Waggot : Bigi is pretty much a goner (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Fans need to get real. We are in L1 with a shrinking fan base and no money. Players like BIGI will be sold. It has always happened with Coventry City and it always will. Naive to think this is a recent phenomenon.

How right you are. The blunt truth is he is not a first team regular and we are a third tier team. Fans now refusing to renew tickets mean the club will sell and adjust budgets. If the crowds next season are 7,000 then we will have a team to match. If we turned the bid down people would moan about they only want more money. People on here live on planet non-reality,

ICHAN

If their good enough then they will raise themselves to the situation that we are in.

I have said on many occasions that in my opinion I do not think it would be a bad thing of having a squad of young talented players playing for the team, that way you can hope that they will play as a team with no pre madonnas on big fat pay cheques only here for the money (not much of that anyway now), the kids would fight for each other as a team.

If this is the route we go down then I can accept that, but lets not get so called experianced players who don't give a shit and are at the end of their careers (how many times have we been down that route), the odd experianced player would be needed to help the kids learn and drag them through games (never happened last year).

We need a leader an experianced leader on the pitch unfortunatly money again, also I think a new manager if we go this route, no this is not a AT out thread, I just don't think he will be upto the job if the side is made up of mainly young proffesionals trying to learn their trade and making mistakes along the way.

Also the fans would need to be more patient with them (how long before we would get X Player is shit), and understand that this would be a process of developing a strong squad of talented young players.

All in all we can not have it both ways something has to be sacrificed, either we accept what is going to happen regarding players being sold, or if we keep the kids then we as fans must be patiant and hope they start to shine and show what talent they have and hopefully get us out of this league as quick as they can.
Also a manager who can motivate these kids and help them develop without making excuses all the time and blaming them for mistakes, who I don't know thats the million pound question.

ICHAN

If sisu would of invested last summer instead of lieing then we wouldn't be a league 1 club.

Unfortunatly we do not know that Valiant we may or may not have been, the whole way the club thinks needs to change, no one is coming out of this smelling of roses, their all to blame in their own right and all are a problem of the bigger picture.

Nonleagueherewecome

STEVE Waggott admits that although Coventry City want to keep star youngster Gael Bigirimana his future at the Ricoh Arena is far from certain.
The 18-year-old has already been the subject of an inquiry from Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew who wants him to join the Magpies' development squad while Championship Burnley expressed an interest in the midfielder last season.

And City's development director admits he's a sough-after talent who they may not be able to keep hold of despite still having two years left on his contract.

“There have been a couple of clubs interested, one was quoted as `one for the future,“ said Waggott. “When Gael picked up his Apprentice of the Year award a lot of clubs started looking at him. “My view is that he's here at Coventry where he's played quite a few games already and could be one who figures quite prominently in League One next year, and Andy Thorn is obviously keen to keep him.

“He's a talented young lad who is obviously going to attract the eye of a lot of different clubs so we'll have to see how that develops over the summer to be honest.

“If a couple of Premier League clubs come in and Gael hears about it then players can have their heads turned quite quickly.“

The size of any offer will also have a bearing on any decision to sell, Waggott adding: “There is always the balance between the financial security of a football club and the aspirations of the supporters.

“we have had five or six out of contract players, five who have now moved on and one who we're in discussions with, so we've hit the refresh button anyway.

we have to strike a balance between having a strong performing team within the budget we've got, so we've got to trade well in the summer and maintain the financial stability of the club.
we have to see how it all manifests over the next few weeks.“

Another "Come and get him!" plea from Waggott. What an utter cock to talk about Gael as a type of player who might "have his head turned"-I get the impression he's never even spoken to the lad.

The bit I've highlighted in bold is exactly what they aren't doing, anyway. Never mind "trading well" over the summer, how about functioning in a solvent manner rather than putting all the staff on notice, getting rid of everyone-and signing nobody-and not paying the rent? Given the background and context of the club this summer, this is about as helpful right now as being stabbed in the eye with a sharp stick.

Nonleagueherewecome

Totally right, It's disappointing but if we have a club to surpport and the ability to buy players its something I can accept!

But what have you seen from SISU in the past two years to evidence that being any more likely if we sell Gael? You know it won't get re-invested; you also know that they have plenty of money when it suits them (eg if they can get half the arena, suddenly they are loaded)-so how will selling a player help at all? It makes zero difference, we're just a player light, and one who loves the club and is just a kid at that.

valiant15

You're wasting your time with some people,we'd have 2 players left and they'd still be bleating about oh yes we can sell one of them and we can reinvest the money on other players. Mugs.

ccfcdan

You're wasting your time with some people,we'd have 2 players left and they'd still be bleating about oh yes we can sell one of them and we can reinvest the money on other players. Mugs.

Calm down Valiant, your getting very worked up about the sky blues atmo. Just sit back and enjoy the rollercoaster! There's nothing you can do to change things dude.

Brighton Sky Blue

Fans need to get real. We are in L1 with a shrinking fan base and no money. Players like BIGI will be sold. It has always happened with Coventry City and it always will. Naive to think this is a recent phenomenon.

Torch, ask yourself who's responsible for the 3 things you've mentioned. SISU's pathetic lack of investment handed us a rookie manager with a skeleton crew team-so we got relegated. Die hard fans, let alone fair weather supporters, got so disillusioned that they stopped going-hence our support is getting smaller. The club's financial state has long been weak, but the above pathetic investment and subsequent relegation weakens our finances more than funding to ensure survival this campaign.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

sorry but i cant see the big deal! he is a average player at best, his story is great but his playing style was soon found out in the championship he soon became inefective

What a fool you are. How can you judge him as 'average at best' at his age? He's a rookie player, just beginning to learn his trade in a struggling side

blend

This isn't about selling our best players, of course we're used to that. This is actually about asset stripping anything that's worth any value from the club. It's called venture capitalism, most of us have known what to expect all along, others remain convinced by BS.

torchomatic

I agree totally. I am not sticking up for SISU or the board. This is their fault, but we are where we are with little choice. There is no billionaire waiting in the wings and as for Hoff...well, I don't believe he'll ever do anything either. So we are stuck with SISU. That is the fact of the situation and it isn't going to change. They sell so the club survives or we go into administration or liquidation. Me, I would rather it be the former.

The facts are plainly obvious: we are in L1, we are skint, we have small numbers of ST holders and we play in a stadium that we cannot afford.

No club - regardless of who the owners are at our level cannot survive without selling players. Those who believe otherwise, I believe are naive.

Torch, ask yourself who's responsible for the 3 things you've mentioned. SISU's pathetic lack of investment handed us a rookie manager with a skeleton crew team-so we got relegated. Die hard fans, let alone fair weather supporters, got so disillusioned that they stopped going-hence our support is getting smaller. The club's financial state has long been weak, but the above pathetic investment and subsequent relegation weakens our finances more than funding to ensure survival this campaign.

torchomatic

Which is? Players! Richardson and his cronies saw that we didn't have anything else.

This isn't about selling our best players, of course we're used to that. This is actually about asset stripping anything that's worth any value from the club. .

Disorganised1

Is it time to get depressed yet ? Or do I have to wait until we are unable to field a team for the friendlies ?

SkyBlue_Bear83

What a fool you are. How can you judge him as 'average at best' at his age? He's a rookie player, just beginning to learn his trade in a struggling side
Just ignore him he is a wum, he consistently moans about the quality of player at the club calling everyone from Keogh to Joe Henderson shit and useless. Then he makes threads about supporting SISU when it is their fault we have such poor players :facepalm:

Chipfat

We have been a selling club and to be honest every club is,, but the difference is you let 21 players go and replace with 3 of which 2 are keepers, then you are asking for trouble.. Also how can you defend it???.. I have worked for the club so i dont need to know or be told that sisu are better than anyone before they are not trust me...

Also we are a league 1 team and would expect the club to run accordinly, but if you want to stay in league 1 with no ambition, sell your best players and prospects, dont try to con the fans you have a plan to compete..

Until the council aired concerns and AVRO has been mentioned we dont hear no bounce back budget just a Statment about the fans have to be realistic about where we are... WELL I HAVE, we are in the shit with owners who are not looking at progression more looking at letting this club die with or without my money .. SO fook um and until they go ill be going to away games, or might just pop down Alan Higgs to see all next years 1st team players!!!!!!!....

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Which is? Players! Richardson and his cronies saw that we didn't have anything else.

And I'm really annoyed with Adam and Eve as I have to wear clothes all the time. Meanwhile, in the 21st Century..

torchomatic

Ha! OK, so it's an old chesnut, but relevant. If BR hadn't made us leave HR then all this would be academic. But there you go.

And I'm really annoyed with Adam and Eve as I have to wear clothes all the time. Meanwhile, in the 21st Century..

Nonleagueherewecome

SISU knew what they were buying, though-and if they didn't, then we shouldn't be the one's who have to suffer due to their lack of research!

Users who are viewing this thread