Waghorn Rumour (1 Viewer)

Hobo

How many games did Godden play fully fit and to repeat myself we don’t play with a target man do you agree or not ?

He played 23 games - fully fit I don't know? But you could ask that question about a lot of players (Max Biamou for instance).

Waghorne scored 5 in about 32. The bottom line is it is 6 goals v 5 across the season, so a negligable difference when it comes to goal contribution.

Hobo

To be fair, the model thing is relevant. Throughout Robins tenure we've always coupled developmental signings with experienced players. There is a model they look to work towards (as with most clubs) but that model very much includes these types of players too.

It is like the assumption Shipley and Allen will be bombed out? No they were squad contributers. Cheap fillers who you could spend a lot more on replacements for the same ability.

The ones who we will try and off load are Kastener, Jobello and probably Hillsner.

It is about mixing and matching. Like Marosi being shifted out and Wilson staying? Marosi probably shaded it on ability but I suspect we have freed up a wage 3x on the person staying?

cc84cov

He played 23 games - fully fit I don't know? But you could ask that question about a lot of players (Max Biamou for instance).

Waghorne scored 5 in about 32. The bottom line is it is 6 goals v 5 across the season, so a negligable difference when it comes to goal contribution.
Negligible or waste of time effort and money 😁🤣

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Unsure how I feel about this signing. Tons of experience which can only be a good thing but also not the “name” I would have gone for. If it turns out to be true, I’m excited to see how he fits in and what he can do. On a separate note, I really thought the max hysteria would die down now he’s left but if anything the delusion has evolved even further, I’m now seeing people saying they’d rather have him than Waghorn??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blunted

It is like the assumption Shipley and Allen will be bombed out? No they were squad contributers. Cheap fillers who you could spend a lot more on replacements for the same ability.

The ones who we will try and off load are Kastener, Jobello and probably Hillsner.

It is about mixing and matching. Like Marosi being shifted out and Wilson staying? Marosi probably shaded it on ability but I suspect we have freed up a wage 3x on the person staying?
Hope Shippers is given another chance possibly playing on the right like near the seasons end, cutting in on his left foot. Allen I would love to come good but he looked well off the pace last season. A league 1 club will snap him up if available. Think we will struggle to move the other 3 on. Hilssner maybe we need one more look if his breathing problem is resolved.

better days

Hope Shippers is given another chance possibly playing on the right like near the seasons end, cutting in on his left foot. Allen I would love to come good but he looked well off the pace last season. A league 1 club will snap him up if available. Think we will struggle to move the other 3 on. Hilssner maybe we need one more look if his breathing problem is resolved.
Don't expect to see Shippers featuring as much as last season

Hobo

It will be a make or break season for him. The covid break really did hamper our start to the season fitness wise and overlooked by a lot of our fans. A proper pre season and it will be down to him as with Allen.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He might have 90 minutes in him with our new first team coach influence

I just don't think he's a natural 'elite' athlete and tires quickly. Possibly some of it linked to asthma and have no idea about how he approaches his fitness in general so I assume that's fine. Can't imagine MR would have much time for him at all if he didn't take it seriously, esp given his ability deficit at this level.

Legia Sky Blue

Disagree that Shipley doesn't have ability. He has as good a left foot as you'll find in the Championship, but unfortunately last season that wasn't enough to compensate for a lack of fitness, strength and confidence, which apart from a couple of instances led to him having a very disappointing season. Next season looks like a make or break one for him, where he really needs to address those weaknesses or he will be on his way out.

mr_monkey

Disagree that Shipley doesn't have ability. He has as good a left foot as you'll find in the Championship, but unfortunately last season that wasn't enough to compensate for a lack of fitness, strength and confidence, which apart from a couple of instances led to him having a very disappointing season. Next season looks like a make or break one for him, where he really needs to address those weaknesses or he will be on his way out.

Seriously, stop with the wum posts everyone, it's so fucking dull

Nick

Administrator
Are you being serious

better days

I just don't think he's a natural 'elite' athlete and tires quickly. Possibly some of it linked to asthma and have no idea about how he approaches his fitness in general so I assume that's fine. Can't imagine MR would have much time for him at all if he didn't take it seriously, esp given his ability deficit at this level.
Is he looking after himself properly?

baldy

Ridiculous

I remember last season when he scored & did,I think,an embarrassing cupping of ears thing to a non-existent crowd & the FB village idiots all drooled & were saying ‘See? He IS championship material’…pathetic

usskyblue

Definitely
And maybe likes tobacco

Yeahhhhh, so did Johan Cruyff m8 …. Huhh? 😉

johan-cruyyf-smoking-soccer.jpg

slowpoke

And George Hudson used to put his fag in the side of his mouth and stand outside the main stand signing loads of autographs

Users who are viewing this thread