USSR invades Ukraine. (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Well how do you stop the war then? What’s peace look like?
Russia should see the formal concession of Crimea as a compromise in exchange for leaving the other territory.

Surely you can see the parallels between getting Ukraine to give away more territory and the Munich agreement?

Grendel

Russia should see the formal concession of Crimea as a compromise in exchange for leaving the other territory.

Surely you can see the parallels between getting Ukraine to give away more territory and the Munich agreement?

No I don’t and that’s never happening so I ask again - if Russia say no what would you do?

Grendel

Then the choice is to allow Ukraine to be defeated or commit enough materiel to defeat the invasion.

I don’t know what I’d pick

If material isn’t enough would you put troops on the ground?

Grendel

I don’t know to be honest. I think allowing Ukraine to be absorbed by Russia has serious enough consequences for us that it’s not clear cut what to do at this point.

Wow

Grendel

I could say the same of most of what you’ve written on this thread

You are contemplating a situation where we go to war with Russia. This would mean a victory requiring regime change. So China would immediately defend Russia.

It’s a truly astonishing viewpoint as Ukraine is a nothing country. We allowed Stalin to rip Eastern Europe apart as long as he held the Eastern Front.

It’s insanity

Flying Fokker

You are contemplating a situation where we go to war with Russia. This would mean a victory requiring regime change. So China would immediately defend Russia.

It’s a truly astonishing viewpoint as Ukraine is a nothing country. We allowed Stalin to rip Eastern Europe apart as long as he held the Eastern Front.

It’s insanity
I think the bigger picture comes to the fore here….The US cannot let Russia win. It would be Russia doing exactly what it accuses the west of doing. Where would a ‘neutral zone’ be? The US may not be involved in Trumps head, but it certainly needs to be if it is to retain any global influence.

PVA

A summary of Russia's ethnic cleansing in occupied areas and a reminder of exactly why it must be stopped:

Grendel

Julien Assange has now spent 5 years in Belmarsh and has never faced trial - there are significant concerns if he is deported to the US on (forgive the pun) Trumped up Charges he faces 170 years in jail but will be killed in jail.

Still it’s the land of the free and our 51st state credentials will im sure be confirmed in 48 hours - it’s so better to live in such civility

Grendel

PVA

Saying you think Russia will win the war does not make anyone pro Putin.

However, saying any or all of the following is likely to lead to accusations of pro Russian sentiment:

Criticising Ukraine more than Russia
Parroting Russian propaganda
Praise of Putin
Suggesting handing over some or all of Ukraine over to Russia
Stating you're perfectly fine with ethnic cleansing of Ukrainian people

Amongst others.

Grendel

However, saying any or all of the following is likely to lead to accusations of pro Russian sentiment:

Praise of Putin

Amongst others.

No one had done any but point 4 and that’s the situation anyway that we will end up with

Sick Boy

Praise of Putin

Amongst others.
Point 4 is inevitable with any kind of settlement.

Grendel

Point 4 is inevitable with any kind of settlement.

The wests indulgence of Zelensky and his nonsense of liberating Crimea shown an almost flippant attitude in the first place. That alone was doomed to fail.

PVA

No one had done any but point 4 and that’s the situation anyway that we will end up with

tumblr_net9eonE301s9qosfo1_400.gif

Grendel

What? No one has praised Putin or said they're fine with ethnic cleansing.

No one has also supported Kremlin propaganda at all. The only nonsense there been swallowed is the US and Uk led hysteria that Putin will take over vast swathes of Eastern Europe and reform the old USSR

PVA

What? No one has praised Putin or said they're fine with ethnic cleansing.

You said Putin has played a blinder.

Grendel has repeatedly said he doesn't care what happens to Ukrainian people when their land is handed over to Putin.

Sick Boy

You said Putin has played a blinder.

Grendel has repeatedly said he doesn't care what happens to Ukrainian people when their land is handed over to Putin.
What? I was referring to his wider efforts to destabilise and divide the West - as in events around 2016.

You really haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

PVA

What? I was referring to his wider efforts to destabilise and divide the West - as in events around 2016.

Haha

'I haven't praised Putin'
'You said this'
'I was praising him about something ejse there!'

Amazing.

Fuck this. I'll leave you two to circle jerk over anything remotely negative that comes out of Ukraine in peace.

Enjoy the rape and murder of innocent women and kids, you've really earned it lads.

skybluetony176

Putin has united the West. Well, aside from the MAGA contingent in the US. Putin has single handedly expanded NATO. Putin has created an environment where there’s an appetite to fast track Ukraine and others into the EU thus expanding the EU. His key objectives were stated as the opposite of that. On what planet has Putin played a blinder?

Sick Boy

Putin has united the West. Well, aside from the MAGA contingent in the US. Putin has single handedly expanded NATO. Putin has created an environment where there’s an appetite to fast track Ukraine and others into the EU thus expanding the EU. His key objectives were stated as the opposite of that. On what planet has Putin played a blinder?
Yeah, apart from working towards dividing Europe for over 5 years, including having a key country leave the EU and making it weaker. Oh, and the election of Trump and his potential re-election and threats to quit NATO.

Sick Boy

Haha

'I haven't praised Putin'
'You said this'
'I was praising him about something ejse there!'

Amazing.

Fuck this. I'll leave you two to circle jerk over anything remotely negative that comes out of Ukraine in peace.

Enjoy the rape and murder of innocent women and kids, you've really earned it lads.
I said he'd played a blinder from his perspective; it's not my fault if you're unable to understand that it doesn't mean that I support it.

If you want to make up opinions for others, expect to be challenged on it.

Grendel

I think he’s suffering from Armchair general war fatigue

skybluetony176

Yeah, apart from working towards dividing Europe for over 5 years, including having a key country leave the EU and making it weaker. Oh, and the election of Trump and his potential re-election and threats to quit NATO.
Which has now backfired, by his own hands. With interest.

Sick Boy

Which has now backfired, by his own hands. With interest.
In what way?

Arguably, that division within the West led the way for him to invade Ukraine.

Despite what's said in public, Ukraine is unlikely to be fast-tracked into the EU. Even if it was, it's still weaker without the UK in it (and the UK is also weaker), plus Ukraine would need significant EU funding, it's hardly making the EU stronger, is it?

You've also got Trump spouting nonsense about encouraging Russia to attack NATO members that he deems not to pay enough. It's hardly normal or showing Western strength and unity.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread