamer though.

Sky Blue Harry H

Decent window on the incomings. Poor window in terms of outgoings - not getting rid of squad players who clearly aren’t going to contribute.

I think a few clubs will have had issues clearing out players who they no longer want. People don't want to pay fees, and a lot of players on contracts (and not playing) are reluctant to leave for lesser wages, and in some cases there is no-one willing/able to take them.

Liquid Gold

6/7, we could have done with finding Fadz long term replacement and Bright so far looks like bumping it down a point on his own. If we had bought in Patterson instead of Bright then it would be 7/8. Waghorn looks like a strange signing still and Kane is obviously a wait and see.

I might actually say 6 as we're still stuck with Jobello and Hilsner who are completely bombed out and Shipley who won't get much playing time.

better days

6/7, we could have done with finding Fadz long term replacement and Bright so far looks like bumping it down a point on his own. If we had bought in Patterson instead of Bright then it would be 7/8. Waghorn looks like a strange signing still and Kane is obviously a wait and see.

I might actually say 6 as we're still stuck with Jobello and Hilsner who are completely bombed out and Shipley who won't get much playing time.
Pretty surprised that one or two more didn't go out
Hilssner and Jobello were always going to be hard to shift but there was interest in Shippers which has apparently come to nothing
Maybe we were looking for a fee?

PVA

Hilssner and Jobello were always going to be hard to shift but there was interest in Shippers which has apparently come to nothing

According to the CET Robins wants to keep Shipley as a squad player.

I'm sure if someone came in with a good offer he'd have gone though.

shmmeee

Added three solid permanent first teamers, two decent loans, a couple of decent backups and a wild card. All without breaking the bank, it’s about as good as we could hope with the budget, even if I’d have bought in fewer strikers and RWBs and more left sided defenders and prospects.

junglej13

Does seem a surprise that we haven't let Pask and/or Drysdale go on loan.

SlowerThanPlatt

We kept them because nobody wanted them - not because our owners turned down numerous bids

robbiekeane

7/8 out of 10.

Remember we are on a shoe string and were playing in league two a few years ago.

We've kept hold of Dabo, O'Hare, Hamer, and added much needed depth in attacking positions. We have four strikers who are more than capable at this level.

We were always going to have to trade off some depth elsewhere and i am personally much more excited about this squad of players than last year. Lets be fucking honest this is the best squad we've had in about 10 years.

People rating it a 6/10 lol

skyblue1991

The loan window is still open isn't it? Just thinking what we did in League One when the permanent window shut

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Esoterica

7/8 out of 10.

Remember we are on a shoe string and were playing in league two a few years ago.

We've kept hold of Dabo, O'Hare, Hamer, and added much needed depth in attacking positions. We have four strikers who are more than capable at this level.

We were always going to have to trade off some depth elsewhere and i am personally much more excited about this squad of players than last year. Lets be fucking honest this is the best squad we've had in about 10 years.

People rating it a 6/10 lol
Agree with all of that completely apart from the 10 years bit. If you're really talking squad then it's a lot longer than that. We had a few good players under Coleman in 2008/2009 but the squad was so weak looking back.
We started 2008 with Stephen Wright, Beuzelin, Gray, Eastwood in the side. Robbie Simpson, McPake, Birchall on the bench. Players like Kyle, Mifsud and Borrowdale were being bombed out. We were about to spunk 500k on David Bell. People talk about that era and how Coleman should have done better with Dann, Fox, Gunnarsson, Best etc but the rest of the squad was severely lacking.

Terry_dactyl

Pask's career is in danger of going seriously down the shitter if we pick DaCosta ahead of him, and now sign Kane to play ahead of him too.
It’s a strange one. He looked perfectly competent in the games he played last year. He’s also got a bit of versatility about him. Robins clearly doesn’t rate him though.

skybluegod

The loan window is still open isn't it? Just thinking what we did in League One when the permanent window shut

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

No, that rule changed years ago. Loan window now closed at the same time as the normal transfer window.

The Philosopher

In

Simon Moore - an improvement on post-injury Marosi and showing to be better than Wilson.

Martyn Waghorn - not sure if he’s better or better value than Biamou. I’m not convinced that this is a great signing. I’d have rather put the wage budget at trying to get Osti back or James in.

Viktor Gyokores - was here last year but is great to get him on a perm. Good business.

Ian Maatsen - looks good, maybe not an improvement on McCallum. Think we are weak in that area if he gets injured.

Jake Clarke-Salter - decent enough.

Todd Kane - experienced at this level and wouldn’t have been available at his price had he not been gobby. Maybe more of a signing by opportunity rather than long term target. Provides cover / options in the squad

Ben Sheaf - here last year. I’m not his biggest fan but has improved in the last few matches. I’m happy to be proved wrong

Bright Enobhakare - a punt. Hope he comes good.

Out

Marko Marosi - see above

Amadou Bakayoko - didn’t make it so correct to be rid of him.

Maxime Biamou - unsure if his wage demands were too much out of the budget. I believe he was a good character to have a I thought he’d be ok to keep as backup. Just my opinion.

Gervane Kastaneer - turned out to be a poor signing.

Brandon Mason - if we’ve paid off what we would have paid him in wages anyway then why let him go? We are short at LB / LWB. However, there must be a reason that his form dipped. Would we appear to be a more compassionate club and hence more appealing to future potential signings had we kept him here whilst he recuperates? If he’s getting fit elsewhere then fine, but out in the wilderness? Not sure about this.

Morgan Williams - just didn’t make it.

It’s in terms of loan players that I think we’ve lost out on.

I’d argue that Osti, James, Giles, McC, haven’t been replaced with better squad players atm.

We will be able to judge better about the transfer business later in the season.

Last edited:

TomRad85

7.5/10 - would have been an 8 if we’d let more of the deadwood go.
Spot on. Would have probably got another first teamer in if the deadwood had been moved on too but can't have it all. Isn't most of the dross out of contract next summer anyway?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

Not been a bad window. There is more Defence/WB position cover this year. Also, Max and Baka moving on has meant our striker options are better with Vik and Wagz as the replacements.

Kane
Dabo
Pask
Dacosta
Rose
Fadz
JCS
Ian M

Users who are viewing this thread