Warwickshire CCC 2019 Thread (3 Viewers)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

it's pathetic. As for Stewart remember him (when he was captain) complaining about counties giving Test players "practice" before playing England

I’ve never liked Stewart or Craig White since they were the only England player (one dayer late 90’s) to not sign my autograph book in a one dayer, it was my birthday my dad got tickets in the pavilion at the end of the row where the steps the players used to go up and down, got there 90 mins before play so had about a dozen opportunities to ask everytime ignored!
I got Hussain’s & Goughs 5 times!

SBAndy

it's pathetic. As for Stewart remember him (when he was captain) complaining about counties giving Test players "practice" before playing England

Amazing how morals go out the window when you're in a results-based job.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

England players should go ipl to learn how to play spin bit then the good ol boys network moan

Not sure the IPL is where you learn to play spin, first class cricket in India or Sri Lanka would be where to go if they get a chance.

IPL is hit & giggle for seriously big money (can’t blame them).

Reactions: vow

covcity4life

Not sure the IPL is where you learn to play spin, first class cricket in India or Sri Lanka would be where to go if they get a chance.

IPL is hit & giggle for seriously big money (can’t blame them).
Pitch is a pitch

Ipl is well marketed. Ecc should learn from them

What r the competions these days? In my day it was county championship, sunday league,benson and hedges cup and natwest trophy

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Pitch is a pitch

Ipl is well marketed. Ecc should learn from them

What r the competions these days? In my day it was county championship, sunday league,benson and hedges cup and natwest trophy

Yeah but they’re not developing my having a dozen ball slog at spin if England want to compete at test level in the sub continent the lads need to play first class games down there so they can get the practice in.

Still CC which is being played mainly in a bulk start of season and end.

50 over Cup 2 groups 8 games then knock outs which starts next few weeks and again played in a block.

2020 comp taking up peak time over the summer.

And in a few years there will be a City based 8 team 2020 comp like the ‘Big Bash’ & ‘IPL’.

covcity4life

Yeah but they’re not developing my having a dozen ball slog at spin if England want to compete at test level in the sub continent the lads need to play first class games down there so they can get the practice in.

Still CC which is being played mainly in a bulk start of season and end.

50 over Cup 2 groups 8 games then knock outs which starts next few weeks and again played in a block.

2020 comp taking up peak time over the summer.

And in a few years there will be a City based 8 team 2020 comp like the ‘Big Bash’ & ‘IPL’.

if only a highlights programe on sky to keep up to date with it all

Terry Gibson's perm

I just can’t get into the Ipl at all it’s just mercenary cricket and from the bits I have seen there are better 20 overs cricketers in county cricket than some of the players there.

Warwickshire at lunch 144 for 2 with Wright still there on 47

tisza

No excuse for some of these scores.
Yorks have 5 or 6 Test batsmen in their side.

These aren't top quality bowlers taking the wickets this season. Seems to medium-fast bowlers who generally bowl a length and occasionally swing it a bit. Shouldn't be such a problem for experienced county players.

eastwoodsdustman

No excuse for some of these scores.
Yorks have 5 or 6 Test batsmen in their side.

These aren't top quality bowlers taking the wickets this season. Seems to medium-fast bowlers who generally bowl a length and occasionally swing it a bit. Shouldn't be such a problem for experienced county players.
They're not used to sticky wickets. Someone coming off a few paces nibbling the ball about is causing all sorts of problems.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Essex 142 all out

Yorkshire 62-0 off 12 2nd inns Bairstow teeing off opening, obviously a juicy wicket and the best form of defence is attack.

Bears into the lead 5 down.

A 120 first inns lead would do nicely after lunch tomorrow!

tisza

Essex 142 all out

Yorkshire 62-0 off 12 2nd inns Bairstow teeing off opening, obviously a juicy wicket and the best form of defence is attack.

Bears into the lead 5 down.

A 120 first inns lead would do nicely after lunch tomorrow!
need as many as possible if Sidebottom isn't available 2nd innings

Gazolba

What's a good website for county cricket scores and full scorecard?
Must be viewable outside the UK.

Terry Gibson's perm

Or go on the Warwickshire web site and go to match centre and watch the live feed unfortunately the radio coverage is out of sync and the commentary is done by Eakin although he is much better at the cricket than football

Terry Gibson's perm

Weather looks ok for the next few days.

I think it will be Stone in for Sidebottom and the rest the same another win required and a few draws elsewhere and it’s a very good start.

I will be watching the stream from Edgbaston hopefully and listening to Eakin.

Users who are viewing this thread