Viktor - Fitness (1 Viewer)

covboy1987

Going to preston wednesday and looking forward to watching Viktor hopefull adding to his goal tally - however my mate has said its doubful he will be playing and showed me a picture of his ankle swollen like a baloon - any updates?

clint van damme

Going to preston wednesday and looking forward to watching Viktor hopefull adding to his goal tally - however my mate has said its doubful he will be playing and showed me a picture of his ankle swollen like a baloon - any updates?

Not much seems to have been said about it.
Though with Godden suspended Tavares playing in the u23s yesterday may indicate that Vik is OK (or perhaps not!).

larry_david

Walker and Waghorn as a pairing doesn't fill me with confidence however Tyler is a finisher and if we supply him chances, he will score. Waghorn i'm not really sure how much he brings to the team so far.

rexo87

If Viktor is out we better not go Walker up front on his own. It will have to be Waghorn and Walker. Gyo is the only striker who can play up front on his own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

Also Robins in his post match interview just said swollen like a balloon. But that's all he said he didnt give much away. And why would you? As Preston will looking very closely and be working on a game plan for Vik.

Offhegoes

If Viktor is out we better not go Walker up front on his own. It will have to be Waghorn and Walker. Gyo is the only striker who can play up front on his own

Gyo hasn't started up front on his own this season has he? When he did the lone striker role last season he wasn't very good, Preston at home as I remember. I don't think any of our strikers can effectively play that role, and I would only be happy playing that formation if we had 2 attack minded midfielders behind the lone striker (not Hamer or Allen). Perhaps O'Hare and Jones / Bright.

rexo87

Gyo hasn't started up front on his own this season has he? When he did the lone striker role last season he wasn't very good, Preston at home as I remember. I don't think any of our strikers can effectively play that role, and I would only be happy playing that formation if we had 2 attack minded midfielders behind the lone striker (not Hamer or Allen). Perhaps O'Hare and Jones / Bright.

He played on his own against Blackpool and was absolutely fantastic with Allen and Ohare behind. He played with Biamou against Preston IIRC. He has all the attributes to play on his own up front. Also played on his own second half away at Huddersfield last season and was very good then as well (after we were poor first half with 2 up front)

Garryb80

Walker and Waghorn as a pairing doesn't fill me with confidence however Tyler is a finisher and if we supply him chances, he will score. Waghorn i'm not really sure how much he brings to the team so far.
He was a great partner for viktor getting all those goals.

CDK

Walker is a great finisher along side Waghorn as I can't see gyok playing as out injured.

SkyBlueScottie

Smellygraph suggesting Walker and Waghorn start tomorrow, with Tavares potentially on the bench, doesn't really mention whether Vik will be available. My only concern is whether they actually know whether there is an issue yet, after all its difficult to diagnose when it's so swollen. However, it looks as though he didn't leave the ground with a protective boot on it, so that may be promising.

Sky Blue Pete

Smellygraph suggesting Walker and Waghorn start tomorrow, with Tavares potentially on the bench, doesn't really mention whether Vik will be available. My only concern is whether they actually know whether there is an issue yet, after all its difficult to diagnose when it's so swollen. However, it looks as though he didn't leave the ground with a protective boot on it, so that may be promising.
They should ask shouldn’t they

slowpoke

Looking at that picture again it does seem a nasty bruise but I’d have thought if it was joint or ligament injury he would have had one of those boot things on as a precaution. Wether it clears up in time for tonight though not sure, but should it not we have good options within the squad.

covboy1987

Looking at that picture again it does seem a nasty bruise but I’d have thought if it was joint or ligament injury he would have had one of those boot things on as a precaution. Wether it clears up in time for tonight though not sure, but should it not we have good options within the squad.
Dont think he has a chance of taking part tonight looking at the pictiures of his ankle - They would not want to risk further damage and secondly having experienced ankle injuries through football a normal twist is 3 to 4 weeks recovery. They havent released the extent as yet could be worse - They also havent said if he s playing or not? which is probably not showing robins hand with his attack line up

better days

Dont think he has a chance of taking part tonight looking at the pictiures of his ankle - They would not want to risk further damage and secondly having experienced ankle injuries through football a normal twist is 3 to 4 weeks recovery. They havent released the extent as yet could be worse - They also havent said if he s playing or not? which is probably not showing robins hand with his attack line up
I've heard it's not as bad as first feared
Not sure if he will be risked tonight though

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Might be a really silly question, but just how the heck is his surname pronounced? I must have heard at least three different ways during various commentaries. :unsure: o_O

Users who are viewing this thread