Match Thread vs Cardiff (A) 19/09/23 (3 Viewers)

SBT

Part of me wonders if we built this whole team around Hamer, getting people who could run onto his passes, but then he goes and it all goes to shit.
The problem seems blindingly obvious to me - we’ve lost two of the best players in the league from last season, and we’ve only tried to replace one of them. The kid we’ve signed to replace Hamer is yet to play more than 60 minutes in a game.

pusbccfc

Didn’t like his energy and forward passes ?

Nope. Was praising others like Simms and Allen for being lively, he then says Tatsu did OK.

I originally thought he was criticising Sakamoto but listening back he was talking about the defence after.

shmmeee

I get that , tonight was shocking and second half against Hull wasn’t great but we do throw in a dreadful performance here and there. Norwich last season , Luton the season before …
Tonight has to be a huge wake up call and Robins has to trust the flair players

Im not close to saying Robins out. But this is a whole new challenge. From the sound of it we’ve lost not only big talent but big personalities from the dressing room and not replaced them. He doesn’t have the protection of Sisu or Covid. Things could get rougher than they ever have been if we don’t turn things around.

napolimp

From the "Unpopular opinion" thread....

View attachment 31897

What an absolutely dumb post to dredge up. What point are you tying to make? We're 7 games into the season, lost twice, it's a completely new team and we've been told they will take a few months to gel. There are 39 games left in the season, and the new owner literally said we have a multi-year plan for the club to take the next step.

DrPoolittle

Biggest challenge of his career. We looked as bad today as when we first came up. Only now he’s spent £20m and needs to show results. And he’s doing it in front of a crowd that we all know could turn.
We have bought too many sodding players, too many to weld into a cohesive squad, let alone a recognisable starting XI. There are too many flair players, who lack Championship experience and who are rotating from the bench. Buying Simms was okay as a hefty investment but spending another £7 million on Wright was risky.

Years ago, Sillett bought Drinkell and Bannister to score goals, whilst neglecting to buy the midfielder that would create chances for the forwards. The same applies now: we aren’t creating chances from the considerable possession that City enjoy.

Martin180

Im not close to saying Robins out. But this is a whole new challenge. From the sound of it we’ve lost not only big talent but big personalities from the dressing room and not replaced them. He doesn’t have the protection of Sisu or Covid. Things could get rougher than they ever have been if we don’t turn things around.
Hopefully with the upcoming fixtures we can gain some momentum and he can find a starting xi he and the fans are happy with

pusbccfc

What an absolutely dumb post to dredge up. What point are you tying to make? We're 7 games into the season, lost twice, it's a completely new team and we've been told they will take a few months to gel. There are 39 games left in the season, and the new owner literally said we have a multi-year plan for the club to take the next step.

I mean, he's probably right.

Brighton Sky Blue

Concerned me to hear him say the dressing room was very quiet. Surely Wilson is still chirping up a bit?

JulianDarbyFTW

The problem seems blindingly obvious to me - we’ve lost two of the best players in the league from last season, and we’ve only tried to replace one of them. The kid we’ve signed to replace Hamer is yet to play more than 60 minutes in a game.
My point was that I think we've built a team around Hamer, and then he's gone and we look lost. Like working for a team of window-cleaners and then the bloke who owns the ladder fucks off.

hill83

Robins on about a shy and quiet dressing room is the most worrying thing for me. Even ahead of Sheaf out for 6 weeks.

That’s something you absolutely can not have. Even in my limited always hungover when playing Sunday league knowledge.

napolimp

Oh wow, things on the forum are getting dumb again. This is dejavu all over again from last season where a load of you had a total breakdown.

SBT

My point was that I think we've built a team around Hamer, and then he's gone and we look lost. Like working for a team of window-cleaners and then the bloke who owns the ladder fucks off.
Yeah I think there’s been a deliberate attempt to move away from the style that worked so well in the second half of last season. That is always going to be a rocky process but I’d still have backed us to do it and be promotion favourites before we sold Gus…my optimism disappeared at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread