Utter freakin' genius (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

20 odd years ago Norwich's crowds were through the floor, they were doing dad and lad for a £
Free tickets for schools, all sorts of giveaways. It did cause a little bad feeling with some ST
Holders, though I think most could see the logic.
They don't need to do it anymore, in fact they're looking to increase capacity, not only that but
They have a relatively young fanbase who then introduce their own children.
City should have been doing this sort of thing years ago. IMHO

This did happen years ago at CCFC Bry... It was called "Pop and Crisps" mate ;)

R

RB1992

As a former student myself, I can categorically state 95% of them are waster tramps and 100% of them will never come again after being offered a free ticket once.

Nick

Administrator
As a former student myself, I can categorically state 95% of them are waster tramps and 100% of them will never come again after being offered a free ticket once.

Are they all?

Must admit, I don't know any round here but have seen some of the foreign ones who are rocking around in brand new BMWs.

Can't say whether they will come back or not though.

ccfc92

Don't see any issue with this at all. As long as the tickets are used and not just thrown in the bin, but even then, it's not like we are selling out every game.

Not sure what the OP is trying to get at either, chances are this is all down to CCFC marketing managers or a SBITC initiative, nothing to do with SISU. The potential to reach out to a potential fan base definitely isn't in SISU's expertise ;)

Hopefully, even if 100 of them return, they go regularly, spend money towards the club etc, then it's a good idea.

Chipfat

Good idea and should of been done years ago, but as with Sisu timing is more important than the actual project, call me cynical but this has a bit of desperation about it. As for Wasps being brought in on it again the difference with what they did it was an instant thought and plan, not oh my god 8 years on how do we get more in the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very different no matter how much i dont like them being in the city.

Also don't be shocked if the club are trying to strike a deal for the academy to be based at the Uni in the future.

Nick

Administrator
Good idea and should of been done years ago, but as with Sisu timing is more important than the actual project, call me cynical but this has a bit of desperation about it. As for Wasps being brought in on it again the difference with what they did it was an instant thought and plan, not oh my god 8 years on how do we get more in the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very different no matter how much i dont like them being in the city.

If it was desperation they would have picked the Rochdale match ;)

Chipfat

Jesus Nick, i'm not going to get into a debate in regards to Sisu being desperate or not. In my opinion they have been desperate since the day Rays dream went out the window!!!!!

It also might be building up to Rochdale, JSB'S, Student's, School's and local businesses will all be thrown free tickets if they feel the boycott of that game has got traction.

Nick

Administrator
Jesus Nick, i'm not going to get into a debate in regards to Sisu being desperate or not. In my opinion they have been desperate since the day Rays dream went out the window!!!!!

No, I am just saying if they were desperate then common sense says they would give them away then.

I think it probably links to the new commercial manager I think they have just hired.

I agree and I have said for years the marketing and PR is shite.

I doubt this is actually anything to do with SISU anyway, it will be down to the staff.

Hobo

About time. Cov and Warwick Uni must be full of football fans.

Moff

Leicester did it and found a new owner worth billions because of his son going. Maybe it is SISU's plan z.

Sisu are not that clever, but a relevant point at how Leicester got their new owners, he studied there. Can we try giving out more tickets ;)

skybluedan

chiefdave

OP is on the wind up isn't he? Given that the council claim a lot of our Uni students stay in the area after studying this is a great idea. Who cares if they get some free tickets. They'll have to pay for the rest of their life sentence like the rest of us.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They should do this every week with different audiences, especially to encourage kids from the local schools that are brainwashed by Chelsea, Man Utd et al.

It's not like we haven't got 500 seats to spare!

ajsccfc

I think they should look into local companies too. When they do/did them at Warwick the offers were available to staff as well as students, you've got more chance of hooking locals that way I'd have thought.

Manchester_sky_blue

Whose nobwit idea was this?

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/students-university-coventry-tickets-3329651.aspx

Is there anything more this club can do to piss off local supporters? Why should work shy lazy students be given 500 free tickets, we all know they are not going to return again after their freebie. FFS, get a grip SISU and fuck off now!

Believe me, the days of lazy students disappeared the day the fees went to £9k a year. I work in a University and the students are so terrified of failing now and being saddled with massive debt and nowt to show for it that they all spend their evenings and weekends studying rather than drinking. In our faculty an awful lot of the students work 25+ hours a week to try and support themselves through their degree.

torchomatic

20 odd years ago Norwich's crowds were through the floor, they were doing dad and lad for a £
Free tickets for schools, all sorts of giveaways. It did cause a little bad feeling with some ST
Holders, though I think most could see the logic.
They don't need to do it anymore, in fact they're looking to increase capacity, not only that but
They have a relatively young fanbase who then introduce their own children.
City should have been doing this sort of thing years ago. IMHO

I wonder why? As a season ticket holder I don't mind what the club does to increase attendance.

The Reverend Skyblue

As a 53 year old Mature student in his second year of an engineering degree at the University of East Anglia I can assure the OP that the last thing the majority of students are is work shy and lazy.

We go in every day from 9 to 6 which doesn't include my 3 hour round drive, to then come home to face two hours coursework, its been the hardest ,both physically and mentally , difficult thing i've ever done, and a lot of my class have similarly long days so I get fucked off when people moan like fuck about lazy work shy people having an easy life.

I've been a manual worker all my working life but cant do this anymore due to an accident so I'm trying to change my life for the better and contribute more to the nations economy, as are my fellow students, so please stop with that crap.

As for giving out free tickets to uni's ,they should have been doing this years ago, Wasps have been doing it since they came to the city and seems to attract regular paying customers, even if it a small percentage of the tickets given out.

I don't know if the OP has seen the ocean of empty skyblue seats on matchday's, they need filling somehow and I applaud the club whole heartingly with this initiative

Last edited:

The Reverend Skyblue

work shy lazy students...who are working to further their education and be more attractive in the labour market, probably get abetter salary, and end up paying more tax

Exactly this.
Of the 25 students in my class, I think seven go to watch Norwich regularly, most season ticket holders. None are from Norwich or been to Norwich before Uni, most are from abroad. Two for instance are from Australia who spend every matchday watching Norwich home and away, the five others just go home games. Those from overseas had never heard of Norwich FC before coming here but now absolutely love the club now spending a lot of money on them, and will most likely be supporters and customers for life now.

Its a huge market Cov should try and tap into, I don't now the numbers at the two Uni's in Coventry but there is about 18000 at the UEA who all could be potential customers and as I say Norwich FC have tapped very successfully into my Uni and they feel the benefit many times over

Last edited:

hill83

My eldest went to watch Huddersfield Town last night using tickets that a friend had got through Uni for £1 each.
I'd rather see the stands full of kids paying £1 than rows of empty seats.

Especially work shy lazy seats like the majority of the ones at the Ricoh doing nothing.

clint van damme

Exactly this.
Of the 25 students in my class, I think seven go to watch Norwich regularly, most season ticket holders. None are from Norwich, half are from abroad, two for instance are from Australia who spend every matchday watching Norwich home and away. The five others just go home. Those from overseas had never heard of Norwich FC but absolutely love the club now and spend a lot of money on them, and will most likely be supporters and customers for life now.

Its a huge market Cov should try and tap into, I don't now the numbers at the two Uni's in Coventry but there is about 18000 at the UEA who all could be potential customers and as I say Norwich FC have tapped very successfully into my Uni and they feel the benefit many times over

all the more admirable when you factor in the amount of time you spend on here talking shite:p

clint van damme

As a 53 year old Mature student in his second year of an engineering degree at the University of East Anglia I can assure the OP that the last thing the majority of students are is work shy and lazy.

I go in every day from 9 to 6 which don't include the 3 hour round drive and then come home to face two hours coursework, its been the hardest physically and mentally difficult thing i've ever done, and a lot of my class have similarly long days so I get fucked off when people moan like fuck about lazy work shy people having an easy life.

I've been a manual worker all my working life but cant do this anymore due to an accident so I'm trying to change my life for the better and contribute more to the nations economy, as are my fellow students, so please stop with that crap.

As for giving out free tickets to uni's ,they should have been doing this years ago, Wasps have been doing it since they came to the city and seems to attract regular paying customers, even if it a small percentage of the tickets given out.

I don't know if the OP has seen the ocean of empty skyblue seats on matchday's, they need filling somehow and I applaud the club whole heartingly with this initiative

The Reverend Skyblue

all the more admirable when you factor in the amount of time you spend on here talking shite:p
Wednesday afternoons is always left free for sports activities ,but as I'm physically knackered its my catch up day on things I'm behind on. I doubt you will catch me on here during the day now Uni has restarted.
I think I post my main crap/shite late Fridays and Saturdays after a whisky or two.

AndreasB

Whose nobwit idea was this?

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/students-university-coventry-tickets-3329651.aspx

Is there anything more this club can do to piss off local supporters? Why should work shy lazy students be given 500 free tickets, we all know they are not going to return again after their freebie. FFS, get a grip SISU and fuck off now!

Missed out on the University Experience did you Hugh? Pity they didn't do A levels in Bigotry, Jealousy and Ignorance. You would have got straight As.

And failed Business Studies of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread