USSR invades Ukraine. (8 Viewers)

Sick Boy

A very grim read.

People who argue that Russia should be handed large swathes of Ukraine need to accept what that means for its citizens.

Read that earlier and it’s grim but unfortunately the only way Ukraine will get Russia out is with western support on the ground, which won’t happen.

Grendel

Read that earlier and it’s grim but unfortunately the only way Ukraine will get Russia out is with western support on the ground, which won’t happen.

Correct and neither should it happen

Grendel

Little Emporer needs putting back in his box

wingy

The oldest shtick going.i always wondered what those concrete structures were at CDG!
About 15 yrs ago!

Last edited:

Grendel

Wise words after China publicly spoke about strengthening its ties with Russia. It’d inevitably lead to WW3 and millions of deaths.

And it’s how war starts

Egging on a broken and battered country (strange there seems very few updates on how it’s progressing now) and then finding out it’s not a winnable war at all - why we continue to waste billions on this failed folly is the real question that needs asking

Grendel

It’s also genuinely concerning we have Lord Lazy of Bullingdon involved - a reckless chancer whose previous foreign policy exploits ended in disaster

PVA

Little Emperor
Pipsqueak
Lord lazy of bullingdon

And you accuse others of not taking it seriously

Grendel

Little Emperor
Pipsqueak
Lord lazy of bullingdon

And you accuse others of not taking it seriously

I certainly don’t take those three seriously - well the first two are just pathetic characters who’d wear military uniforms to look tough - Lord Lazy Is genuinely frightening given his history

Sick Boy

China and Russia aren’t going to start WW3 against the west. Not in a million years. They’d lose for a start.
I’ve said it before but you can clearly see China, Russia and India are trying to shift the balance of power - 2 of those countries have a combined popular of nearly 2.5 billion.

If there’s no chance of WW3 from NATO joining the war, why hasn’t it got involved?

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

I’ve said it before but you can clearly see China, Russia and India are trying to shift the balance of power - 2 of those countries have a combined popular of nearly 2.5 billion.

If there’s no chance of WW3 from NATO joining the war, why hasn’t it got involved?

India is the interesting one. They have no time for China though

PVA

Because NATO is a defensive alliance and one of its members hasn't been attacked.

Grendel

Because NATO is a defensive alliance and one of its members hasn't been attacked.

There isn’t a requirement anyway even then to be involved

Grendel

There is a requirement to take action, that does not necessarily mean boots on the ground.

There isn’t

Grendel

You keep saying this, but it's there in black and white.

Of course we all know you're willing to say that black is white and vice versa if it gets you another argument.

Well it isn’t. There is zero enforcement that can make countries do anything - a Trump led US would just do what it wants

shmmeee

Because NATO doesn’t want war and thought it could do it without. They 100% want to shift the balance, but Russia has shown they’re a million miles from military capability to do so. The Chinese economy is fucked and the last thing they need is a trade war with the west. Their army has basically never fought in anger. The idea of WW3 is the preserve of weird old men with too much interest in military history who believe China and Russia are some great military superpowers.

Grendel

Because NATO doesn’t want war and thought it could do it without. They 100% want to shift the balance, but Russia has shown they’re a million miles from military capability to do so. The Chinese economy is fucked and the last thing they need is a trade war with the west. Their army has basically never fought in anger. The idea of WW3 is the preserve of weird old men with too much interest in military history who believe China and Russia are some great military superpowers.

It’s people like you who laughed at Lord Grey a century ago.

I bet you supported Blair and his bonkers invasion to remove Saddam

shmmeee

Speak of the weird old man and he shall appear.

I know you love a dictator, but the fact is their command and control centre system doesn’t lend itself to military victory over liberal democracies.

Grendel

Speak of the weird old man and he shall appear.

I know you love a dictator, but the fact is their command and control centre system doesn’t lend itself to military victory over liberal democracies.

A weird old man whose in his fifties? I doubt it.

Did you support Blair’s illegal war? There wasn’t anything democratic about that was there? Just lies and deception - a bit like a dictator would create.

• Haha
Reactions: SBT

shmmeee

A weird old man whose in his fifties? I doubt it.

Did you support Blair’s illegal war? There wasn’t anything democratic about that was there? Just lies and deception - a bit like a dictator would create.

Why are you going on about Blair? Very weird. And fifties is older than me so yep: old. This is always your issue, everything is about personalities with you.

We’ve seen in Ukraine what happens when a military designed to make one guy at the top happy domestically tries to actually go to war. If they’d actually been fighting NATO instead of a bunch of plucky farmers and office workers armed with stuff the west was about to throw out it would have been even worse. Chinas military, like Russias, is mostly for show domestically and untested. That’s what happens with dictators: everything is geared at telling them what they want to hear. Training and maintenance are half arsed if done at all, proper judgements are kept away from leadership if they’re bad news. We saw it again and again.

The idea China and Russia and India could just Zerg rush the planet is a nonsense. And they’d be relying on inferior supplies with much much higher failure rates rather than western and Taiwanese tech. It’s just a total non starter.

Grendel

Why are you going on about Blair? Very weird. And fifties is older than me so yep: old. This is always your issue, everything is about personalities with you.

We’ve seen in Ukraine what happens when a military designed to make one guy at the top happy domestically tries to actually go to war. If they’d actually been fighting NATO instead of a bunch of plucky farmers and office workers armed with stuff the west was about to throw out it would have been even worse. Chinas military, like Russias, is mostly for show domestically and untested. That’s what happens with dictators: everything is geared at telling them what they want to hear. Training and maintenance are half arsed if done at all, proper judgements are kept away from leadership if they’re bad news. We saw it again and again.

The idea China and Russia and India could just Zerg rush the planet is a nonsense. And they’d be relying on inferior supplies with much much higher failure rates rather than western and Taiwanese tech. It’s just a total non starter.

I think @Sick Boy is younger than you so I guess you are old

Your refusal to answer the question is duly noted as is your attempt to deflect it into a blathering word salad.

I’m sure one person will like your post

wingy

Don't you think the move away from his project all those year's ago have actually been continued and expanded upon?

Grendel

Oh and article 5 doesn’t dictate countries have to go to war even if a NATO country is invaded.

Users who are viewing this thread