Vodafone & Hummel (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

I think the more people that push back on the larger companies on these sort of things the more impact it can have.
Don't see why its an issue if people want to do it. Like you say get a few more people involved and more importantly get some coverage in the press and at the very least it becomes an annoyance to Vodafone's PR team having to field questions about it.

Reactions: vow

Terry Gibson's perm

Hope nobody wears Under Armour, or uses Dell, or NPower then!

Correct I don’t use any of those but that was about choosing something else at the time of purchase, but if I was looking now I would try to stay away if possible

Terry Gibson's perm

Don't see why its an issue if people want to do it. Like you say get a few more people involved and more importantly get some coverage in the press and at the very least it becomes an annoyance to Vodafone's PR team having to field questions about it.

I think there was a thread on this previously

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

To be fair, I didn't realise people still used Vodafone. Given you were more likely to get signal in the Gobi desert than in the UK on Vodafone about 15 years ago, I'd dread to think what it's like nowadays. For what it's worth, I've drastically lowered how much I go to one or two pubs in Leamington/Warwick based on their 'association' with Wasps. Will they give a shit? Probably not. Is it petty? Probably. I can live with both those things.

fernandopartridge

One of the fundamentals of living in a market economy is consumer choice. Consumers' reasons for not choosing one product over another are theirs and when it comes down to it as valid as any other reason.

chiefdave

For what it's worth, I've drastically lowered how much I go to one or two pubs in Leamington/Warwick based on their 'association' with Wasps. Will they give a shit? Probably not. Is it petty? Probably. I can live with both those things.
Suspect this is why they have started blocking our fans on twitter. They announced a couple of things like this and virtually all the responses were, to say the least, negative.

BornSlippySkyBlue

You aren't serious, surely? As a grown man (presumably) you won't use one of the biggest telecommunications companies in the world because they sponsor a hated rugby team? A telecommunications company that couldn't give a fuck if you died tomorrow?

A telecommunications company that if every single person who lived in Coventry stopped using them they STILL wouldn't give a fuck...?
Why do companies bother sponsoring anyone if it makes no difference to their bottom line? Surely it works both ways?

Seem to recall Man U fans boycotting someone (maybe Vodafone too?) over something (vague, I know).

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Our best bet is that the EC rule that it was unlawful state aid, make Wasps cough up the extra £27m or give the stadium back to the council who then have no choice but to sell to the club or give us a proper rental agreement

Why? Last time t was said they'd have no choice but to sell it to the club then Wasps came along and bought it.

Besides, it wouldn't be sold to the club - the club can't afford it. It'd be sold to the club owners, who'd charge us rent to play there. They may let the club keep the parking/food revenue but probably in lieu of higher rent/maintenance payments. Fisher was eventually forced to concede as much when pressed on the issue a year or so ago - the stadium would be held in a holding company, not owned by CCFC.

robbiekeane

Why? Last time t was said they'd have no choice but to sell it to the club then Wasps came along and bought it.

Besides, it wouldn't be sold to the club - the club can't afford it. It'd be sold to the club owners, who'd charge us rent to play there. They may let the club keep the parking/food revenue but probably in lieu of higher rent/maintenance payments. Fisher was eventually forced to concede as much when pressed on the issue a year or so ago - the stadium would be held in a holding company, not owned by CCFC.
So just to confirm you are saying you would not like us to have our own stadium?

SBAndy

It would indeed be in a holding company. That is standard practice with commercial owner-occupied property nowadays. That means they would end up renting it to the club, but the key is that it would make the group marketable and they’d be looking to sell. These scare stories of them forever being our landlords are unfounded.

shmmeee

So just to confirm you are saying you would not like us to have our own stadium?

Unless you count a Sisu holding company as “us”, we aren’t likely to, that’s his point.

We all want us to have our own ground, some of us just doubt this scenario where CCC break down and hand over tens of millions of pounds of land for free to a third party. Maybe if no one can afford it the Ricoh should be knocked down for housing. It would be sad that a city of our size couldn’t support such a ground, but thems the breaks. Sisu have made it clear they don’t believe they can make it profitable without the council giving something they aren’t willing to.

Frankly it’s rent the Ricoh or build our own and we don’t look likely to do either. Instead choosing to play chicken with the courts system and hope for the best. It’s a bold strategy to say the least. Time will tell if it was worth it, so far it’s not looking great.

ccfchoi87

I have Vodafone and the service has been spot on for me. I even get a discount because of family connections. Won’t be renewing at the end of my contract nor will I attend any of the pubs associated with Wasps.

rd45

My work phone is on Vodafone, their network is still as shite as it’s ever been.

I’ve worked on a couple of projects at their head office in Newbury. Totally fucking chaotic in there. Big purpose built offices but never anywhere to park, they bus their staff in from park & rides outside the town. When you finally get in there, there’s not even anywhere to sit - everyone’s crammed in two per desk. Even in the canteen there’s half a dozen Indian IT workers with their laptops on every flat surface.

How they were the biggest & most profitable UK company for so long I do not understand. The phone business must be an easy one to succeed in, is all I can think of. The staff in the shops want to help you, but their back office lets them down very badly.

hill83

All joking aside. Vodafone are installing gigabit internet around Coventry (fibre-to-the-home) area by area. Has anyone got this yet and is it any good? It's yet to be installed around where I live.

I've never used them for anything and only hear bad things about them.

SBAndy

All joking aside. Vodafone are installing gigabit internet around Coventry (fibre-to-the-home) area by area. Has anyone got this yet and is it any good? It's yet to be installed around where I live.

I've never used them for anything and only hear bad things about them.

Customer service when I was with them was appalling. Got a 25% discount on contract prices through work so went to get a new iPhone about 5 years ago. Bought it in store, showed my work pass and they said they’d register the discount. First month’s bill came and it was full price. Headed into the store to be told “the first month is always full price and then the discount kicks in the following month”. Not unreasonable, heard of similar things before. Second month full price again. Back into store to complain. They tell me that because I haven’t applied for the discount in the first 30 days they couldn’t do anything and it was my fault for not checking sooner. Lost it and ended up writing to their head office, but got no response. Fortunately as I’d upgraded early their computer systems hadn’t registered so when the actual renewal date rolled around I was able to apply the discount and all was ok, but I’ve since left as I had a few other issues with them.

ajsccfc

I hate those adverts with Martin Freeman, he's just talking all over some woman's lovely video of a first dance about data roaming bollocks. Gareth was right about him

hill83

I hate those adverts with Martin Freeman, he's just talking all over some woman's lovely video of a first dance about data roaming bollocks. Gareth was right about him

1Vo5jkL.gif

Users who are viewing this thread