Utter freakin' genius (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Haven't people been saying for years the club should try and integrate with the unis?

Can't really see much of an issue with it to be honest , apart from the fact we should be doing it every year to both unis.

All this thread shows is they wont be able to win either way.

ajsccfc

While I've seen a few students just wasting time on Youtube at 8am, the work most of them puts in makes me exhausted to just think about.

clint van damme

Man City do something similar.
My nephews a Sky Blue but he went to a few games at the Etihad when he was up there.

Terry Gibson's perm

Good idea they have more spare cash than most of us just been Aylesbury and they are wasting their money buying Pokemon rubbish

lifeskyblue

Yes we should work with the units. In Leicester for all home games students and staff at one of the unis can apply for tickets (I have won on a couple of occasions...when CCFC have been away...encourages some to take a greater interest in football and for some is a first time experience. Good to see a football club working with different sections of its community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfcway

We used to get free tickets to Nottingham Forest games when I was at Uni there. I didn't go myself, but a few people I knew did and 1 or 2 who stayed there still do.

well worth doing even if they get a retention rate of 5%. Its not like these are seats that will be sat on if they don't turn up.

I'd seriously think about having a "thank you for supporting us" game in that tin pot cup, where all seats are free.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Always thought club should have done this by offering ticket and coach to the ground say £10 cover travel costs and then as they get off the coach have merchandise stand or a club shop in front of them I'm sure international students would be all over souvenirs.

Probably too late in the CCFC say now but back in 'happier' times this good have worked.

Frankley

Whose nobwit idea was this?

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/students-university-coventry-tickets-3329651.aspx

Is there anything more this club can do to piss off local supporters? Why should work shy lazy students be given 500 free tickets, we all know they are not going to return again after their freebie. FFS, get a grip SISU and fuck off now!

CCFC has given tickets to Coventry University Students' Union before, what is different this time is the number of tickets.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong in the club trying to attract interest from people who are likely to be in the city for the next 3 or 4 years. If some come back to see future matches wouldn't that be a good thing?

In the 1990s and into the early 2000s Coventry University had a very good relationship with the club. The then Vice Chancellor (Michael Goldstein) used to attend games frequently and the university used to be a match day sponsor at least once a season.

I think the club should be trying to foster closer links with the university.

Rodders1

Think it's a great idea. We'll just about fit them in. In fact if they could all bring ten mates that would be even better....

torchomatic

Good idea. Something we've said on here for years. Massive potential fan base there.

robbiekeane

Whose nobwit idea was this?

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/students-university-coventry-tickets-3329651.aspx

Is there anything more this club can do to piss off local supporters? Why should work shy lazy students be given 500 free tickets, we all know they are not going to return again after their freebie. FFS, get a grip SISU and fuck off now!
work shy lazy students...who are working to further their education and be more attractive in the labour market, probably get abetter salary, and end up paying more tax

Brylowes

20 odd years ago Norwich's crowds were through the floor, they were doing dad and lad for a £
Free tickets for schools, all sorts of giveaways. It did cause a little bad feeling with some ST
Holders, though I think most could see the logic.
They don't need to do it anymore, in fact they're looking to increase capacity, not only that but
They have a relatively young fanbase who then introduce their own children.
City should have been doing this sort of thing years ago. IMHO

OffenhamSkyBlue

I started going up the City when I was a student at Warwick Uni back in 1982. No free ticket, mind you - I went of my own accord. But I've been loyal ever since. I'm sure a few of the 500 given freebies will be stayers. They are apparently going to be including Warwick Uni students too, later in the season (presumably when we're top of the table!)

Nick

Administrator
What they should do is have a stall selling these in Sky Blue at a fiver a go:

Cheap-Unique-Flashing-Stick-Wand.jpg

https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60105992918.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.CrKiwN

Cost is $0.35, just put a CCFC badge on and sell for a fiver...

Students + Kids all over them, look good at a night game.

Users who are viewing this thread