Vincelot joins Bradford (2 Viewers)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Did the trust issue a statement when we released Thomas or signed Jodi Jones?

I've just asked a question. Thats all.

I'm just seeking clarification. That's all.

hill83

If I was Mowbray I'd be getting myself sacked by the end of the day. Because my swift response to the trust statement would be "Fuck off please, all the best"

skybluetony176

Seeking clarification from who?

Surely they would just ask at the SCG meeting tomorrow about Mowbray's plans he wants us to trust him with?

They have been posting on here asking for questions to ask at the meeting, but then ask their own in a random public statement? Why would they do that if it wasn't to get a reaction?

Whoever. TM has said trust us. Hardly clarification is it. CA has said diddly squat about budgets and like I've already pointed out to you that has an effect on TM's decision making.

It's not their own random question. It's asked on behalf of their members and the wider fan base and judging by the number of posters on here asking the same thing it's valid. They clearly did it to whip you into a frenzy, which worked. Seriously though, the reaction they want is a reply/clarification. Not to much to ask really, is it.

Nick

Administrator
Whoever. TM has said trust us. Hardly clarification is it. CA has said diddly squat about budgets and like I've already pointed out to you that has an effect on TM's decision making.

It's not their own random question. It's asked on behalf of their members and the wider fan base and judging by the number of posters on here asking the same thing it's valid. They clearly did it to whip you into a frenzy, which worked. Seriously though, the reaction they want is a reply/clarification. Not to much to ask really, is it.

Budgets have an influence on every team in the league. Pretty much every manager has to work with them.

Why didn't they just ask at the SCG meeting then?

It is a shame they don't ask many questions on behalf of fans that are wanted, but they ask ones that were answered already by the manager.

skybluetony176

Budgets have an influence on every team in the league. Pretty much every manager has to work with them.

Why didn't they just ask at the SCG meeting then?

It is a shame they don't ask many questions on behalf of fans that are wanted, but they ask ones that were answered already by the manager.

Yes and where does our budget fall in the league?

They probably didn't ask at the SCG meeting because it hasn't happened yet.

The manager has said trust us. Hardly an answer is it? It certainly isn't an explanation.

Shakeitup

In which case he is a liar isn't he?

If he is actively saying it is his fault and his choice and doing statements it is completely different.

Surely if nobody has faith in anything he says, he should go too?

I think your view is far too black and white and not taking into account the politics and necessity to "spin" thing.

I know for a fact that I have to put things in a positive light, even when I have epistemological differences with the policies I need to implement.

Nick

Administrator
Yes and where does our budget fall in the league?

They probably didn't ask at the SCG meeting because it hasn't happened yet.

The manager has said trust us. Hardly an answer is it? It certainly isn't an explanation.

So they come on here, asking for people's questions for them to ask but they just post theirs publicly? If you wanted an answer, do you think there is more chance of a response via a statement like that or at the meeting tomorrow?

Or you wait until the transfer window is finished, if we have no more signings when a lot more people will share the frustration.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I think your view is far too black and white and not taking into account the politics and necessity to "spin" thing.

I know for a fact that I have to put things in a positive light, even when I have epistemological differences with the policies I need to implement.

There is spinning it, and there is:

It was my decision – I pushed the button

skybluetony176

So they come on here, asking for people's questions for them to ask but they just post theirs publicly? If you wanted an answer, do you think there is more chance of a response via a statement like that or at the meeting tomorrow?

I think CA should answer it in writing. If he doesn't the trust shouldn't go to the meeting ;)

At the end of the day it's the question on the majority of fans lips. TM has said trust us and waffled a bit about infrastructure without actually explaining what that is. It's neither an answer or an explination. Is TM scheduled to be at the SCG to answer the question? Or Venus? Or Anderson? Maybe the people who can answer it won't be present at the SCG, did you consider that? Isn't it Wednesday, not tomorrow?

Nick

Administrator
I think CA should answer it in writing. If he doesn't the trust shouldn't go to the meeting ;)

At the end of the day it's the question on the majority of fans lips. TM has said trust us and waffled a bit about infrastructure without actually explaining what that is. It's neither an answer or an explination. Is TM scheduled to be at the SCG to answer the question? Or Venus? Or Anderson? Maybe the people who can answer it won't be present at the SCG, did you consider that? Isn't it Wednesday, not tomorrow?

So what is the point in having a supporters group meeting if nobody is there to actually answer any questions or talk about anything there?

It is quite clear it is just for the reaction.

It is just a shame they ignore some questions that fans ask them ask but go all out with others that barely anybody has asked.

Again, they should have waited until the season starts and transfer window ends before going on like that.

Shakeitup

There is spinning it, and there is:

The phrase "pull the trigger" sounds like he made a last minute decision to me. Not that it's part of a greater restructuring plan that SISU are supporting at the instigation of TM. That's how some folk on here are trying to spin it, or so it seems!

It could even mean he was told he had to pick a player to sell, after all, many on here thought it could be RCC or Stokes.

However, with a hand seven high I trust TM to bluff and do the best he can!

chiefdave

I thought it was a pisstake from armybike until I clicked on the link. What an embarrassment. If they believe what they have written shouldn't they be calling for Mowbray to be sacked.

Can't see this doing anything but harm, it will piss Mowbray off and piss Anderson off. What is it supposed to achieve?

Shakeitup

I thought it was a pisstake from armybike until I clicked on the link. What an embarrassment. If they believe what they have written shouldn't they be calling for Mowbray to be sacked.

Can't see this doing anything but harm, it will piss Mowbray off and piss Anderson off. What is it supposed to achieve?

Appease an element of the pissed off fans that are members?

Nick

Administrator
The phrase "pull the trigger" sounds like he made a last minute decision to me. Not that it's part of a greater restructuring plan that SISU are supporting at the instigation of TM. That's how some folk on here are trying to spin it, or so it seems!

It could even mean he was told he had to pick a player to sell, after all, many on here thought it could be RCC or Stokes.

However, with a hand seven high I trust TM to bluff and do the best he can!

Im not trying to spin it, that is what TM was saying.

Could it be lies? It could well be.

Shakeitup

Im not trying to spin it, that is what TM was saying.

Could it be lies? It could well be.

I don't quite get your insistence on the point of "liar" and "lies". I believe he decided to sell RV.

What I don't believe is that SISU are enabling TM and MV to do the job to the best of their ability.

Nick

Administrator
I don't quite get your insistence on the point of "liar" and "lies". I believe he decided to sell RV.

What I don't believe is that SISU are enabling TM and MV to do the job to the best of their ability.

Does every other manager not have to work with restraints then? I would guess most of League 1 and 2 do. Maybe not so the Chelseas / Man Utds.

skybluetony176

So what is the point in having a supporters group meeting if nobody is there to actually answer any questions or talk about anything there?

It is quite clear it is just for the reaction.

It is just a shame they ignore some questions that fans ask them ask but go all out with others that barely anybody has asked.

Again, they should have waited until the season starts and transfer window ends before going on like that.

What are you asking me for. I don't run it. I also never said that they wouldn't be there I asked how do you know that they will be.

If it was said for a reaction thank god you side stepped that land mine and didn't explode into a frenzy ;)

What questions have they ignored?

They'd be no point asking it after the season started. It would be like crying over spilt milk. Plus you'd probably only be moaning why they wasn't asking these questions before the season started.

skybluetony176

Why should they be calling for TM to be sacked?

Nick

Administrator
What are you asking me for. I don't run it. I also never said that they wouldn't be there I asked how do you know that they will be.

If it was said for a reaction thank god you side stepped that land mine and didn't explode into a frenzy ;)

What questions have they ignored?

They'd be no point asking it after the season started. It would be like crying over spilt milk. Plus you'd probably only be moaning why they wasn't asking these questions before the season started.

Yes, exactly a frenzy isn't it? God help anybody disagreeing with them!

So there is a point in asking now? With time to go for new players to come in?

Shakeitup

Does every other manager not have to work with restraints then? I would guess most of League 1 and 2 do. Maybe not so the Chelseas / Man Utds.

Of course they do. However, the restraints Coventry City are facing seem perilously analogous to those Blackpool faced.

ccfctommy

I am unhappy with the Vincelot sale but I don't think it requires a Trust statement. Managers decision wasn't it?

skybluetony176

Bit late for that isn't it? Still waiting for them to question the council, wasps etc about anything.

They have. Over the academy. Shame CA hasn't put in the same level of work as the trust on that isn't it. 1 letter and a refusal to go to a meeting. The definition of someone desperate to save the academy, not. Beside's using your logic the trust shouldn't even be asking questions on the academy until July 2017. You know after the boat has sailed.

Colin Steins Smile

Whilst I appreciate the angst regarding this sale. It is important to remember that we've always been a club that does deals to move the club in one direction or another. Examples being: a] Sale of Phil Babb led to Dion Dublin being signed. b] Kevin Gallagher being sold and Roy Wegerle being a part exchange element of the deal. c] Darren Huckerby and replaced with Robbie Keane, d] Bobby Gould and replaced with Neil Martin/John O'Rourke, etc.
On this occasion TM has analysed the situation and has decide to cash in to move in another direction. TM deserves time to sort this out. Lets wait and see what happens next.

Nick

Administrator
They have. Over the academy. Shame CA hasn't put in the same level of work as the trust on that isn't it. 1 letter and a refusal to go to a meeting. The definition of someone desperate to save the academy, not. Beside's using your logic the trust shouldn't even be asking questions on the academy until July 2017. You know after the boat has sailed.
Really? Where are the statements questioning each and every party about the different things?

Using my logic they would have just waited until the scg meeting to ask them where I'd be more likely to get an answer.

skybluetony176

Yes, exactly a frenzy isn't it? God help anybody disagreeing with them!

So there is a point in asking now? With time to go for new players to come in?

So far you've accused the trust of calling TM a liar, blurted out Wasps, blurted out CCC and made more post's on the thread about it than anyone else. No, of course you're not in a frenzy.

Of course there's a point in asking now. We're getting deep into the transfer window, we've not been that busy and the new season is just around the corner. There's no point doing it after the ship has sailed is there?

Nick

Administrator
I wondered how long it would take you to bring up the council and Wasps. I forgot they're the source of all evil for you!
No, it's an example of questions not being asked. As it was made out that it was only asked because fans had an issue. I didn't see anybody calling on the trust for a statement.

fernandopartridge

Whilst I appreciate the angst regarding this sale. It is important to remember that we've always been a club that does deals to move the club in one direction or another. Examples being: a] Sale of Phil Babb led to Dion Dublin being signed. b] Kevin Gallagher being sold and Roy Wegerle being a part exchange element of the deal. c] Darren Huckerby and replaced with Robbie Keane, d] Bobby Gould and replaced with Neil Martin/John O'Rourke, etc.
On this occasion TM has analysed the situation and has decide to cash in to move in another direction. TM deserves time to sort this out. Lets wait and see what happens next.
Good post.

Nick

Administrator
So far you've accused the trust of calling TM a liar, blurted out Wasps, blurted out CCC and made more post's on the thread about it than anyone else. No, of course you're not in a frenzy.

Of course there's a point in asking now. We're getting deep into the transfer window, we've not been that busy and the new season is just around the corner. There's no point doing it after the ship has sailed is there?

I'm not in a frenzy, quite clearly. If I was I'd be frothy mouthed making things up and shouting maddison money over and over.

It was pointless and will only piss people off.

Ask at the scg

skybluetony176

Really? Where are the statements questioning each and every party about the different things?

Using my logic they would have just waited until the scg meeting to ask them where I'd be more likely to get an answer.

They've done the following and it's more than just statement's.

http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index.php/114-latest-news/509-save-the-academy-sign-the-petition

http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index.php/114-latest-news/508-hope-for-sky-blues-academy

http://www.skybluetrust.co.uk/index...th-sides-must-spell-out-intentions-on-academy

Not quite as much as 1 letter and a refusal to go to a meeting but hey it's not like the trust get paid to do these things.

Users who are viewing this thread