Viktor - Fitness (1 Viewer)

vow

Isn't the picture a trick of the light, basically his knee in front of his ankle, which looks like a big ol' swollen ankle? šŸ¤”
Ā 

The Philosopher

We will miss his physicality, hold up play and height if he doesnā€™t play. Our other strikers donā€™t lead the line - they are primarily ones who run off the shoulder of the defenders

I pointed this out before and got the stat-gimps biting.

Fingers crossed heā€™s ok.

Any decent free agent target men out there, does anyone know? In the meantime get Tavares on the rack and feed him raw steak.
Ā 

Brighton Sky Blue

We will miss his physicality, hold up play and height if he doesnā€™t play. Our other strikers donā€™t lead the line - they are primarily ones who run off the shoulder of the defenders

Any decent free agent target men out there, does anyone know? In the meantime get Tavares on the rack and feed him raw steak.

Could try and lure Shearer from the BBC
Ā 

Grendel

Not really you said Biamou could do a holding job and he had the strength of a jellyfish and was rubbish in the air
Ā 
Reactions: Seb

The Philosopher

Not really you said Biamou could do a holding job and he had the strength of a jellyfish and was rubbish in the air
Walker 5ā€™10ā€
Waghorn 5ā€™10ā€
Godden 5,9ā€ including quiff

Biamou 6ā€™1ā€

(Wiki)

But anyway. Iā€™m sure you think youā€™re right and Max was the physically weaker of that lot.
Ā 

The Philosopher

I guess we need a 7 foot tall bloke from Solihull?
Still think he needs to watched. Creates a problem for opponents if heā€™s in the squad. Akinfenwa was always a problem (different type altogether - yes) but his mere presence on the bench affected opponent strategy / subs etc.

80th minute? 6ā€™9ā€ bloke comes on and starts standing in front of the keeper for corners? Itā€™s another dimension.

Iā€™ll stick to my musings, you keep being you in general - makes for entertainment.
Ā 

Brighton Sky Blue

Still think he needs to watched. Creates a problem for opponents if heā€™s in the squad. Akinfenwa was always a problem (different type altogether - yes) but his mere presence on the bench affected opponent strategy / subs etc.

80th minute? 6ā€™9ā€ bloke comes on and starts standing in front of the keeper for corners? Itā€™s another dimension.

Iā€™ll stick to my musings, you keep being you in general - makes for entertainment.

Maybe we should sign a really fat bloke to go in goal
Ā 

SlowerThanPlatt

He has started 1 game for Solihull Moors this season - thereā€™s literally nothing to suggest he has something to offer us. Other than being tall.
Ā 

Frostie

I've seen him, he's not the answer.

Plenty of scope to improve but at the minute he can't get into a mid table National League team.
Ā 

The Philosopher

Maybe we should sign a really fat bloke to go in goal
That William ā€œFattyā€ Foulke was ok. (Satire)
He has started 1 game for Solihull Moors this season - thereā€™s literally nothing to suggest he has something to offer us. Other than being tall.
Thatā€™s true, at the time I ventured the thought heā€™d been starting more regularly. Things change.

Heā€™s 21 and wonā€™t be getting the development Moors that he would be in our u23ā€™s (no offence intended to Moors).

Celtic, Man City weā€™re strongly rumoured to be monitoring him. Obviously his height being a factor - I agree. Iā€™m sure others are looking - he may well be rubbish but he needs us to monitor him at least. He may end up be a Dexter Walters, Reece A, Bouwe B; he may end up a Sam McCallum.

Itā€™d be a shame if he got snapped up and we missed someone on our doorstep.

Allow me to flip this: who have we got in our development squad with height / physicality who plays up front?
Ā 

The Philosopher

I've seen him, he's not the answer.

Plenty of scope to improve but at the minute he can't get into a mid table National League team.
Fair enough if youā€™ve seen him a few times. I was going off the Man City & Celtic rumours. Possibly agent shenanigans - granted.

I note you say that he has scope to improve and with us being the nearest (travel time wise) professional club with a decent development set up to where he is, it was something I thought worth looking at.

Nothing more.
Ā 
Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

With the Solihull Moors lad you would think he'd be the kind of person we'd bring into the U23's just to see how he develops. We've taken on youngsters from lower than Solihull.
Ā 

SlowerThanPlatt

Heā€™s 21 - at that age a ā€œdevelopmentā€ player should be close to the first team squad like Eccles or out on loan to a league club
Ā 

The Philosopher

Suppose Bapaga was at Grimsby permanently, which of the two would you take?
Iā€™d take both if we had the resources.

Some you win. Offer them Hilssner, Jobello or whoever in exchange. (My point being that sometimes risks work out spectacularly (Sam Mc) sometimes horribly wrong). 21 year old local lad? We donā€™t have to travel far to look at him and homesickness isnā€™t a factor. šŸ˜„
Ā 

The Philosopher

Heā€™s 21 - at that age a ā€œdevelopmentā€ player should be close to the first team squad like Eccles or out on loan to a league club
Yes, but has he had proper training in a proper set up? Canā€™t see heā€™s come through any serious youth system yet is still level 5. Heā€™s gone the wrong way round as far as I can see.

Look, Iā€™m not saying youā€™re totally blinkered and stubborn in your writing him off, Iā€™m merely suggesting that he might be a good punt to draft into the u23s.
Ā 

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Suppose Bapaga was at Grimsby permanently, which of the two would you take?

I've not seen a great deal of Hudlin but Bapaga would be the more skillful player and have more potential.

But Hudlin is a totally different type of player and one you'd probably bring in for very specific situations, mostly based around playing direct when you're in need of a goal.

He may well have been looked at and the coaches don't think he's up to doing even that basic job at a half decent level.
Ā 

Brighton Sky Blue

Iā€™d take both if we had the resources.

Some you win. Offer them Hilssner, Jobello or whoever in exchange. (My point being that sometimes risks work out spectacularly (Sam Mc) sometimes horribly wrong). 21 year old local lad? We donā€™t have to travel far to look at him and homesickness isnā€™t a factor. šŸ˜„

Well on this seasonā€™s efforts Bapaga is far ahead
Ā 

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes, but has he had proper training in a proper set up? Canā€™t see heā€™s come through any serious youth system yet is still level 5. Heā€™s gone the wrong way round as far as I can see.

Look, Iā€™m not saying youā€™re totally blinkered and stubborn in your writing him off, Iā€™m merely suggesting that he might be a good punt to draft into the u23s.

Knowing how U23 set ups function I donā€™t think theyā€™d signing in a 21yo to play. Heā€™d be sent out on loan like the other older 23s we have Billson, Burroughs and Cashman. Drysdale would have too if was fit.

Wilson was a late breakthrough at 21 but scored 20 goals in League 1
Ā 

Brighton Sky Blue

Knowing how U23 set ups function I donā€™t think theyā€™d signing in a 21yo to play. Heā€™d be sent out on loan like the other older 23s we have Billson, Burroughs and Cashman. Drysdale would have too if was fit.

Wilson was a late breakthrough at 21 but scored 20 goals in League 1

Begs the question is Jamie Vardy an exception or are there more who could be late bloomers in the right environment?
Ā 

Grendel

This is what i have heard as well. Unlikely we will see him tonight but it's not the 3 to 4 weeks or longer some people have bandied about

Who did you hear it from - Tony?
Ā 

Users who are viewing this thread