Waghorn Rumour (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Well no because not every player is let go.

I just don’t rate him. Not a foil, not a goal scorer. Just don’t see the point.
When he plays a full season he averages double figures in this league and assists too?

Stats aren't that bad really

ZA9tXUk.png

shmmeee

When he plays a full season he averages double figures in this league and assists too?

So would the two strikers we’ve got and they’re both younger and cheaper and known quantities.

He’s averaged 1 in 4 goals and 1 in 10 assists at Derby across his career.

What would you do? Play him with Walker?

cc84cov

So would the two strikers we’ve got and they’re both younger and cheaper and known quantities.

Unless either Godden or walker are leaving ?

Mucca Mad Boys

No thanks. Wrong age, wrong sort of striker, would want too much, too poor to be kept by a team that finished below us.

I don’t think he’d be an automatic starter. Tyler Walker, Godden and Waghorn would certainly be an improvement to what we had last season.

Last season was a disappointment for him, but his record in the Championship is generally quite good.

We definitely need some more Championship experience in the right areas. Therefore, it’s not a bad signing at all.

Nick

Administrator

Neither of them are known in the Championship though?

I'd happily have him and Walker up front. Much better than Biamou on his own.

PVA

Wouldn't be very pleased with this one.

Presumably on high wages and looks a bit past it now.

Happy to be proven wrong though.

Skyblueweeman

I love it when half of the forum writes off a player without seeing him play for us. Have we not learnt that previous clubs and how they played there, doesn't necessarily have a bearing on how they'll do here?

By and large, MR and his team have done well in the recruitment stakes.

And people mentioning his age at 31 like he's some sort of geriatric. You can get 2-3 good years out of a striker at that age. Especially if he's up top with Walker (a few years away from his peak) or Godden (bar injury, should be at his peak now).

Some of the comments on here are laughable! Waghorn would be great signing for us, given our restrictions etc.

SleepyGinger

"finishers who need chances created for them"

is there any other type of finisher?
My point is they are all similar players, not going to give us a lot in a game where we are defending for 90 minutes and need to go long or need someone to carry the ball up the pitch.

CDK

He's better than what's been moved on,hard working player and would be a good addition.

edgy

This would make more sense to me if we were cashing in on Godden.

People saying he's better than Biamou/Baka..... yes but they are not the same type of player. Waghorn isn't the man to be receiving and protecting balls chest/head height from our back 3 - like we saw last season after we worked out we couldn't play out from the back as much as we wanted to.

blunted

I suppose if you are going for a striker it is going to be really difficult to get anyone who is even as good as Godden and Walker without spending big money. As a guess the Waghorn rumour may have legs. No fee, probably biggish wages along with a young loan striker from the Prem for the other spot. 31 used be game over years ago but these days he could have 4 or more years left depending on fitness.

PVA

I love it when half of the forum writes off a player without seeing him play for us. Have we not learnt that previous clubs and how they played there, doesn't necessarily have a bearing on how they'll do here?

By and large, MR and his team have done well in the recruitment stakes.

And people mentioning his age at 31 like he's some sort of geriatric. You can get 2-3 good years out of a striker at that age. Especially if he's up top with Walker (a few years away from his peak) or Godden (bar injury, should be at his peak now).

Some of the comments on here are laughable! Waghorn would be great signing for us, given our restrictions etc.

Whilst I get your overall point you can't say that people shouldn't write him off without seeing him play for us, then say he'll be a great signing without seeing him play for us.

eastwoodsdustman

For me It will depend on wages we're offering. I've always thought he looked a decent player whenever he's been against us or on telly. If he's on a reasonable wage rather than some sky high amount then i'm ok with it.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Even is he is on a wedge who cares. They know the budget and will use it accordingly.
If he scores 20* next season but is on 20K you aren't allowed to celebrate any of his goals.

*definitely happening

This is my view. Really unsure why people are getting so worked up over wages. If his contact demands fit within the budget then great. If they don't, he more than likely won't sign.

Grendel

If he signs I doubt we will keep both Godden and Walker

Users who are viewing this thread