Vincelot joins Bradford (3 Viewers)

skybluetony176

I'm not in a frenzy, quite clearly. If I was I'd be frothy mouthed making things up and shouting maddison money over and over.

It was pointless and will only piss people off.

Ask at the scg

You've implicated that the trust are calling TM a liar. If that's not making things up I don't know what it is. Now you've started blurting out Maddison money also to add to your Wasps and CCC pointless blurts. Frenzy all over the place.

skybluetony176

Or before we start releasing ridiculous statements.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Is it really that ridiculous? A supporters trust asking for decisions at the club that it's members support to be explained? Isn't that sort of the point of having a supporters trust?

robbiekeane

Is it really that ridiculous? A supporters trust asking for decisions at the club that it's members support to be explained? Isn't that sort of the point of having a supporters trust?
It's ridiculous in that it's overly dramatic in response to us selling an average league one player, before they've even given a chance for a replacement to be signed. Yes, it is that ridiculous.

covmark

It is ridiculous because as you say we need to see what TM does with the money before we decide if it's a good decision or not.

skybluetony176

As they are releasing statements criticising his management of the club.

No they haven't. They've said

"Following the loss of John Fleck, at the end of his contract to another League 1 club, the sale of Romain Vincelot also to one of our rivals has seen responses from many Coventry City fans ranging from bewilderment and disappointment to anger and dismay.

On behalf of our members and all CCFC supporters, the Sky Blue Trust would like to know how the loss of another of our key midfield players will help the football club to realise its ambition to secure promotion."

The first line is a statement about the fans, no one else. The second line is a question actually not directed specifically at TM so therefore is an open question to the club. In fact TM doesn't even get a mention at all.

If TM answers the question and they disagree with him it would then become a criticism.

skybluetony176

It is ridiculous because as you say we need to see what TM does with the money before we decide if it's a good decision or not.

They haven't said if it's a good decision or not in the statement. They've asked for it to be explained. Not nearly the same thing.

hill83

"On behalf of our members and all CCFC supporters, the Sky Blue Trust would like to know how the loss of another of our key midfield players will help the football club to realise its ambition to secure promotion."

It's a pretty loaded question. It sounds like something my mrs would say after my attempt at doing the dishes.

skybluetony176

It's ridiculous in that it's overly dramatic in response to us selling an average league one player, before they've even given a chance for a replacement to be signed. Yes, it is that ridiculous.

It also about the loss of Fleck. Together they were the backbone of our midfield last season if not the team. We certainly played better when they had a good game. It's a reaction to more than just RV.

robbiekeane

It also about the loss of Fleck. Together they were the backbone of our midfield last season if not the team. We certainly played better when they had a good game. It's a reaction to more than just RV.
and we've signed Gadzhev and mcann? Or do only negatives count?

NorthernWisdom

"On behalf of our members and all CCFC supporters, the Sky Blue Trust would like to know how the loss of another of our key midfield players will help the football club to realise its ambition to secure promotion."

It's a pretty loaded question. It sounds like something my mrs would say after my attempt at doing the dishes.

If she's asking you about Vincelot and promotion after you've done the dishes, something has gone seriously awry in the Hill household.

hill83

If she's asking you about Vincelot and promotion after you've done the dishes, something has gone seriously awry in the Hill household.
Ha ha, I meant the tone.

The only interaction I have with her regarding football is her shouting "GOAL" when I'm watching a match to wind me up.

skybluetony176

its already been explained by TM you numpty

No it hasn't

“I have to ask the fans to trust what we are trying to do and sometimes you have to sell an asset so you can build. I’m trying to create an infrastructure at the club. Hopefully there will be new heroes for the supporters as I build a team in the image I want to see.”

He's asked us to trust him, mentioned infrastructure but not said what that is and said he's hopeful.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of TM and was one of the main players in defending him last season on here when others were calling for him to be sacked. But that isn't an explanation.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

We already had Gadzhev and Mcann is only here to Xmas. So neither have been signed of the back of selling RV. That isn't a positive or a negative, just a fact.
True, but then also signed last season was Rose. Therefore in he, McCann and Vlad we'd already signed 3 central midfielders. So it isn't like a position of having nobody, we'd got a ready made replacement.
The Trust statement is knee jerk and in some respects counter to other statements they've made.
Are the Trust now not keen on the idea of academy players? Is the thought of Ben Stevenson playing in midfield really that hard to stomach?

Skybluefaz

When we sign some players will the trust also be issuing a statement questioning how these new players will help the team, on behalf of all supporters? You know, so we truly sound like a bunch of drooling idiots.

Covstu

I am stil puzzled by the sale of both of our midfielders and whilst I don't really agree with the trust a lot of the time I do feel they are asking a very pertinent question here. I trust TM so I just hope he has made the right decisions here

NorthernWisdom

True, but then also signed last season was Rose. Therefore in he, McCann and Vlad we'd already signed 3 central midfielders.

Yeah, arguably Rose and Vlad were how we *should* be doing things (along with Jones) signing them early and getting them acclimatised to the club.

I'd say the bigger concern would be that we haven't carried on doing that when it came to our lack of centre backs, and that's far more of a worry, and far more worth shouting about, than losing Vincelot.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think that Trust statement is unwarranted and ill advised

The Manager sold a player so he could best work the budget he has to provide a team. Hardly the first time that has happened

skybluetony176

True, but then also signed last season was Rose. Therefore in he, McCann and Vlad we'd already signed 3 central midfielders. So it isn't like a position of having nobody, we'd got a ready made replacement.
The Trust statement is knee jerk and in some respects counter to other statements they've made.
Are the Trust now not keen on the idea of academy players? Is the thought of Ben Stevenson playing in midfield really that hard to stomach?

I don't think that they've said that the thought of Ben Stevenson playing in midfield is hard to stomach.

If the reply to the trusts question is that with Ben Stevenson coming up we believe he can fill the position and it will release funds to other area's of the team and the trust replies that that is hard to stomach you'll have a point. But as that isn't what has happened.

The trust has asked a pretty straight question. You seem to be making knee jerk assumptions into what the trust has asked.

Esoterica

I don't think that they've said that the thought of Ben Stevenson playing in midfield is hard to stomach.

If the reply to the trusts question is that with Ben Stevenson coming up we believe he can fill the position and it will release funds to other area's of the team and the trust replies that that is hard to stomach you'll have a point. But as that isn't what has happened.

The trust has asked a pretty straight question. You seem to be making knee jerk assumptions into what the trust has asked.

I think the trust would have universal support if they'd waited a week to see what panned out and then questioned the size of the budget, how that fairs in relation to other teams in the league and why Mowbray has a budget that forces him to sell a player for very little in order to bring new ones in, when we've already released/lost many players.
Releasing a statement worded the way it is, at this moment in time, will achieve nothing but division - between fans themselves and potentially reopen barely healed wounds between the club and the trust.

Grendel

We already had Gadzhev and Mcann is only here to Xmas. So neither have been signed of the back of selling RV. That isn't a positive or a negative, just a fact.

We've sold him as another club offered him a better deal than we had under contract.

What this statement doesn't actually take into account is how that's dealt with. Mowbray sold him for that reason and that reason alone.

So it's a stupid statement on that basis alone.

It also drones on about negative comments from members yet a lot on here seem very accepting of it.

So what does this achieve exactly? On the one hand we want information from Anderson about some matters of genuine concern but the leading fans body results to a puerile and childish dig which will annoy Anderson and Mowbray and hardly make either of them improve their openness.

covcity4life

No it hasn't

“I have to ask the fans to trust what we are trying to do and sometimes you have to sell an asset so you can build. I’m trying to create an infrastructure at the club. Hopefully there will be new heroes for the supporters as I build a team in the image I want to see.”

He's asked us to trust him, mentioned infrastructure but not said what that is and said he's hopeful.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of TM and was one of the main players in defending him last season on here when others were calling for him to be sacked. But that isn't an explanation.

its pretty clear hes gonna use the money to bring in different/better players who perhaps he needs to pay a fee for to get them in. Or perhaps the money goes towards signing on fees or just to icnrease wage budget.

as fans we dont really deserve an explanation unless its not being used on the team. we cannot demand to know how and when it is used by the actual manager though

skybluetony176

We've sold him as another club offered him a better deal than we had under contract.

What this statement doesn't actually take into account is how that's dealt with. Mowbray sold him for that reason and that reason alone.

So it's a stupid statement on that basis alone.

It also drones on about negative comments from members yet a lot on here seem very accepting of it.

So what does this achieve exactly? On the one hand we want information from Anderson about some matters of genuine concern but the leading fans body results to a puerile and childish dig which will annoy Anderson and Mowbray and hardly make either of them improve their openness.

So you're saying TM sold him so he can have a pay rise? That was nice of him.

The trust statement is barely four sentences. It doesn't drone on about anything. It gives two sentences to layout the feelings of it's members and a question made up of a further two sentences.

You say accepting of it but what you actually mean is open minded currently about it. You don't know what the end result is yet. How can that be accepting? What if RV's sale has happened so we can sign your favourite player Bigi? Will you be accepting of it? Or will you be wishing it was questioned sooner?

skybluetony176

its pretty clear hes gonna use the money to bring in different/better players who perhaps he needs to pay a fee for to get them in. Or perhaps the money goes towards signing on fees or just to icnrease wage budget.

as fans we dont really deserve an explanation unless its not being used on the team. we cannot demand to know how and when it is used by the actual manager though

Well all I can say is that you've taken a lot more from TM's statement than I have. I trust TM but that doesn't mean I think he's beyond questioning once in a while. That's a big part of the relationship between a manager and fan's and that is what trust is built on Imo.

Yes we're fans but we're also paying customers. Paying customers deserve the respect of an explanation once in a while. I don't want him to explain what he's having for dinner but I would like him to explain important team decision's and I think this is the biggest call he's made since he's been here.

Last edited:

Grendel

So you're saying TM sold him so he can have a pay rise? That was nice of him.

The trust statement is barely four sentences. It doesn't drone on about anything. It gives two sentences to layout the feelings of it's members and a question made up of a further two sentences.

You say accepting of it but what you actually mean is open minded currently about it. You don't know what the end result is yet. How can that be accepting? What if RV's sale has happened so we can sign your favourite player Bigi? Will you be accepting of it? Or will you be wishing it was questioned sooner?

So Tony if a company offered to double your salary would you be de motivated if forced to stay?

Mowbray says he sat the player down and agreed it was in the best interests of the club that the player left.

Do you believe the manager or do you think - as the trust clearly does - he is just another sisu puppet.

skybluetony176

So Tony if a company offered to double your salary would you be de motivated if forced to stay?

Mowbray says he sat the player down and agreed it was in the best interests of the club that the player left.

Do you believe the manager or do you think - as the trust clearly does - he is just another sisu puppet.

So now he was offered double the wages. How do you know that?

Where has TM said that?

Believe what? The manager hasn't really said that much other than to trust him.

Where have the trust said that he's a SISU puppet?

I'll try asking again. If it turns out that RV was sold so we can bring in your favourite player Bigi will you be accepting of that?

Here's what TM actually said about the deal

"Importantly, the deal will give the club a chance to reinvest in fresh faces as we continue to build the squad for the upcoming season and look to produce a team that can compete at the top of this league. I'm sure Romain will be successful at his new club and we wish him the best of luck at Bradford."

And then this

“I know we’re losing a very talented boy who was fantastic for us last year – I sat with him in my office and talked it through and we decided it was right for him and right for me.

“I wish him well and, as I said to him in the office last night, I hope that Coventry and Bradford are the top two teams in the division next season.

It seems you're trying to rewrite what TM has actually said to a version that fits.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

When did the membership of the SBT get asked for their views on this?

Crikey. Talk about a selective question from a very small carefully selected quote of a detailed reply.

So you agree that they haven't criticised TM's management? You're certainly aren't disagreeing given the tiny tiny part of my reply you've picked out.

Users who are viewing this thread