Waghorn Rumour (1 Viewer)

Greggs

I really hope not! Not going to get any better and wasn't good enough for a dire Derby team. Stinks of a panic signing. I fear the worst if we're signing old players running out of time in the championship. Cant imagine many other teams in our division are interested. Sort of player Sunderland sign for 15k a week.

SkyBlueDom26

Shame about Godden, with the way he was playing at the start of last season i reckon he'd have got 12-15 goals. I'd keep him and Walker,

Grendel

After letting max and baka go, why would we let either Godden or Walker go? Doesn't make sense.

His wages would be high and he’d be the main starter so you’d end up with Walker and Godden fighting out for the other slot if we even play two up front can’t see that working

SkyBlueDom26

His wages would be high and he’d be the main starter so you’d end up with Walker and Godden fighting out for the other slot if we even play two up front can’t see that working

Good point, can't see either of them wanting to be 3rd choice.

shmmeee

We either need a lot more quality at the back to play out from a solid base or we need a better version of Max/Baka to get on the end of the inevitable long balls and bring Walker into the game.

cc84cov

I really hope not! Not going to get any better and wasn't good enough for a dire Derby team. Stinks of a panic signing. I fear the worst if we're signing old players running out of time in the championship. Cant imagine many other teams in our division are interested. Sort of player Sunderland sign for 15k a week.
He actually is the type Sunderland would go and pay for 🤣

cc84cov

My money is on us picking up a fee for Godden at 29 and with his usual injuries he has during a season etc it’s a possibility I’m sure a few of us mentioned picking up a fee for him few Months ago

slowpoke

Wasn’t sure when it was rumoured earlier but looking at it reckon if true he could be a good acquisition Experienced knows the division, will give us options off the bench too.

mrtickle

As long as he’s not o. Massive wages he’s got to be an improvement on Baka and Maxi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkyBlueDom26

Waghorn and Sheaf sat on the bench earning 25 grand between them. Worrying. I suppose we'll be a decent league 1 team in the 22/23 season

giphy.gif

cc84cov

As long as he’s not o. Massive wages he’s got to be an improvement on Baka and Maxi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He will be the highest earner and won’t be sat on the bench,he will be ahead of walker & godden

Skyblueweeman

It obviously has an indication, though! Not like Messi and Neil Wood were interchangeable, and if only Wood had got his opportunity at Barcelona...

Yeah I get that, hence the 'not necessarily' bit. We've 100% had players come here with crap reputations and do well for us over the years. And I know that some don't do well (Eastwood for example), but the sensible thing should be to at least let them play in the shirt for a few games to give them a chance.

samccov1987

Wouldn’t mind signing Waghorn personally always thought he’s looked useful when he’s played against us.

Im hoping Walker kicks on next season so assuming he’s our main man then Waghorn or Godden if we play two up.

Like everyone I’d love a star striker signed but whose available and how much do they cost?

Add a decent premiership loan and id say we have upgraded on last seasons strikers. Wouldn’t even be too upset to see Gyo back.

NorthernWisdom

Yeah I get that, hence the 'not necessarily' bit. We've 100% had players come here with crap reputations and do well for us over the years. And I know that some don't do well (Eastwood for example), but the sensible thing should be to at least let them play in the shirt for a few games to give them a chance.
It's hard though, when their record is asunderwhelming as Baka's, say, to get enthused.

Waghorn is at least unrelentingly average at this level, which is what we're aspiring to(!)

Johnnythespider

I don't know enough about him to judge if this is good or bad news, so I'll give him till half time in his first game to decide

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread