Waggot : Bigi is pretty much a goner (1 Viewer)

Marty

It's not bad news if a sell on clause is included and the money is spent on bringing in new players. Otherwise we might as well just keep him.

skyblu3sk

STEVE Waggott admits that although Coventry City want to keep star youngster Gael Bigirimana his future at the Ricoh Arena is far from certain.
The 18-year-old has already been the subject of an inquiry from Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew who wants him to join the Magpies' development squad while Championship Burnley expressed an interest in the midfielder last season.

And City's development director admits he's a sough-after talent who they may not be able to keep hold of despite still having two years left on his contract.

“There have been a couple of clubs interested, one was quoted as `one for the future,“ said Waggott. “When Gael picked up his Apprentice of the Year award a lot of clubs started looking at him. “My view is that he's here at Coventry where he's played quite a few games already and could be one who figures quite prominently in League One next year, and Andy Thorn is obviously keen to keep him.

“He's a talented young lad who is obviously going to attract the eye of a lot of different clubs so we'll have to see how that develops over the summer to be honest.

“If a couple of Premier League clubs come in and Gael hears about it then players can have their heads turned quite quickly.“

The size of any offer will also have a bearing on any decision to sell, Waggott adding: “There is always the balance between the financial security of a football club and the aspirations of the supporters.

“we have had five or six out of contract players, five who have now moved on and one who we're in discussions with, so we've hit the refresh button anyway.

“we have to strike a balance between having a strong performing team within the budget we've got, so we've got to trade well in the summer and maintain the financial stability of the club.
we have to see how it all manifests over the next few weeks.“

Sub

how can it not be bad news?? no money will be re invested FFS and we are meant to be keeping the young players to build a team round absolute fucking joke if he and any other promising young players are sold, also does this meen thorn will leave after he said he was told he would have a bounce back budget and all the players being sold?? waiting for the line from fisher to you dont need the biggest squad or budget to get promotion:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

CovLis86

How many fucking final nails in the coffin does there need to be?

SOMEBODY PLEASE RESCUE US.

W

westcountry_skyblue

So We all know that means take the money and sisu pocket the cash,Why do they bother trying to give us the old re-invest bollocks,just tell us the truth!!!
STEVE Waggott admits that although Coventry City want to keep star youngster Gael Bigirimana his future at the Ricoh Arena is far from certain.
The 18-year-old has already been the subject of an inquiry from Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew who wants him to join the Magpies' development squad while Championship Burnley expressed an interest in the midfielder last season.

And City's development director admits he's a sough-after talent who they may not be able to keep hold of despite still having two years left on his contract.

“There have been a couple of clubs interested, one was quoted as `one for the future,“ said Waggott. “When Gael picked up his Apprentice of the Year award a lot of clubs started looking at him. “My view is that he's here at Coventry where he's played quite a few games already and could be one who figures quite prominently in League One next year, and Andy Thorn is obviously keen to keep him.

“He's a talented young lad who is obviously going to attract the eye of a lot of different clubs so we'll have to see how that develops over the summer to be honest.

“If a couple of Premier League clubs come in and Gael hears about it then players can have their heads turned quite quickly.“

The size of any offer will also have a bearing on any decision to sell, Waggott adding: “There is always the balance between the financial security of a football club and the aspirations of the supporters.

“we have had five or six out of contract players, five who have now moved on and one who we're in discussions with, so we've hit the refresh button anyway.

“we have to strike a balance between having a strong performing team within the budget we've got, so we've got to trade well in the summer and maintain the financial stability of the club.
we have to see how it all manifests over the next few weeks.“

mattylad

so glad i have still not renewed bcos this year is going to break a lot of supporters hearts and i just cant watch it

Gray

Forget the refresh button, need too hit control alt del and end sisu's task

Lord_Nampil

It's not bad news if a sell on clause is included and the money is spent on bringing in new players. Otherwise we might as well just keep him.

Agreed, I think IF Newcastle come in with a bid that we can't turn down and also allows us to confirm budget for next season and release the accounts early then its not a bad thing. For Gael its up to him really if he wants to go then what can the club do? I will be disappointed if he does leave but if we still have a club and it allows us to remove the transfer embargo and bring more players in then some times you have to accept it.

He has shown alot of promise but i feel we never really saw anything other than that, Conor and Cyrus offered alot more last season than he did BUT from where i was standing it seemed he was being held back, alot more in the locker which i am guessing Newcastle want to explore!

Monkeyface

Marty and Lord, have neither of you been watching for the last two years?

There will be NO reinvestment and NO sell on clause.

skyblueinBaku

Another example of the short term thinking used by the spivs that own us. Doubtless, when Sisu get their 30 pieces of silver for Bigi, Tim Fisher will assure us that it was a great piece of business. Who will be the next out of the door?

TheSnoz

Lord_Nampil. think you're right about Bigi being held back. To me he was playing very much to instructions and his natural attacking game was being stifled. Certainly lots more to come from him. Whether that's in Sky Blue none of us know. But it will send out all the wrong signs, to the rest of the depleted squad, the fans. One thing we do know is that Bigi has principles and while he won't be stupid regarding money (his barber shop being an example of course), it doesn't seem like it is his main motivation. He may just be that rare breed, a loyal footballer. We'll see.
End of June is the crunch time generally for CCFC. Then players can move at the end of their contracts.

sky blue john

Obviously the words balance of a strong performing team says it all to me. That sisu have no aspirations of putting a team together for a promotion bid in a weak division.

thorninmyside

sorry but i cant see the big deal! he is a average player at best, his story is great but his playing style was soon found out in the championship he soon became inefective. he is one for the furture but we need players NOW not in the future, we need a wage bill for players who can do the job to get us back up first time. The rest of them should go aswell, as said previously, we need a blank canvas. and you cant blame sisu for cashing in, blame the council for charging too much rent and the players themselves for taking us down, not sisu

Astute

July is the big month. It is when players out of contract stop getting paid. A lot of players take the best of what is on offer. If we are not ready to sign players then we will be left with mainly players nobody else wants and also no proper pre season for them.

Sky Blue Kid

sorry but i cant see the big deal! he is a average player at best, his story is great but his playing style was soon found out in the championship he soon became inefective. he is one for the furture but we need players NOW not in the future, we need a wage bill for players who can do the job to get us back up first time. The rest of them should go aswell, as said previously, we need a blank canvas. and you cant blame sisu for cashing in, blame the council for charging too much rent and the players themselves for taking us down, not sisu

Nurse....Medication please......TIMS is getting extremely delusional!:eek::facepalm:

Chipfat

You cant blame SISU for cashing in!!!!!!!!!!! i fookin can, they have cashed in on anyone who has had interest shown in them without replacments... You are also deluded if you think Newcastle, Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea snif around for no reason, he is a very talented lad who has a decent future in the game. These owners have been sending out messages to all around about the availabilty of our players for the right price since december, while telling all to buy season tickets to help bulid a team that compete????

We have let 21 players go and brought in 2 GK and 1 FW, surely actions speak louder than words,,, this is not a club being run to compete this is a club who are using our future to cash in... I also dont hear TF no more., wonder why his excuses run out or is ARVO scared him,, answer yes that is why this other is now given interviews.. Why becasue when asked about that he will give the answer that is a board matter that he doesnt deal with.. Foooking snakes the lot of them, including AT on this as he knows exactly how they are working...

torchomatic

Fans need to get real. We are in L1 with a shrinking fan base and no money. Players like BIGI will be sold. It has always happened with Coventry City and it always will. Naive to think this is a recent phenomenon.

Lord_Nampil

Fans need to get real. We are in L1 with a shrinking fan base and no money. Players like BIGI will be sold. It has always happened with Coventry City and it always will. Naive to think this is a recent phenomenon.

Totally right, It's disappointing but if we have a club to surpport and the ability to buy players its something I can accept!

torchomatic

It is disappointing, I want us to keep him, but our situation will probably dictate otherwise. Sad, but true.

Totally right, It's disappointing but if we have a club to surpport and the zability to buy players its something I can accept!

thorninmyside

chipfat you might want to consider the fact that the owners have had to sell players, how on earth can you expect them to pay off 500,000 pounds a MONTH and not sell players? are they not entitled to some money back> is your idea of owners simply a man with an open cheque book? someone prepared to simply keep ploughing money into a dying club?

you have to admit the players that came all let the club down, adebola, john, eastwood, macdonald, platt, macsheffry, and way too many more to mention, all terrible players who showed falshes of good play but at the end of the day proved to be not good enough.

managers choices, fans demanding managers out, etc etc etc

sisu love them or hate them have kept the club afloat by paying off the 500,000 a month, please tell me ... would you keep paying out of your pocket losing millions and not take the odd 300,000 or 1 million back?? come off it mate its you and other fans like you that need to get real . with respect

Last edited:

valiant15

Were in league 1 because sisu raped the club of players last summer without replacing them. They have no intention of giving us a team that can compete. If this is the way its going to be if were stuck with them for the next few years then i for one will turn my back on ccfc. Feck the lot of em. Football is about being able to compete,with this shower in charge that will never happen.

Yorkshire SB

So how do you propose we reach a level that is capable of competing in the championship without players like bigi? As things stand we have zero investment and are in League 1. Give Gael two years at this level and by the end of it, we could have a player with some actual ability on our hands. If you went to watch the pre-season games last season then you would have an idea of the skill level of this kid. Regardless of the opposition, he ran the side, even with the more experienced players by his side, he controlled the flow of the game, everything went through him. Given confidence and more experience he could do so at a good level.

This season he was out of position, he should have sat in front of the defence, collecting the ball from the centre backs and then distributing, but we let Clingan do that. Next season I'd like to see him there, with Thomas partnering him at the tip of the diamond. I don't expect miracles next season, perhaps they'll even look distinctly average, but they're 18 years old and given time and a platform to learn they will improve. Prime example would be Adam Lallana at Southampton, spent two years at League 1 level, between the ages of 21-23 and he was one of the championships top performers last season.

Jordan Clarke will be sensational next season, he has all the attributes of a perfect full-back, and in the latter stages of the season was our best player, bar possibly norwood. Cameron will feature heavily, he's physically superb and 40 games next season will only improve him.
I agree that we need some players now, and to be honest I would love to see Bell, Baker (a good 6 month spell for stockport does not mean he is a good League 1 player), Deegan sold tomorrow, if we could bring in some better replacements. However, our saving grace right now is that we have a group of talented younger players. If we want to be a sustainable and successful club, this group needs to develop together and hit their peak together. We could sell them all for a combined fee of a couple of million, sort out short-term debts and perhaps even bring in 2 or 3 players will 'league 1 experience', but where will that ultimately get us in the long-term?

ICHAN

My only point here would be.

I have no reservations about keeping or selling Bigi (would prefer to keep him obviously for the future and nurture him into the squad as well as the other young prospects we have)
What I can see happening though is with having players like Bigi being first team choice, people will still be slating everything about playing kids when we are struggling, if these players weren't ready for the championship (physically or menatally) then we really will be onto a hiding in this division, so nothing will change from last years abysmal showing it will just get worse, and AT will come out with the excuse of having to play kids.

Unfortunatly we are in no position to have it both ways, shame, but that is the reality of our situation as far as I can see it, fing stinks.

Yorkshire SB

My only point here would be.

I have no reservations about keeping or selling Bigi (would prefer to keep him obviously for the future and nurture him into the squad as well as the other young prospects we have)
What I can see happening though is with having players like Bigi being first team choice, people will still be slating everything about playing kids when we are struggling, if these players weren't ready for the championship (physically or menatally) then we really will be onto a hiding in this division, so nothing will change from last years abysmal showing it will just get worse, and AT will come out with the excuse of having to play kids.

Unfortunatly we are in no position to have it both ways, shame, but that is the reality of our situation as far as I can see it, fing stinks.

Perhaps not, the level is lower, I'm not sure how much more physical it really is, additionally they've a seasons experience under their belts. Could be good for them to be first choice players.

ICHAN

What happens if we start getting beat though TR on a regular basis, there confidance will be absolutly ruined and is AT the man to pick them up and keep them going?
I am not AT 's biggest fan by a long shot but he has had little digs at the kids last season, so I really don't think he will be able to keep them motivated and so could destroy any potential they have.

Yorkshire SB

No I do agree that it could be pretty devastating for them, and having experience around them is essential. But if they want to be good enough, then ultimately they have to perform. Additionally, without investment, I don't see that we have many other options..

Users who are viewing this thread