Vik 🇸🇪 (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

I hope Brighton haven’t got a buy back clause.

D

Deleted member 2477

if we were to lose him this season it would be a massive loss.

harvey098

Can’t really see him leaving in Jan. possibly in the summer but can’t imagine the fee would be that different between January and the Summer so might as well see if he can keep us in with a shout of the play offs

Brighton Sky Blue

Can’t really see him leaving in Jan. possibly in the summer but can’t imagine the fee would be that different between January and the Summer so might as well see if he can keep us in with a shout of the play offs

It would actually be that different if he added another 10-15 goals in the second half of the season, got some more international call ups and so on. Watkins scored 25 then went for £30 million. Gyo having another 2 years to run would be worth 20-30 if he manages a similar tally. Less than what Brentford got given our finances though.

harvey098

I genuinely wouldn’t be distraught if we lost any player though. That’s the beauty of what Robins has done over the past 5 years is he’s built a team.

You could say we relied on McNulty’s goals or Goddens goals or now Gyok’s goals but if it wasn’t them, it would’ve been someone else. When we inevitably sell our current “best” again, he will keep improving us year on year as has been the case no matter which personal has been bought in / out.

Great_Expectations

We’re watching the evolution and development of a top class player. It’s genuinely a joy to watch him improve week after week.

He’s absolutely our main man and it’s feels as though everytime he gets the ball something will happen, or at the very least he won’t lose the ball.

Enjoy it while we can.

mds

Hey, Victor, i hear you been called up to the Sweden squad is that true? Yes, why? Who you replacing? Ibrahimović! Who? Zlatan Ibrahimović. Who? Zlatan fucking Ibrahimović, the guy is replacing a legend, i know he`s injured and all but fuckinel if someone asks who you replaced in the national squad what a name to drop ;)

shmmeee

Wish he’d got that hat-trick on Saturday. Absolutely top save to stop it.

Thought Robins was funny in his post match interview. Apparently Vik was fuming and said “you’ve done it again, taken me off before I could get my hat trick” and Robins said “I gave you fifteen minutes what more do you want?” (Or something along those lines).

fatso

2015–2018IF Brommapojkarna 56(20)
2018–2021Brighton & Hove Albion0(0)
2019–2020→ FC St. Pauli (loan)26(7)
2020–2021→ Swansea City (loan)11(0)
2021→ Coventry City (loan)19(3)
2021–Coventry City11(9)
National team‡
2015–2018Sweden U19 18(10)
2019–2020Sweden U21 8(4)
2019–Sweden 2(1)

Looking at his stats he has generally scored a decent number of goals when he has got going
A lot of those appearances were as a late sub, so hardly do him justice.

skyblu3sk

This gives you an idea of Goals per minute currently averaging out at a goal every 191 mins which would be about 20 goals if he played every minute of every game in a championship season however this season alone would be one every 102 mins which is a massive step up and obviously if he carries on at that rate its about 35 goals.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211004-071811_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211004-071811_Chrome.jpg
    517.5 KB · Views: 20

The Philosopher

Really pleased that Viktor has got the call up he deserves.

The only downside I guess is that it’ll disrupt planning for how we set up to play against Blackburn. Not having him for set piece practice for example is a problem (not sure who his stunt man is in the squad?, it’s what I’ve been boring on about - no one to stand in for 6’2” Vik, is that Rus fella a unit? I don’t know)

And no, I’m not going to mention any jobless Frenchmen.

But hey, when was the last time we got players called up for decent international teams? - it’s a sign of how far we’ve come.

The Philosopher

Out of interest do we cover our debt to SISU if we sell a player for 20 mil?
Depends on how you calculate the debt, in any case it might be irrelevant - watching back on Sky did anyone see Joy’s beaming face in the crowd next to Tim?

The Prem jackpot isn’t a huge pipe dream - squeeze the playoffs and a couple of great / lucky performances…..(I’m not being negative, just trying to temper my own expectations) - why risk that?

Of course she might have caught the SkyBlue bug finally. It happens - she is only human

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Depends on how you calculate the debt, in any case it might be irrelevant - watching back on Sky did anyone see Joy’s beaming face in the crowd next to Tim?

The Prem jackpot isn’t a huge pipe dream - squeeze the playoffs and a couple of great / lucky performances…..(I’m not being negative, just trying to temper my own expectations) - why risk that?

Of course she might have caught the SkyBlue bug finally. It happens - she is only human
I mean she may have a passing interest but let’s face it - her loyalties are to her investors. I’m more looking at an end game scenario.

we sell Gyokeres 20m - it theoretically clears what we owe them. All of a sudden we’re debt free and a championship club with potential (however with long term stadium issues)

we could all of a sudden be an attractive option for someone looking to buy a football club.

shmmeee

I mean she may have a passing interest but let’s face it - her loyalties are to her investors. I’m more looking at an end game scenario.

we sell Gyokeres 20m - it theoretically clears what we owe them. All of a sudden we’re debt free and a championship club with potential (however with long term stadium issues)

we could all of a sudden be an attractive option for someone looking to buy a football club.

Think we owe them a lot more than £20m don’t we? I had £60/70m in my head but could be way off. Grendel or OSB will know.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Think we owe them a lot more than £20m don’t we? I had £60/70m in my head but could be way off. Grendel or OSB will know.
I thought the accounts said £60 mil but I may have misunderstood, but sure I read from one of those that the actual debt was around £20 million.

again, may have misunderstood

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think it depends on if you're going with the actual amount invested or investment + return.

The Philosopher

I waffled about this last week.

I think a big chunk of the “60/70m” debt was the conditional amount we’d have to pay GR on Premiership return meaning the “SISU” amount was about half. I think the GR amount has expired / got written off in the admin.

I might be wrong.

SleepyGinger

Seen a video of all his goals this season and one thing I noticed was his reaction to scoring. Against Forest it’s like he couldn’t believe he scored compared to his goals vs Peterborough and Fulham where he looked like he knew he was going to score. Can see the confidence beaming off him.

Users who are viewing this thread