Match Thread vs Cardiff (A) 19/09/23 (4 Viewers)

Martin180

Robins needs to make it clear that that sort of application isn't acceptable. Same applies to Palmer tonight.
That was kind of my point , back in the 70/80s of players performed like that they had a long run in " the stiffs "

junglej13

I’m changing my mind on Palmer. He’s shit and offers very little
The lad needs a rocket up his arse. Sick of hearing about how 'talented' he is. His career will amount to nothing I've little doubt. History says he doesn't manage more than 15 games a season. Cannot recall when a game has been in the balance where he has created or scored a goal. His impact on the outcome of a game is non existent. Have always thought we can probably do better than Allen if the club is to progress, but would take Allen every day of the week ahead of Palmer. Nearly everyone of Allen's goals or assists last year broke the deadlock in a tight game. I don't even get out of my seat when Palmer is about to shoot. Tonight yet another example - guilt edge chance he should have scored.

Matt smith

The lad needs a rocket up his arse. Sick of hearing about how 'talented' he is. His career will amount to nothing I've little doubt. History says he doesn't manage more than 15 games a season. Cannot recall when a game has been in the balance where he has created or scored a goal. His impact on the outcome of a game is non existent. Have always thought we can probably do better than Allen if the club is to progress, but would take Allen every day of the week ahead of Palmer. Nearly everyone of Allen's goals or assists last year broke the deadlock in a tight game. I don't even get out of my seat when Palmer is about to shoot. Tonight yet another example - guilt edge chance he should have scored.
Monday is definitely the type of game where Jamie Allen will probably step up

he’s probably not match fit, he’ll start next week

Brighton Sky Blue

If he has pace coming from midfield I think he can. Pointless having a strike partner who does nothing.
Then he needs to drop Palmer which he seems averse to doing. Sakamoto is being sold down the river at RWB and Robins essentially admits it in the post match

nicksar

That was kind of my point , back in the 70/80s of players performed like that they had a long run in " the stiffs "
Massive mistake getting rid of reserve team football it provided competitive games for senior players and a brilliant pathway for promising young players....now we have the utterly pointless under 21 " development leagues" and our better young players have to go out on loan to experience men's football.

junglej13

There is no way in the world that Wright is as bad as he was tonight. Its just impossible. Forget judging the Turkish league, he had zero control and zero ability to hold up the ball. Don't know if we play wrong system for him or whatever but nobody can actually be that bad.

I thought simms actually showed somewhen he came on. Put the little chop through in the build up to the 2nd goal
Had heard people say his movement was really good in a couple. I haven't seen a hint of any movement from him apart from how he hangs out from corners.

Simms I think will do well in time and will improve. Wright looks alarmingly raw.

Brighton Sky Blue

Had heard people say his movement was really good in a couple. I haven't seen a hint of any movement from him apart from how he hangs out from corners.

Simms I think will do well in time and will improve. Wright looks alarmingly raw.
Tonight he showed a couple of flashes of pace, but no strength, poor control of the ball, poor awareness of his teammates and was even poor in the air despite his height.

He'd be best advised to bulk up in the gym for a good few months.

Finham

One minor defence of Wright is he looks like the type of striker you want to hit earlier down the channels…unfortunately we spent most of the match strolling round the pitch passing it sideways and backwards at a friendly pace

Let’s hope Robins has words, makes some changes and sorts them out for next week as that was poor. I accept its a period of transition and always going to be a bit disjointed but at the very least we should get some intensity, energy and movement
Just doesn't look like we are playing to Wright's strengths at all, to be fair to him.

SkyBlueMatt

I am not saying Wright is a no hoper. I am just saying he was very poor tonight.
'Very poor' is being kind. I don't think he touched the ball for a 15 minute period. I'm still confident him & Simms will come good.... eventually.

Noted... thanks for telling me I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, just skimming over this thread.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

Wright was awful tonight but this forum cracks me up.

2 weeks ago Simms was a no hoper and Wright was the future.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Now they are both no hopers and Godden is the Championship top scorer 🤯

fernandopartridge

I think on the balance of the season so far, and from what I've managed to catch these are the main 3 positives:

Godden is in the form of his life and must start every game.
Sakamoto provides us with our most individual moments of brilliance and creativity, we need to find a way to utilise him more.
Ayari, if anyone, is going to be what becomes our creativity to replace Hamer, he needs minutes by hook or crook.

Robins needs to work out a plan before West Brom to play to all these players strengths. I don't care how much players cost, we need to look on performance. If that means a change in formation so be it.
Not sure about Sakamoto, he's got a lot of the Kasey Palmer about him so far. Nice trick but no end product

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

pipkin73

View attachment 31896

As long as Godden gets plenty of support (which I think he would) I wouldn't mind seeing this next game
I would like to see that also, but at the moment but too early for Allen to start and i would rest MacFadzean for a game or 2 depending on how the rest get on without him. So much money has gone on the defense they need to start playing but also McFadz looked slow and tired tonight so give him a rest as we will need him during the season and not burnt out.

BlueSkiesForever

You only need to look at the amount of comments on here after tonight’s game to see that we’re absolute disarray atm. The one thing that was good about our team, the defence, is starting to show significant cracks and the midfield is the same old bollocks every single fucking week. Why the fuck can we not pass properly?! There were multiple through ball opportunities that were overlooked only to play a wayward sideways pass to another midfielder.

Also, although I’ve been a big supporter of him I thought Wright was a joke tonight, and likewise Palmer, I thought he was the one thing that held our midfield together for the first few games but he’s falling apart at the seams! I have absolutely no idea what happened tonight, I just want to see big changes come Monday.

SkyblueTexan

We won't be near the relegation zone, something would have to have gone completely to shit for that to happen.
Didn’t take long for QPR to slide down and almost get relegated last season.

BlueSkiesForever

Thinking about it, is it me or have we got progressively worse every game we’ve played this season? Bar the Hull game I think we’ve not improved in a single game.
Think back to the Leicester game, that Cov team is nothing like what we saw tonight, it’s like a completely different team mentally, no composure, no pace, no insight, no vision, no concentration, no strength, no ideas. We lost that Leicester game 2-1 but played like a top 6 side, tonight we played like a bottom 5 side trying to avoid relegation.

BlueSkiesForever

Apart from being the Championships top scorer, what else does he offer?

Simms & Wright HAVE to start in the next game.
We’re in this weird situation where Godden doesn’t actually offer us much in terms of physicality but he does score us goals. I think we have a proper nightmare situation on our hands here, we’re going to be expecting a 33 year old slow-ish striker to be doing what Gyokeres did last season purely because our new strikers have been dog shite.
I fear the worst if we go with the box formation, I want us to go to the box as we clearly need to improve our midfield however we’re not going to drop Godden, but the issue is if we play Godden I can’t see the box working as you need a quick, strong striker to be able to deal with any through balls on their own, but I don’t think Godden will be able to do that as he’s nothing like Gyokeres physically. Then where do you end up?
Long old season this one…

Users who are viewing this thread