Match Thread Walsall vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 10th Nov (2 Viewers)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

It wasn't just that, he was pretty poor before. I know he is a kid but he's out of position too.

He's been a weak link

He's a centre half, he doesn't want to go forward

He didn’t have a good game, if you hooked every player after 30mins who wasn’t having a good game we’d be out of subs 9 games out of 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
He didn’t have a good game, if you hooked every player after 30mins who wasn’t having a good game we’d be out of subs 9 games out of 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldn't have played him in the first place.

He put players on who were even worse. Wrong changes.

Magwitch

Hope they catch the culprits and ban them.

So, so dangerous.
Just don’t understand the mentality of some of these idiots who do these things. Throwing misiles, running on the pitch all on camera nowadays, old bill can study the footage and nick the lot giving them bans, might take something like that to make theses idiots think a bit.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Many apologies hill83.

*needs gif of Mr Burns reading letter from Homer Simpson - 'in case you can't tell I'm being sarcastic"

Gazolba

Pretty much all of our promotion rivals won emphatically, so they will now be bogged down in the FA Cup while we fresh and rested catapult above them.
Yes, I'm daydreaming.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Anyway, about the game.

Disappointing to lose and like a number on here felt the subs weren't right and killed momentum. But I'll take a league win instead.

hill83

Pretty much all of our promotion rivals won emphatically, so they will now be bogged down in the FA Cup while we fresh and rested catapult above them.
Yes, I'm daydreaming.

True though. I couldn’t give a fuck about the cup. Day out, ticket sales etc, yeah great. All about the league. Only popped on here 15 minutes ago.

Sky Blue Pete

And as for their players goading our fans at the end wankers. Leahy deserved to be scared. I’m all for keeping the ball but it’s a bit much throwing the ball away from our player including one of the ball boys what a knob

Nick

Administrator
And as for their players goading our fans at the end wankers. Leahy deserved to be scared. I’m all for keeping the ball but it’s a bit much throwing the ball away from our player including one of the ball boys what a knob
We should learn from that. Our players let them do it as well.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I’d rather we play shite in cup competitions than the league

No one stood out for me. If that’s what I’m missing out on by not going to away games, I’m glad I’m not bothering :)

How Grimmer can’t get a game is beyond me. I though the league game was too much for Thompson but today he was terrible. Out of position, to blame for the second goal, possibly even the first

We got lucky with our second goal, although clearly it didn’t matter whether it went in or not with that result.

Most embarrassing performance was from the fans though the way they celebrated the equaliser

Sky Blue Pete

Did cwr watch a different game? Dinosaurs. Thompson was ok after his mistake? Jeez.
Think you did. Thompson was ok. Gifted them a goal but not embarrassed. You are awfully harsh on younger players. It wasn’t the changes that stopped the momentum as much as Walsall upping their game after we got to 2-2. Jones a long way from making an impact in the first team

Nick

Administrator
I’d rather we play shite in cup competitions than the league

No one stood out for me. If that’s what I’m missing out on by not going to away games, I’m glad I’m not bothering :)

How Grimmer can’t get a game is beyond me. I though the league game was too much for Thompson but today he was terrible. Out of position, to blame for the second goal, possibly even the first

We got lucky with our second goal, although clearly it didn’t matter whether it went in or not with that result.

Most embarrassing performance was from the fans though the way they celebrated the equaliser
Thompson was lucky they hit the bar when he went wondering as well.

Nick

Administrator
Think you did. Thompson was ok. Gifted them a goal but not embarrassed. You are awfully harsh on younger players. It wasn’t the changes that stopped the momentum as much as Walsall upping their game after we got to 2-2. Jones a long way from making an impact in the first team

I say how it is every game whether good or bad. Thompson was shocking sadly.

The changes were completely wrong, they did up their game as they wanted to win and it showed. We didn't want it enough and took off our biggest threat and left Shipley on.

Jones for Thomas killed any threat we had, we then resorted to long balls to jch who had nobody close to him.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's the truth sadly, a goal was coming for them for a while.

His changes saw Thomas come off, they were scared of him

Neither Jones or bayliss have been in the game

It was an end to end game, frankly, we looked more likely to score throughout the 90 than they did. They did finish the final 20 minutes well in fairness. Hiwula was threatening so taking off either him or Thomas could be seen as harsh.

Agreed on your last point. Jones nor Bayliss had the desired impact.

Nick

Administrator
It was an end to end game, frankly, we looked more likely to score throughout the 90 than they did. They did finish the final 20 minutes well in fairness. Hiwula was threatening so taking off either him or Thomas could be seen as harsh.

Agreed on your last point. Jones nor Bayliss had the desired impact.
They hit the bar, went just wide and then the goal mouth scramble. A goal was coming for them.

We didn't really trouble, mainly because jch and Shipley didn't shoot when clean through.

Johnnythespider

Confession time, i haven't given todays game much attention, maybe it's my age but i can't really get excited about the f.a cup until round 3. Disappointing to go out but the league has priority, back to the league next week, 3 points and today will be forgotten.

Users who are viewing this thread