Villa Scum (2 Viewers)

The Gentleman

Can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. As others have said about this, rivalry is healthy in sport like football because of it's tribal nature. It's your city, your club, your area and when fans from other clubs in the same city or city/town nearby is involved, it becomes more personal. To say it means nothing because teams aren't in the same divisions is bollocks, tell that to fans in the same cities such as Bristol, Birmingham, London and Sheffield. Or fans from cities/towns nearby that haven't played each other for years. I used to have an office in Brum and was with some Blues lads we know the first time they had played each other in years and it was f##king evil. Rivalry is built up over years and doesn't go away just because teams don't play for a few years.

Some are too young to remember the 'Villa days' or 'Wolves days' or even the 'Leicester days', but there are enough of us who do and you could bet your bottom dollar that if we got promoted to the same league or had them in a cup game then it would bring all of that rivalry back. Jesus, it's got to be better than Colchester away surely?

Finally, don't also believe that crap about the likes or Villa or Leicester not being bothered by us. Yes some aren't but they is still plenty who do hate us and would love to play us again.

The Gentleman

And as for 'that song' that seems to make some people want to hide, there was about 20 of us in Leamington yesterday for a drink and there were a few Villa about watching the game. Every time we seen a few the song went up and when Arsenal scored. Fuck all embarrassing about it and after the game a Villa fan came outside the pub we were in and joined in the song, funny as fuck!

sylus

tbh i actually enjoyed the cup final yesterday watching arsenal destroy the scum,it was great, i mean really great and also and i haven't read all the posts on this topic but we are still the last midlands team to have won the FA cup.

Como

I also watched the game and enjoyed it.

Certainly true it was very one sided and I doubt I would have watched it all the way through if not for the enjoyment of watching Villa humiliated.

LB87ccfc

Can't believe what I'm reading in this thread. As others have said about this, rivalry is healthy in sport like football because of it's tribal nature. It's your city, your club, your area and when fans from other clubs in the same city or city/town nearby is involved, it becomes more personal. To say it means nothing because teams aren't in the same divisions is bollocks, tell that to fans in the same cities such as Bristol, Birmingham, London and Sheffield. Or fans from cities/towns nearby that haven't played each other for years. I used to have an office in Brum and was with some Blues lads we know the first time they had played each other in years and it was f##king evil. Rivalry is built up over years and doesn't go away just because teams don't play for a few years.

Some are too young to remember the 'Villa days' or 'Wolves days' or even the 'Leicester days', but there are enough of us who do and you could bet your bottom dollar that if we got promoted to the same league or had them in a cup game then it would bring all of that rivalry back. Jesus, it's got to be better than Colchester away surely?

Finally, don't also believe that crap about the likes or Villa or Leicester not being bothered by us. Yes some aren't but they is still plenty who do hate us and would love to play us again.

Absolutely spot on post.

They are still very much bothered about us, Leicester still sing about us regularly as they do derby and forest.

I dread to think what it would be like if we ever met Villa or Leicester in the cup whilst we are in the lower reaches of football, it would not be pretty in the slightest.

Anyone believing they are not bothered about us or the rivalry would not come back if we clashed again, have a word with yourselves as it most definitely would.

ajsccfc

I can't really say I hate Villa or yearn for their demise as I haven't got the energy for all that, but watching Giroud score the fourth as the defence walked towards the tunnel made the scoreline quite harsh, and also quite hilarious.

letsallsingtogether

Any fans revelling in Villa losing yesterday need the heads testing. Villa fans don't even acknowledge our existence, let's try and focus on getting our own house in order so perhaps one day we might actually have a rivalry to talk about. The stupidity of our fans never ceases to amaze me.
I know I need my head testing Me laughing at how pathetic Villa were just seals it.......
DOCTOR. :)

LB87ccfc

Any fans revelling in Villa losing yesterday need the heads testing. Villa fans don't even acknowledge our existence, let's try and focus on getting our own house in order so perhaps one day we might actually have a rivalry to talk about. The stupidity of our fans never ceases to amaze me.

Its called Rivalry something you have clearly never understood over the years, rivalry does not just disappear, it carries on for years.

Ask Villa fans, I know quite a few of their lot who would love a crack at playing us again and they certainly don't like us, its maybe died down over the years due to no fixture together, but then the same happened between them and blues and it turned into a bloodbath when they met.

It certainly would not be pretty if we met again that is for sure, but just carry on with your internet blogs for now pal and let others have what is just a giggle on the forum about an old rival.

LJC_CCFC

Its called Rivalry something you have clearly never understood over the years, rivalry does not just disappear, it carries on for years.

Ask Villa fans, I know quite a few of their lot who would love a crack at playing us again and they certainly don't like us, its maybe died down over the years due to no fixture together, but then the same happened between them and blues and it turned into a bloodbath when they met.

It certainly would not be pretty if we met again that is for sure, but just carry on with your internet blogs for now pal and let others have what is just a giggle on the forum about an old rival.

Ok mate I'll carry on with my career in journalism (tears that you have to make it personal). I understand rivalry, I've asked Villa fans and they've said they literally don't care about us - why would they tbh.

Astute

Why are most agreeing on this subject but can't see that they are in agreement?

There is only one thing in common ATM. We are both shit. But we are Division 3 shit and they are Prem shit. There has been no rivalry for years as we haven't played for years. But if we got them in the cup next season it would be massive, although I would guess it would be bigger for us than them. They still play in big games. A lot of us (younger supporters mainly) have never seen us play a big game. And when we are in the same division as them they are about our biggest game but we come quite down their list. They have all the other brummie clubs that are more local than us.

LB87ccfc

Ok mate I'll carry on with my career in journalism (tears that you have to make it personal). I understand rivalry, I've asked Villa fans and they've said they literally don't care about us - why would they tbh.

First of all I was not trying to be personal, I merely thought writing blogs was a hobby of yours, all the best in your career by the way, its good to see a young lad choosing a good career than the many other ways of trying to make a living, so all the best.

Second point - You have obviously spoken to a certain type of Villa fan then pal, which again is your choice / opinion and you clearly have never witnessed a game between the two clubs in the past, or indeed been anywhere near them on away travels.

Take it from someone in the know matey, that they clearly would love a day out vs us, but its not worth arguing out as were both shit and at different ends of being shit lol so it will be a long time yet !

SkyBlueSid

The rivalry between City and Aston Villa dates back to the 1930s when there were some huge games before enormous crowds. After the war we were in different divisions, they were relegated the year we were promoted, so we didn't play them again until the 70s, except for a cup tie in 1965. Once we were both in Div.1 that rivalry reappeared immediately, and would do so again as soon as we were in the same league. Make no mistake, they do regard us as rivals unless too young to remember, and I live in an area full of Villa fans.

lordsummerisle

Never likde Villa, despite all my family on my mums side being Villa, my dads side all Man United( possibly why I'm so contrary all the time!).

Never got the Leicester hate thing, just never been on my radar football wise, but think that there is probably a North/South Divide when it comes to local rivalries within the Cov Support.

South Coventry, Leamington, Warwick, Stratford etc, City fans tend to dislike Villa as more Villa fans around in those areas,whereas North Coventry, North Warwickshire, Rugby, Bedworth, Nuneaton etc more likely to have Leicester fans around.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The "dislike" of Aston Villa by city fans is real and always has been. Just because we are in different divisions doesn't end the rivalry and why should it. It goes back decades. It is determined by a geographical proximity and is the same for any local teams. Do Newcastle suddenly pally up to Sunderland when they are in different divisions, or do the Sheffield rivalries not exist any more? No.
I'm not saying it's right nor wrong, but just how it is.

Anyone who disagrees simply doesn't understand football or is simply too young .

jimmyhillsfanclub

Yes there is a rivalry....but it is not strongly reciprocated from their side......certainly not in the same magnitude.

To compare it to real derby rivalries such as Sheffield or Tyne & Wear is quite frankly ridiculous though as all of our "rivals" have far more passionate & closer rivals themselves....

Villa & the Blues, Wolves & WBA, Leicester & Derby/Forest.....We are simply not first on anyone's rivals list.....meh!

Bumberclart

Born in Cov, brought up in Evesham (a Villa stronghold) and I despise Villa.
I've had loads of fun baiting Villa fans over the weekend via social media.
I'm 43 and remember away days at VP being one of the highlights of the calendar. Always a big Sky Blue turnout and a real edgy atmosphere. Anyone who was there in '92 (I think) when City stayed up because Notts County beat Luton, will tell you it was one of the best away days ever, even though we lost.
As others have said, all it takes in one cup game and the whole thing would go bonkers again.

The Gentleman

Yes there is a rivalry....but it is not strongly reciprocated from their side......certainly not in the same magnitude.

To compare it to real derby rivalries such as Sheffield or Tyne & Wear is quite frankly ridiculous though as all of our "rivals" have far more passionate & closer rivals themselves....

Villa & the Blues, Wolves & WBA, Leicester & Derby/Forest.....We are simply not first on anyone's rivals list.....meh!

Different experiences I suppose but pretty much every Villa fan I've come across hate us as much as we hate them and I've been in Villa's end twice at games against them and both times became very sticky with once in their main stand getting threatened with being stabbed by normal blokes who sussed we were Cov. So a bit more than them just being bothered by us. Also, worked with a lot on sites and they all would love to play us again and some even held us in the same regard as Blues for hatred.

Sometimes when you have teams from same cities the day of the games can be lively but can also be love ins at other times such as Liverpool and the smaller teams in London.

Disagree with the Forest/Derby/Leicester thing though, Forest and Derby yes but Leicester were always the wart on the arse of the East Midlands and the DLA (some will know what I'm on about) thing shows that, as that would never happen with a lot of teams.

The one thing I would love for next season would be a 3rd round draw (if we get there) at Villa Park, that would show those that think they don't care that much about us how wrong they are and for the ones that have never experienced it how it can get.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

We are not first on anyone else's list because they have closer geographical rivals, plain and simple.

I wasn't comparing our rivalry to the Villa with Sheffield or Tyneside. What I was actually alluring to was the idea that being in different divisions as your local rivals actually diminishes the rivalry is absolute nonsense. If anyone out there thinks for a second that Wolves and West Brom fans have somehow forgotten about each other because they are not in the same league then they are on another planet.

The rivalry with Villa goes deeper than just geographical proximity: there is , to many fans of the various midlands clubs, a dislike of Villa fans as being arrogant and seeing themselves as the big boys of the midlands. They are the biggest club and therefore are to be knocked by everyone else. The demise of Villa will be to the joy of everyone else in the West Mids.

LB87ccfc

Different experiences I suppose but pretty much every Villa fan I've come across hate us as much as we hate them and I've been in Villa's end twice at games against them and both times became very sticky with once in their main stand getting threatened with being stabbed by normal blokes who sussed we were Cov. So a bit more than them just being bothered by us. Also, worked with a lot on sites and they all would love to play us again and some even held us in the same regard as Blues for hatred.

Sometimes when you have teams from same cities the day of the games can be lively but can also be love ins at other times such as Liverpool and the smaller teams in London.

Disagree with the Forest/Derby/Leicester thing though, Forest and Derby yes but Leicester were always the wart on the arse of the East Midlands and the DLA (some will know what I'm on about) thing shows that, as that would never happen with a lot of teams.

The one thing I would love for next season would be a 3rd round draw (if we get there) at Villa Park, that would show those that think they don't care that much about us how wrong they are and for the ones that have never experienced it how it can get.

Another spot on and to the point post The Gentleman.

A cup draw vs Villa away.... certainly not one to take your kids too if it ever happened that is for sure.

Joy Division

Anyone here saying that Villa fans despise us and see us as rivals are talking absolute nonsense. I was born in Cov but moved to Birmingham at a young age and still live here now. I know or knew many many Villa fans, loads from school who gave me absolute grief growing up, work and a good proportion who are close friends still now. They either see us as an irrelevant local(ish) club just down the A45, find our plight highly amusing, think that our hatred towards them is even funnier or actually don't mind us as a club.

In order of rivalries in the midlands it goes like this Birmingham City>West Brom>Wolves>Walsall>Coventry. We are insignificant.

That said, I absolutely despise Villa but that is mostly for reasons of growing up here and getting stick daily from kids at school. But they really dont hate us as much as what some people are saying here, believe me.

Sick Boy

Another spot on and to the point post The Gentleman.

A cup draw vs Villa away.... certainly not one to take your kids too if it ever happened that is for sure.

That would be a great day out and I am sure that we'd be due an indifferent welcome from the locals. Maybe both sets of fans could all get together and watch some Sky Sports and wear 'half & half scarves'?

Astute

How many will dislike Villa if they sign Wilson like some are saying? Or are you allowed to go to Villa after leaving our club if there is a club in between?

The Gentleman

Anyone here saying that Villa fans despise us and see us as rivals are talking absolute nonsense. I was born in Cov but moved to Birmingham at a young age and still live here now. I know or knew many many Villa fans, loads from school who gave me absolute grief growing up, work and a good proportion who are close friends still now. They either see us as an irrelevant local(ish) club just down the A45, find our plight highly amusing, think that our hatred towards them is even funnier or actually don't mind us as a club.

In order of rivalries in the midlands it goes like this Birmingham City>West Brom>Wolves>Walsall>Coventry. We are insignificant.

That said, I absolutely despise Villa but that is mostly for reasons of growing up here and getting stick daily from kids at school. But they really dont hate us as much as what some people are saying here, believe me.

We obviously don't move in the same circles because the ones I know hate us, there is quite a few of them you know.

The Gentleman

How many will dislike Villa if they sign Wilson like some are saying? Or are you allowed to go to Villa after leaving our club if there is a club in between?

Rivals are rivals. They could have Lady Godiva topless around the Holte End and I'd still hate the fuckers. According to some, there are at least 10 clubs looking at Wilson so I doubt that Villa would be that high up on his wishlist.

Joy Division

We obviously don't move in the same circles because the ones I know hate us, there is quite a few of them you know.

Like I say, my circles are growing up and living in Birmingham and experiencing it first hand. Maybe they just hate you.

SkyblueBazza

They hate us so much that we are irrelevant to them...whilst we are in L1.

Your experience of their fans' tormenting is different to mine.

As has already been posted - were we to end up in the same division again...the hate would be back with a vengeance. Although for my part at least it never involves violence or verbal abuse outside of those I know & wish to offend!

PUSB

Joy Division

The hate was never there in the first place for it to come 'back'. Just saying how it really is, as much as people like to dress it up. It just not true.

turlykerd

I was close to being stabbed after a match at villa park in the 80,s... Only saved by a copper on horseback ..... Suffice to say, I'm not keen on the cunts !

Astute

I was close to being stabbed after a match at villa park in the 80,s... Only saved by a copper on horseback ..... Suffice to say, I'm not keen on the cunts !

Had more problems with the Zulu's than the Villa lot. And we didn't even have to be playing Brum for it to kick off with them.

Hobo

Suffice to say you must now love coppers?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Different experiences indeed....

I've been to villa park on many occasions over the years & I was there for the 3 key games of the last 20+ years.....the cup win, the 4-1 party & the 3-2 loss on relegation day.....

The only issue I ever had at their ground was trying & then eventually breaking through the police line after we were relegated as 3 of us wanted to get back to my car which was in the opposite direction to where they were herding us....

As I said at the start of my post, I'm not denying their is a bit of rivalry there....just not as much as many on here like to paint it....

Users who are viewing this thread