Wake up supporters! (The sequel) (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

Oh yes, in the council corridors there are many to blame. The judicial review will be coming.

So let me get this straight, your in favour of public money being used to build a stadium and then given away, but its illegal for public money to be used in securing a public asset?

Ashdown1

Today's news is both shocking and disappointing.

ACL have today shown their true colours; After reading that one of the conditions of CVA was that SISU retract their high-court action against the council, one cannot escape the impression that ACL really speaking are being controlled by the council who have their own agenda. From a business perspective, ACL have committed suicide today, and the only explanation is that another entity is pulling the strings.

The truths in the matter show how blinded some of us have been become as a result of our impatience with SISU over the last few years and our susceptibility to the propaganda vomited into the public domain by the council/CET etc. If this were any organisation other than SISU (or a SISU owned enterprise), people would very clearly see the wood for the trees.

ACL have claimed to want to put an end to this matter.

They claim to want to resolve all issues and return CCFC to Coventry.

They claim to have put a wonderful offer on the table.

Yet;

They are being bullish and threatening another football club with legal action for their involvement in helping us complete our fixtures.

They make CVA (which is in the best interests of the club) conditional on us accepting their offer and revoking high-court action.

They have refused CVA which is going to hugely affect us with our new campaign which at the very least has cost us points and crucial time to manoeuvre in the transfer market

They are clearly trying to cause damage to the club, and you must consider if they are doing it off their own back, or on the instruction of a third party (CCC). Goodwill has to exist in business, and a no-strings CVA agreement would have been a positive step in putting all this manure behind us, and they would have recovered a considerable sum of the money owed. To insist that CCFC must retract high-court action is clearly not an ACL issue. Plus, what on earth do the council have to hide. They have a responsibility to the taxpayer to behave lawfully, and we all have a right to transparency when it comes to how the council spend your contributions, especially when the sum is so significant and the cause such a controversial one.

ACL are clearly encumbered by the decisions and weight of a third party, and as a result, we now start this upcoming campaign with a HUGE handicap.

Perhaps it's time to be resilient, get backsides on seats at Sixfields, and support the team. We should even champion the high-court action. We quite literally have nothing to lose now. Except the hunger and desire of our players.

How about delivering a big FU to ACL/CCC by refusing to be brainwashed any further!?

Fuck and Off !!!

James Smith

He means the football club as recognised by the only body that matters - the football league.

Okay you're saying that he means the blame lies with the football club, that's understandable.

SISU operative? You sir, are on drugs. I'll say for the last time, I am in no way linked with SISU. Infact, i'm not a SISU sympathiser, i'm just someone very aggrieved by the retarded finger pointing at SISU (EXCLUSIVELY ON THIS MATTER) when the blame for all this shit clearly lies elsewhere.
My bolding

ajsccfc

Come on aj... did you really expect anyone to read the original post all the way through. Laughed at the second poster who said 'exactly' as if he / she had(yeah, right) - just wanted to join in agreement with the anti-ACL sentiment.

Having just listened to TF, I know where my anger is mainly (if not fully) aimed.

It would have been nice to see people read before jumping the gun and screaming the same lazy abuse, but I realise that's the nature of this particular beast.

Nonleagueherewecome

He means the football club as recognised by the only body that matters - the football league.

Oh so you love the FL now do you?

RegTheDonk

Northampton was and is only a temporary measure. Ricoh negotiations will resume soon. If we show resilience as fans, and show we will support the club and their decisions by going there, then it gives them a much stronger position when it comes to fruitful negotiation.

Just-here-4-coffee??

You need to wake up and smell it mate.

corky

As I say on FB, the club is in liquidation, no ground, no fanbase, no money and half a squad starting the season 10 pts down, where in there is the incentive for anyone to go and support the team.

skybluehugh

Yep. As the great Eric Cantona once said: ""When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much."

(I didn't know what the f**k he was on about either!)

Thanks, your last line made me smile for the first time since this AM

As I say on FB, the club is in liquidation, no ground, no fanbase, no money and half a squad starting the season 10 pts down, where in there is the incentive for anyone to go and support the team.

That's a very negative view. If you don't support the team, what's the point?

skybluehugh

I don't need my band of merry men and their ignorance and vulgarity to support my stupidity, thanks.

You finally own up to suffering from stupidity, admitting you have a problem is the start of getting well, well done.

SISU operative? You sir, are on drugs. I'll say for the last time, I am in no way linked with SISU. Infact, i'm not a SISU sympathiser, i'm just someone very aggrieved by the retarded finger pointing at SISU (EXCLUSIVELY ON THIS MATTER) when the blame for all this shit clearly lies elsewhere.

Me thinks he doth protest too much for there to be no truth in it.

rondog1973

Wow, going for a strength in numbers argument there are we chap? There are far more idiots in the world than smart people. I'm happy being the minority. I don't need my band of merry men and their ignorance and vulgarity to support my stupidity, thanks.

By jingo, you're right! The blame clearly lies elsewhere. With Otium entertainment group!

Sorry for the late response to your post by the way, was having me tea. It's 8.00pm in Cov, not 3 in the morning.....

Sky Blue Harry H

We all support the team. However, some have pressed their 'support' button to pause for a while. Some may say 'part-time supporters', but the trouble is, if you invest your feelings too deeply when you know you are going to get hurt, its too painful a process for some. They're still sky blue, but need a bit of hope, or something to rally behind. It'll come, just ain't here yet!

blueflint

ACL have today shown their true colours; After reading that one of the conditions of CVA was that SISU retract their high-court action against the council, one cannot escape the impression that ACL really speaking are being controlled by the council who have their own agenda. From a business perspective, ACL have committed suicide today, and the only explanation is that another entity is pulling the strings.

The truths in the matter show how blinded some of us have been become as a result of our impatience with SISU over the last few years and our susceptibility to the propaganda vomited into the public domain by the council/CET etc. If this were any organisation other than SISU (or a SISU owned enterprise), people would very clearly see the wood for the trees.

Yet;

They are being bullish and threatening another football club with legal action for their involvement in helping us complete our fixtures.

They make CVA (which is in the best interests of the club) conditional on us accepting their offer and revoking high-court action.

They have refused CVA which is going to hugely affect us with our new campaign which at the very least has cost us points and crucial time to manoeuvre in the transfer market

They are clearly trying to cause damage to the club, and you must consider if they are doing it off their own back, or on the instruction of a third party (CCC). Goodwill has to exist in business, and a no-strings CVA agreement would have been a positive step in putting all this manure behind us, and they would have recovered a considerable sum of the money owed. To insist that CCFC must retract high-court action is clearly not an ACL issue. Plus, what on earth do the council have to hide. They have a responsibility to the taxpayer to behave lawfully, and we all have a right to transparency when it comes to how the council spend your contributions, especially when the sum is so significant and the cause such a controversial one.

ACL are clearly encumbered by the decisions and weight of a third party, and as a result, we now start this upcoming campaign with a HUGE handicap.

Perhaps it's time to be resilient, get backsides on seats at Sixfields, and support the team. We should even champion the high-court action. We quite literally have nothing to lose now. Except the hunger and desire of our players.

How about delivering a big FU to ACL/CCC by refusing to be brainwashed any further!?

f u your obviously a wum or worse thick as two planks

corky

Its not a negative view its the reality, you support the the team with conviction you want to do well you want to be promoted to the championship next season, buy the best players available, win the FA cup (any cup will do) you want to celebrate in your own ground with your mates & afterwards to the local pub. These are the dreams of every supporter of every club in the world, except Coventry City. That is the reality.

covmark

Some of you lot are pathetic, no counter arguements just the usual "you don't subscribe to our view so you must be Tim Fisher" bollocks or just mindless abuse. Like aj said its just a lazy response. He/she makes some decent points.
ACL claimed they put Coventry in admin to avoid liquidation then we get liquidated anyway because they refuse to sign the CVA. The council are clearly worried about the judicial review imo

rondog1973

Sounds like something you read in a 'How to become a football fan' textbook! "You want to celebrate in your OWN GROUND with your mates & afterwards to the local pub" The stench of patronization is unbearable!

Which local Pub by the way?

James Smith

hey at least they are offering to sell the ricoh back to the club

oh wait..
The Higgs still were willing to sell though, and SISU through limited had first dibs but SISU never took up the offer and just walked away.

covmark

We should be seeing you on live at the Apollo shortly I presume with your razor sharp wit and hilarity.
Hey at least you proved my point though :)

James Smith

Why would that be? Would they have had to pay?

Yes the charity stepped in and bought the club share when we were under the cosh under the previous mob running the club. There was an agreed formula for the sale of the share back to the club which SISU obviously didn't like the look of.

Grendel

Yes the charity stepped in and bought the club share when we were under the cosh under the previous mob running the club. There was an agreed formula for the sale of the share back to the club which SISU obviously didn't like the look of.

Ok answer this. Based I'm the statements today from fisher, ACL and the administrator in your view did ACL offer the £150,000 rent deal to sisu/otium or to the administrator only if otium were not involved?

Last edited:

James Smith

Ok answer this. Based I'm the statements today from fisher, ACL and the administrator in your view did ACL offer the £150,000 rent deal to sisu/otium or to the administrator only if otium were not involved?

I'll have to answer this later as I'm about to get kicked out of the shopping centre I'm in as it's closing. Also will help to have had a chance to re-read all the statements again.

J

Jack Griffin

Coventry have been offered a new 10-year rental agreement by the owners of the city's Ricoh Arena.

Arena Coventry Limited say they will sign a Company Voluntary Arrangement and help City avoid a new 15-point penalty if the club's owners abandon a move to Northampton's Sixfields home and return to the Ricoh.

Under the terms of the proposed new deal Coventry would pay £150,000 annual rent while they remain in League One, rising to £400,000 if they win promotion to the Championship.

Yes, http://www1.skysports.com/football/...t-minute-rental-deal-to-remain-at-ricoh-arena

James Smith

Well I've read the Coventry Telegraph (ACL & Appleton)
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-ltd-moves-towards-5431504

and the club website (Young Timothy) http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/statement-on-sanctions-964434.aspx (which for some reason just crashed the browser every time so we had to resort to another computer to look it up)

And there is no mention of Otium in what ACL, Young Timothy said or Mr Appleton, the only mention of it is from the Trust so I've absolutely no idea

However as Otium is the parent of CCFC Ltd and Holdings surely there is no way a deal could have been done where Otium wouldn't have been involved in some way.

Steve.B50

Yet;

Sorry not agree.
ACL/CCC are not innocent but others are much much more guilty.

sky blue john

ffs Grendel maybe they offered the deal to Arvo. Does it matter they are all part of the same scumbag company !!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread