Vale Park (3 Viewers)

Gaz71

I agree that when we played at the Ricoh it lacked atmosphere, but why didn't we change the layout to benefit the home team, after visiting the walkers stadium, I was impressed how they allowed there louder supporters to sit either side of our away allocation seated in the corner, even allowing the drummer into a regular position close to the away fans seemed effective for the home team.

Sky Blue Harry H

I agree that when we played at the Ricoh it lacked atmosphere, but why didn't we change the layout to benefit the home team, after visiting the walkers stadium, I was impressed how they allowed there louder supporters to sit either side of our away allocation seated in the corner, even allowing the drummer into a regular position close to the away fans seemed effective for the home team.

These are the little things that Jimmy Hill used to like to pick up on - little aspects to give an advantage to the team. I can still remember David Ginola looking incredulous when Jimmy said he thought the Rumanian players had an advantage when they'd all dyed their hair (yellow or red?) for a World Cup game as they'd pick out a pass more easily.

Gaz71

These are the little things that Jimmy Hill used to like to pick up on - little aspects to give an advantage to the team. I can still remember David Ginola looking incredulous when Jimmy said he thought the Rumanian players had an advantage when they'd all dyed their hair (yellow or red?) for a World Cup game as they'd pick out a pass more easily.

David Ginola's incredulous look was only because he was panicking about what L'oreal hair product would work best on the Romanian teams peroxide bonce's

Gynnsthetonic

To me the club was ruined when we left our soul behind and went to the Bowl stadium at the M6 junction, football to me is all about the build up, the street corner pubs and chip shops outside the ground, no reason why with a traditional stadium you cannot have a decent football team in championship and prem

pusbccfc

Atmosphere can be made anywhere.

9000 fans could make an atmosphere but 8000 of them sat down an didn't make a noise again.

Anyone go to the Japan game in the Olympics...
Around 14000 in attendance and it was one of the best atmospheres I've seen there.

A lot of it too is down to success, games like Blackburn in the Fa Cup, Preston in the jpt, and fixtures against Blues and Leicester created an atmosphere

The Ricoh as a structure is far better than any other similar bowls.

Stafford_SkBlue

"The Ricoh as a structure is far better than any other similar bowls."

Hmm much perfer MK dons - which is tiered, although last season the top tier was mothballed. They can also add a third tier within the roof structure creating a 45,000 stadium.
Due to the tiers you can view the pitch from the food and drink floor, and are not enclosed by the stands as at the Ricoh. Same designers as the Emirates.

bigfatronssba

To me the club was ruined when we left our soul behind and went to the Bowl stadium at the M6 junction, football to me is all about the build up, the street corner pubs and chip shops outside the ground, no reason why with a traditional stadium you cannot have a decent football team in championship and prem

No doubt some fans thought the same in 1903 about the out of town souless Highfield Road longing for a return to the charismatic Dowells Field.

bigfatronssba

Hmm much perfer MK dons - which is tiered, although last season the top tier was mothballed. They can also add a third tier within the roof structure creating a 45,000 stadium.
Due to the tiers you can view the pitch from the food and drink floor, and are not enclosed by the stands as at the Ricoh. Same designers as the Emirates.

Being able to see the pitch from the concourse creates problems with serving alcohol though.

pusbccfc

Love the concourse, but the fact it isn't complete made it a stadium I'm yet to like.

bigfatronssba

The whole of Milton Keynes feels manufactured and wrong. I include the stadium in that.

Users who are viewing this thread