Wake up supporters - you are being conned! (2 Viewers)

procdoc

There was only one Einstein, there were a mass of 'masses'. I'm happy standing alone in my beliefs, I don't need a band of merry men behind me.

Northampton has been approved by the FL only as a temporary measure. TF/SISU will be more than aware that to make CCFC a viable business model/an attractive sale prospect that it cant live in a different locality. On the basis of that, your argument falls flat. There is NO logic for SISU in not progressing things.

Make no mistake, SISU want the Ricoh. If ACL/CCC allow this farce to continue, i'm sure they may even procure some land (under a different company name); they may even apply for planning permission, content in the knowledge that things will be slow to progress because CCC will blow holes in their proposals.

This all gives the parties time to wait each other out.

So where are these new stadium plans then?

whiteheadj

Yes they may have invested in the form of equity in the club but like all investors they know they may not get there money back and by the way.....they made a bad investment but instead of excepting that there like a bunch of kids and bringing everyone including the fans down with them..........Now you tell me how that is fair, football is not about a bunch of business men or bankers its real working class people (the fans). Why should a bunch off people (sisu) who are living in there tax free haven brig the ordinary people of this country down because they made a bad investment and are now just stubborn to accept that fact and walk away. I will just say now unless we all stick together they may end this club, but if we all stick together and not allow this to happen we can save our club....STOP BEING SO NAIVE YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Many businessmen (some even well-liked) have breached contract, it's a common thing. Allan Sugar screwed was sued for breach of contract with one of his apprentice candidates as I recall, National Rail contracts.....These things happen every day, it's not a capital punishment offence to breach a contract, and it's common practice in business for this to happen more often than it should. It should not rob SISU of all of their credibility.

I agree with everything else that you've said;

SISU are looking to unite stadium and club, and they are planning their exit strategy (feathering of nest). They are doing these things selfishly and for their benefit only.

Where I disagree with you, is that this will benefit the club. If they want to make money, they have to overcome obstacles and put the club back on a stable footing. Either as a sale package or as a profitable business venture.

Ultimately - SISU succeeding in their exit strategy = CCFC succeeding as a business unit.

I'm afraid we disagree on a few areas again. Firstly, breach of contract. Well, yes; it does. However, there are large and small contracts; and this one is of a magnitude that makes it's breach critical. Indeed, it was of a magnitude that - when proven unlawful - imperiled the very existence of the club. That's rash. And immoral. I can have no truck with that. It's not like putting some cheaper coffee in the vending machines at work, it's a fundamental breach.

On the second point, I find myself in profound divergence. Next year, at Northampton, SISU will benefit from last year's turnover with regards FFP - this being from the Arena they perversely didn't pay for the use of, or care for much. However, thereafter, they'll be reliant on that which they generate themselves at Northampton. Small crowds, negligible call on sponsorship or F&P's - which are deemed so critical - will place our team's expenditure in the very lowest in the division.

What if we go down? That's a statistical probability. What about - over this three to five year term - we go down twice? That would place us with a disenfranchised fans base and a Conference team. How can that benefit the club? The climb-back from that would be a 10-year haul.

Even if SISU 'succeed' in breaking ACL before this term and can move back to the Arena; the unity of football team and the totality of the incomes of the Ricoh - many of which haven't been created by SISU, of course - would be the packaging of the fabled SISU exit plan. But the value of that deal would be to enrich SISU, not the club. Any investors cash would be spent paying off Fisher and his investors; not in the club.

If you agree that ACL are being distressed into submission for the ultimate cheerio for SISU; but you can equally see that if ACL survive in the medium term and leave CCFC castigated at Northampton - can you really say the gamble is worth it?

For SISU? For CCFC?

Only for one of the above. And it's not the latter, my friend

I'm afraid we disagree on a few areas again. Firstly, breach of contract. Well, yes; it does. However, there are large and small contracts; and this one is of a magnitude that makes it's breach critical. Indeed, it was of a magnitude that - when proven unlawful - imperiled the very existence of the club. That's rash. And immoral. I can have no truck with that. It's not like putting some cheaper coffee in the vending machines at work, it's a fundamental breach.

On the second point, I find myself in profound divergence. Next year, at Northampton, SISU will benefit from last year's turnover with regards FFP - this being from the Arena they perversely didn't pay for the use of, or care for much. However, thereafter, they'll be reliant on that which they generate themselves at Northampton. Small crowds, negligible call on sponsorship or F&P's - which are deemed so critical - will place our team's expenditure in the very lowest in the division.

What if we go down? That's a statistical probability. What about - over this three to five year term - we go down twice? That would place us with a disenfranchised fans base and a Conference team. How can that benefit the club? The climb-back from that would be a 10-year haul.

Even if SISU 'succeed' in breaking ACL before this term and can move back to the Arena; the unity of football team and the totality of the incomes of the Ricoh - many of which haven't been created by SISU, of course - would be the packaging of the fabled SISU exit plan. But the value of that deal would be to enrich SISU, not the club. Any investors cash would be spent paying off Fisher and his investors; not in the club.

If you agree that ACL are being distressed into submission for the ultimate cheerio for SISU; but you can equally see that if ACL survive in the medium term and leave CCFC castigated at Northampton - can you really say the gamble is worth it?

For SISU? For CCFC?

Only for one of the above. And it's not the latter, my friend

WOW - The first argument 'against' that is compelling (to me that is, of course).

I can't argue with what you've written, other than to say I think you are being a bit dramatic with the first paragraph.

That aside, you raise many valid points.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

WOW - The first argument 'against' that is compelling (to me that is, of course).

I can't argue with what you've written, other than to say I think you are being a bit dramatic with the first paragraph.

That aside, you raise many valid points.

I thank you. But also have to advise I don't think I'm the first to wear the hyperbole hat on this thread... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread