Match Thread Walsall vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 8th Dec (1 Viewer)

LilleSkyBlue

Was that the one where Baka controlled it, laid it off and then ran through on goal with no defender anywhere near him but Shipley hammered it across the field? I was raging.

Yes, I reckon. I was incandescent at the numbskull futility of that ball

Sky Blue Harry H

Was that the one where Baka controlled it, laid it off and then ran through on goal with no defender anywhere near him but Shipley hammered it across the field? I was raging.

Yes. that was it - a fairly simple pass to execute - and he would have been in on goal.

Adge

Yes that was the one-Shipley knew it aswell with his head in his hands!

Comedy moment of the day was the City fans singing “E I E I E I O” after we scored-get some perspective,cringeworthy and laughable.

Adge

Anyone see what was going on with the group of City fans gathering at the bottom behind the goal by the tunnel area? Police were there aswell-couldn’t see as we were on the side.

clint van damme

Anyone see what was going on with the group of City fans gathering at the bottom behind the goal by the tunnel area? Police were there aswell-couldn’t see as we were on the side.

If what you're on a obout was at half time they were waiting for the bar to open

Blind-Faith

So from the 2 minutes highlights I’ve seen as I was working today so couldn’t make it , Burge has had a nightmare with the first , didn’t even get anywhere near it , if your coming out for that then clean everything out including player and ball.

But the chances we missed or hit straight at the keeper is more of a concern , bury them and burges mistake would almost be forgotten by now , I’m not his biggest fan but today’s loss is clearly not his fault , bakas swing and miss before Thomas should of scored is just as bad as burges error aswell , embarrassing from 6 yards out that he didn’t even connect with the ball the same as our keeper didn’t for their goal

covcity4life

I agree It was a collossus fuck up by Burge.
If you'd read the thread instead of acting the dick you'd see that.
But over the season so far Burge has been a consistent performer. If you think different carry on. I'm bored of your nonsense now so I'll let you have the last word to satisfy your infantile mentality.
i hve asked 1 thing. Is burge miss as bad as Jch narrow miss

Plz answers

covcity4life

I agree It was a collossus fuck up by Burge.
If you'd read the thread instead of acting the dick you'd see that.
But over the season so far Burge has been a consistent performer. If you think different carry on. I'm bored of your nonsense now so I'll let you have the last word to satisfy your infantile mentality.
No last word to have . Idiotic to cosr us r4...narrow Jack miss to burge costing us 3 points

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Rumour has it they ran out of Pies. Fisher got the blame. Police got involved due to stewards being concerned that fans would instead resort to buying hot dogs instead. Madness!

Astute

There’s a special place for people who bet against their own team, doesn’t matter if it’s virtual currency.
Put me in that special place.

I felt it was coming. It was all them in the second half. Burge kept our lead for us. But all the way through the second half I felt if they scored a goal they would get the winner. You bet with your head and not your heart. I put a few bets on them to win. It is a sweetener that pays for the day if you lose. About 30 seconds before they scored they were 150/1 to win. I felt it could happen. So I put a small one on expecting to lose it.

Was anyone shocked when they got the penalty? Was anyone shocked that we lost?

Sick Boy

Put me in that special place.

I felt it was coming. It was all them in the second half. Burge kept our lead for us. But all the way through the second half I felt if they scored a goal they would get the winner. You bet with your head and not your heart. I put a few bets on them to win. It is a sweetener that pays for the day if you lose. About 30 seconds before they scored they were 150/1 to win. I felt it could happen. So I put a small one on expecting to lose it.

Was anyone shocked when they got the penalty? Was anyone shocked that we lost?

The manner of defeat, yes, I’m still fuming. I made a nice profit on us during the Thorn season.

Astute

The manner of defeat, yes, I’m still fuming. I made a nice profit on us during the Thorn season.
The manner of the defeat yes. But we were poor the second half. Why can we only play for half a game? Why can't Robins see what is happening and do something about it?

Was I the only one who had a feeling we would lose yesterday?

Covstu

Didn’t bother commenting last night as I needed to calm down but still not! Proper disappointed by the result and the manner we threw the points away. Whilst I agree Burge fucked up on the goal, he did pull off some decent saves and overall been vastly improved so I am trying to keep a balanced view. Technically we would have still got a draw at that point prior to the penalty so let’s not get the knives out on this player too.

We have to better at taking our chances, we created chances and just didn’t take them. We play a dangerous second half tactic and it’s cost us twice against Walsall alone never mind other games. The running streak we had (vastly disappearing from memory already) we didn’t sit back in those games so cannot work out why we are doing this, of course teams chasing games will put more pressure on but we need better balance.

Sick Boy

I’ve criticised Burge in the past but he has been excellent this season, so I don’t think it’d be fair to start saying to get rid of him. The strikers that were brought in over the summer are a major cause of concern considering that we’ve spent decent money on them

clint van damme

I’ve criticised Burge in the past but he has been excellent this season, so I don’t think it’d be fair to start saying to get rid of him. The strikers that were brought in over the summer are a major cause of concern considering that we’ve spent decent money on them

We have conceded the 5th lowest amount of goals (joint 5th), but on goal is scored we are 14th.
Despite yesterday's capitulation it's clear to se where the underlying problems are.

Covstu

We have conceded the 5th lowest amount of goals (joint 5th), but on goal is scored we are 14th.
Despite yesterday's capitulation it's clear to se where the underlying problems are.
Or we are just a mid table team who had a positive blip a few months Ago!

oucho

Yes that was the one-Shipley knew it aswell with his head in his hands!

Comedy moment of the day was the City fans singing “E I E I E I O” after we scored-get some perspective,cringeworthy and laughable.

Eh? We sing that at most games and so do loads of other clubs?!?

smileycov

Facebook User
I thought we were excellent first half, even getting pummelled in second half I didn’t think we would lose. Referee was appalling, should have booked 1/2 Walsall players in first half lost control. Shocking decisions all game so appalling penalty decision didn’t surprise me. It is all down to lack of goals, and poor passing in the final third. At least twice we would have had good chances if the right or decent ball was delivered!! We are jeckyll and Hyde team at the minute. Second half was poor but we still had enough to be 2-3 goals up. Cracking support again shame performance didn’t match it

Adge

Eh? We sing that at most games and so do loads of other clubs?!?
And how silly and premature it is to be singing it in December. Think I heard a rendition of it in early October aswell-again laughable.
Lets go with it if we are in the playoff places come March/April-then it won’t be as embarrassing.

oucho

And how silly and premature it is to be singing it in December. Think I heard a rendition of it in early October aswell-again laughable.
Lets go with it if we are in the playoff places come March/April-then it won’t be as embarrassing.
Nah mate I've heard lots of clubs' fans sing that in August/September. It's just a chant - it's not meant to be taken too literally. Or, if you do want to take it literally, it is usually sung when a goal goes in and thus a good result is in sight meaning we'd gain some points and thus go upwards in the league table.......nothing embarrassing about it. Don't be such a scrooge mate, that's not like you!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

We play a dangerous second half tactic and it’s cost us twice against Walsall never mind other games. .

This is what concerns me about Make Robins, he keeps making the same mistakes.

Adge

Nah mate I've heard lots of clubs' fans sing that in August/September. It's just a chant - it's not meant to be taken too literally. Or, if you do want to take it literally, it is usually sung when a goal goes in and thus a good result is in sight meaning we'd gain some points and thus go upwards in the league table.......nothing embarrassing about it. Don't be such a scrooge mate, that's not like you!

What do you mean Scrooge! I’ll have you know that I am one of the most generous people that has walked this earth. Its because of that that I always get taken advantage of. :emoji_confused:

oucho

What do you mean Scrooge! I’ll have you know that I am one of the most generous people that has walked this earth. Its because of that that I always get taken advantage of. :emoji_confused:
Well as I say you normally sound like a pretty positive bloke!

Johnnythespider

Anyone see incident during our goal celebrations? Clearly looks like a Walsall fan spits in the direction of our players?

Vile vile man!
Yep, i mentioned it in the abuse of players thread. Horrible twat. That's him not you SW

HerneBayGaz

Yep, i mentioned it in the abuse of players thread. Horrible twat. That's him not you SW

I saw that pig running down to spit. That was premeditated no excuses.

Also a steward came on to the pitch and clearly said something to Burge trying to wind him up. One of their fans run on and confronted him.

And they think our fans are confrontational.

I notice not much was said when they scored from the penalty and ran on the pitch

Double standards

GaryJones

I was in a pub on Sunday and a guy was moaning about the Walsall game and Cov City in general - I listened from afar quietly agreeing with most of his rant then he said the following "Typical City winning in injury time then conceding 2 to lose - Typical City" - with that I was on my way to the bar and asked him to tell me the last time City ever did that - I couldn't think of a game we lost from a winning position after 90 mins then end up losing in injury time.
Anyone out there remember a similar capitulation?
One things for certain however disappointing it was - its definitely not typical!
Just fucking annoying!

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I was in a pub on Sunday and a guy was moaning about the Walsall game and Cov City in general - I listened from afar quietly agreeing with most of his rant then he said the following "Typical City winning in injury time then conceding 2 to lose - Typical City" - with that I was on my way to the bar and asked him to tell me the last time City ever did that - I couldn't think of a game we lost from a winning position after 90 mins then end up losing in injury time.
Anyone out there remember a similar capitulation?
One things for certain however disappointing it was - its definitely not typical!
Just fucking annoying!

Crystal Palace away, in the Championship relegation season. Conceded 2 in injury time and lost 2-1. Never felt so empty at full time, horrible feeling. 7 years ago...

Palace late show sinks Sky Blues

GaryJones

I thought about that game too - however the equaliser was in normal time not injury time so I discounted that game.
Same feeling though but not quite the 2 goals in injury time as the Walsall game.

Nick

Administrator
There was just no game management at all. Get it out towards the corner and just keep fouling them to slow it down. Stand over the ball, cause an argument.

They did it all through the first half to kill our momentum.

It shows how much they were going for it that their left back was in that position to head out in. We are lucky if our strikers are that advanced at 1-0 down in the last minute.

Users who are viewing this thread