Match Thread Walsall vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 10th Nov (2 Viewers)

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Have to play strongest side, want to progress in the FA cup. Doyle should start 100%. Assuming Sterling and Bayliss are still out:

Burge

Grimmer/Thompson
Willis
Davies
Brown

Thomas (if eligible)
Doyle
Kelly
Hiwula

Chaplin
JCH

LOB, Grimmer/Thompson, Hyam, Ogogo, Shipley, Jones, Bakayoko

Cranfield Sky Blue

Confused now! Had a thought that we wouldn’t be as high up the league as we are. So play a weakened team? Then I thought about Stoke, MK, and Brighton last year and I want more of that! So my brilliant decision is that I will let MR decide for me....

Either way, I think we are better than Walsall!

Sky Blue Pete

Can’t see why mr wouldn’t play a team to win

O’Brien
Grimmer
Hyam
Thompson
Mason
Thomas
Kelly
Ogogo
Hiwula
Baka
Chaplin

I think will be the team

Gibbo

Rest key players where possible
L O'B
Thompson Hyam Davies Brown
Thomas (if allowed) Doyle Kelly Shipley
Chaplin Bakayoko

IF one of the under 23's looks up to it, put them in instead of Kelly
As JCH is our only genuine target man, he should definitely be rested

BrizzolSkyBlue

Rest key players where possible
L O'B
Thompson Hyam Davies Brown
Thomas (if allowed) Doyle Kelly Shipley
Chaplin Bakayoko

IF one of the under 23's looks up to it, put them in instead of Kelly
As JCH is our only genuine target man, he should definitely be rested
Should play our strongest team to win this one, but give the U23s a go at Cheltenham.

ccfchoi87

Positives of a weakened team:

- rest players
- avoid injuries
- several players getting the minutes they desperately need

Positives of a strong team:

- keep the good form going
- please the 3,000 travelling fans
- no chance of any 'rust' against burton
- possibility of a financial bonus down the line should we win

I think it'll be a half strength team on Saturday with a further weakened team on Tuesday.

Some tough choices on personel. Grimmer desperately needs minutes but I would like to give Thompson more game time.

Jones needs the minutes but doesn't seem ready and it looks like he's the only right winger available.

Mason and Brown both need minutes in my opinion.

Will Hiwula get a go up front or will Andreu get the nod?

Nice to have so many players in contention for a change though.

coop

Don't rest any players apart from Harris keep momentum going it helped us last year use that shit cup for rotation. Either way a good day out.

Paxman II

The Checkertrade will be the time to experiment. The FA Cup requires a strong side as we need ideally to be in the hat next round.
So same side minus Ogogo replaced by Kelly, with Mason on the bench and Jones on the bench along with Shipley.
If Bayliss is fit someone has to drop out...

Should be too good for Walsall but the FA Cup 'one off's' do produce totally different results to those expected sometimes.
I want 7 undefeated in all competitions!

NortonSkyBlue

The Checkertrade will be the time to experiment. The FA Cup requires a strong side as we need ideally to be in the hat next round.
So same side minus Ogogo replaced by Kelly, with Mason on the bench and Jones on the bench along with Shipley.
If Bayliss is fit someone has to drop out...

Should be too good for Walsall but the FA Cup 'one off's' do produce totally different results to those expected sometimes.
I want 7 undefeated in all competitions!
Why would it be a shock if Walsall beat us?
They are a few places below us and are at home?

chiefdave

I'd generally go for a strong team but it must be tempting to rest Doyle. Would also consider giving those coming back from injury such as Jones a start. Will give more of an indication how far off they are than playing in the U23s.

Magwitch

Play our best team possible. I know Sterling is injured but are Chaplin and Thomas allowed to play ?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

He definitely should put Bakayoko in ahead of clarke Harris as this will test the guys appetite and desire

Bakayoko will be getting a hammering from the Walsall fans if that and having 3,000 City fans (initially) on his side to get one over them, if he can’t get up for this game and try to make a point he’s in the wrong job!

no_loyalty

He definitely should put Bakayoko in ahead of clarke Harris as this will test the guys appetite and desire

You would like to think he wants to silence the Walsall boo boys, and is well up for it.

Nick

Administrator
Bakayoko will be getting a hammering from the Walsall fans if that and having 3,000 City fans (initially) on his side to get one over them, if he can’t get up for this game and try to make a point he’s in the wrong job!
They might be joining the Walsall fans in hammering him

Users who are viewing this thread