Waggot and SBITC (1 Viewer)

skyblueman

You've only got to look at timing of Waggot giving this sort of interview extolling the charitable community work the club has at it's very core of beliefs ..

Sorry am I being too cynical here?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Are they the ones threatening us with a winding up order?

I rest my case.

What a laugh. ACL could have issued a statuary demand a year ago; and have come back with alternative arrangements instead - each of which have been rebutted. How else can they deal with a tenant who's not paying, nor moving its contracted position one iota?

Last edited:

Godiva

You've only got to look at timing of Waggot giving this sort of interview extolling the charitable community work the club has at it's very core of beliefs ..

No, you're not. It's certainly not a random interview given at a random time.

He is effectively telling everyone, how beneficial the club could (should) be to the society.
This is very cunning in so many levels. First of course, it is delivering the message to the council, that there is more than money involved in the current rent issue. But it also kind of counter the notion that Higgs charity is being screwed in the proces ... telling us that the club can be an even bigger charity helping youngsters on their way.

Very shrewed ... and also underlines my feeling, that Fischer and Waggot really are professionels who know all aspects of their game.

Brighton Sky Blue

No, you're not. It's certainly not a random interview given at a random time.

He is effectively telling everyone, how beneficial the club could (should) be to the society.
This is very cunning in so many levels. First of course, it is delivering the message to the council, that there is more than money involved in the current rent issue. But it also kind of counter the notion that Higgs charity is being screwed in the proces ... telling us that the club can be an even bigger charity helping youngsters on their way.

Very shrewed ... and also underlines my feeling, that Fischer and Waggot really are professionels who know all aspects of their game.

Given that one was one of the best chess players of all time that's not surprising.

lordsummerisle

It must be like living with Chas and Dave at your house:

"Waggot, Waggot, Waggot Waggot Waggot"

[video=youtube;wOSseI1hao8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=wOSseI1hao8[/video]

You were right about Deja-vu though, constant speculation from unnamed people of disaster and administration which, certainly in Charlton's case I haven't noticed them doing so yet, despite that story being over two years old and they got promoted a year later than the disaster predicted then.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You were right about Deja-vu though, constant speculation from unnamed people of disaster and administration which, certainly in Charlton's case I haven't noticed them doing so yet, despite that story being over two years old and they got promoted a year later than the disaster predicted then.

The got promoted back in 2012, didn't they? Not long after Waggott was shown the door:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford_messenger/sport/2010/june/14/steve_waggott.aspx

Still, I'm sure as the valued contributor asserts above, he knows all 'aspects of their game'....

WillieStanley

What a laugh. ACL could have issued a statuary demand a year ago; and have come back with alternative arrangements instead - each of which have been rebutted. How else can they deal with a tenant who's not paying, nor moving its contracted position one iota?

We were paying rent a year ago...

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Hard not to be cynical about the article, the timing would seem to be opportune........ hmmmm :thinking about:

That said it is the sort of thing that is welcomed by the FA and should be encouraged by the fans.

We are lucky then that SBITC was established as a Charity in 2008 and has been working hard to provide just those sort of opportunities ever since, with an annual spend of over £430K in the last accounts tp 31/12/11

http://www.charity-commission.gov.u...teredCharityNumber=1127014&SubsidiaryNumber=0

Strangely no mention of any funds being donated to the charity by ccfc in the 2011 accounts although match day tickets were donated ....... apparently the year before the charity got them at a discount......

"During the year the charity received match day tickets as a donation from Coventry City Football Club.The charity also receives financial support from the football club to the extent that premises are provided,and webspace on the club website and editorial space in the match day programmes are granted, free of any charges.These donated tickets, services and facilities are not included in the Statement of financial activities as the charity is unable to reasonably quantify or measure the value of these donations​

"The charity delivers its community initiatives on behalf of Coventry City Football Club Limited ("the football club"). The football club is therefore considered to be a related party of the charity.In the prior year, the charity received subsidised match day tickets from the football club which wererecharged to the charity at a reduced cost of £20,000 for the year. This year, as stated in note 18, the
football club has donated the match day tickets to the charity free of charge."​

extracts from charity accounts. SBITC is to be encouraged, but it is not a Waggott invention and has been doing good work for years.​

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

Hard not to be cynical about the article, the timing would seem to be opportune........ hmmmm :thinking about:

That said it is the sort of thing that is welcomed by the FA and should be encouraged by the fans.

We are lucky then that SBITC was established as a Charity in 2008 and has been working hard to provide just those sort of opportunities ever since, with an annual spend of over £430K in the last accounts

http://www.charity-commission.gov.u...teredCharityNumber=1127014&SubsidiaryNumber=0

Strangely no mention of any funds being donated to the charity by ccfc in the 2011 accounts although match day tickets were donated ....... apparently the year before the charity got them at a discount......

"During the year the charity received match day tickets as a donation from Coventry City Football Club.The charity also receives financial support from the football club to the extent that premises are provided,and webspace on the club website and editorial space in the match day programmes are granted, free of any charges.These donated tickets, services and facilities are not included in the Statement of financial activities as the charity is unable to reasonably quantify or measure the value of these donations

"The charity delivers its community initiatives on behalf of Coventry City Football Club Limited ("the football club"). The football club is therefore considered to be a related party of the charity.In the prior year, the charity received subsidised match day tickets from the football club which wererecharged to the charity at a reduced cost of £20,000 for the year. This year, as stated in note 18, the
football club has donated the match day tickets to the charity free of charge."

extracts from charity accounts. SBITC is to be encouraged, but it is not a Waggott invention and has been doing good work for years.

Though from what you're quoting there OSB, before Waggot we charged the charity £20,000 for the tickets, rather than nothing after he arrived?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
possibly LS - its hard to know whether he took the decision or whether it had already been made. Reality is there have been plenty of seats available at no extra cost to the club since 2008 and we seem to have been overcharging a charity ....... overcharge now where have i heard that before ? :thinking about:

The match tickets cost the club nothing ..... think the telling factor is there is no actual funding put in, but some would say thats only right as we have no money

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

possibly LS - its hard to know whether he took the decision or whether it had already been made. Reality is there have been plenty of seats available at no extra cost to the club since 2008 and we seem to have overcharging a charity ....... overcharge now where have i heard that before ? :thinking about:

The match tickets cost the club nothing ..... think the telling factor is there is no actual funding put in, but some would say thats only right as we have no money

Obviously had to charge the charity previously.

How else could we keep up Ray Ranson's interest payments?

blueflint

why do so many of our fellow fans fall for the shit spouted by sisu they are in the wrong not ACL

ashbyjan

In the article Waggott claims to have had dealings with the Sky Blue Trust and that we are founder members of his community charter. This is quite simply not true - we have had no discussions with the club on any such programme. Whilst we obviously support the sentiment behind the initiative its strange how its taken 5 years for SISU to remember the community and launch this at this opportune time. Hopefully the rest of the claims and statements in the piece are more accurate than his claims about the Trust.

Lord_Nampil

"I am trying to move towards a community charter with the club, Sky Blues Trust and Coventry Sports Foundation being the first founder members and bringing in other partners,” he said.

From what i can make out Jan he is saying what he wants, rather than what the plan is, maybe you will be contacted in due course??? You could take that both ways i.e. your working together or his plan is for you to work together, well that's how i take it any way!

ashbyjan

The sentiment of the club being at the heart of the community is a cornerstone of what the Trust stands for and on the face of it this is very laudable. However trying to take some legitamacy from association with the Trust when no such partnership currently exists puts a questionmark over the authenticity of the whole project.

Diehard Si

Not at all. I had a chuckle when I read it earlier.

About 10 ten days ago my CCFC employed mate was telling me that the community branch got a little put out that suddenly Waggot was getting involved in things they normally do, taking it off them.

They asked him what was going on and he told them he was doing it to show the Council how the club can operate in the community.

I was expecting him just to use it as a bargaining tool in the boardroom , I didn't expect a full media piece on it.

Users who are viewing this thread