USSR invades Ukraine. (8 Viewers)

Grendel

Putin the master strategist strikes again

And Biden and his administration have also said that zekensky needs to be realistic.

so it’s a win win really from a world peace perspective- not there’s any threat to that anyway

Grendel

The other message of course it’s sending is go into NATO territory Mr Putin you have a problem. Stay out of it and all is good

PVA

And Biden and his administration have also said that zekensky needs to be realistic.

so it’s a win win really from a world peace perspective- not there’s any threat to that anyway

No I don't for one minute think WW3 is going to start but all Putin has done (so far) is crippled his army while everyone around him strengthens (apart from Ukraine, obviously).

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The other message of course it’s sending is go into NATO territory Mr Putin you have a problem. Stay out of it and all is good
...apart from the huge number of atrocities committed, the people killed, displaced or being forced to live under occupation.

Grendel

How can you use the words 'all is good' in light if the atrocities that people are suffering in Ukraine? I know they're not your family but...

Its fairly obvious the west won’t be involved or get involved unless borders are crossed

Grendel

Hertsccfc

Its fairly obvious the west won’t be involved or get involved unless borders are crossed
That has nothing to do with what I said about your comment. Usual deflection.

Addressing your comment, that's true with regard to NATO borders. However, a border has already been crossed.

Grendel

That has nothing to do with what I said about your comment. Usual deflection.

Addressing your comment, that's true with regard to NATO borders. However, a border has already been crossed.

A nato border hasn’t hardly a deflection but a fact

Grendel

It was a different point so it was a deflection.

The border between Russia and Ukraine is also a fact.

So what? Other countries have been engaged in conflict without a mass involvement from every nato country

As it borders NATO countries there will be more interest but whatever the talk there is not going to be any direct action

In fact a cynical person could view the rhetoric from the White House suits a pretty obvious foreign policy view for decades that Russia is a big enemy and far more a threat than China (not true in reality)

So the best way to drain Russia resources and to look interested in to egg on the invaded country and let the occupation go on and on

No attempt has been made at negotiating some form of peace or even a cease fire which in itself is rather odd

Brighton Sky Blue

So what? Other countries have been engaged in conflict without a mass involvement from every nato country

As it borders NATO countries there will be more interest but whatever the talk there is not going to be any direct action

In fact a cynical person could view the rhetoric from the White House suits a pretty obvious foreign policy view for decades that Russia is a big enemy and far more a threat than China (not true in reality)

So the best way to drain Russia resources and to look interested in to egg on the invaded country and let the occupation go on and on

No attempt has been made at negotiating some form of peace or even a cease fire which in itself is rather odd

No attempt? So all the times Ukrainian officials met for talks with Russian ones didn’t count?

Grendel

No attempt? So all the times Ukrainian officials met for talks with Russian ones didn’t count?

No attempt at mitigation from the us and NATO to get a practical solution and a settlement

SBT

Tbh I think the prevailing view in the Biden WH is that China is much more of a threat than Russia, and a lot of the US response to the Ukraine invasion is all about signalling to China what will happen if it tries something similar with Taiwan.

Grendel

Tbh I think the prevailing view in the Biden WH is that China is much more of a threat than Russia, and a lot of the US response to the Ukraine invasion is all about signalling to China what will happen if it tries something similar with Taiwan.

What would happen?

Grendel

Which would basically see us telling Ukraine to suck it up and hand over territory just as we did 85 years ago in Czechoslovakia

Well as ever with you the comparison is somewhat spurious

SBT

What would happen?

Well it’s obviously not going to be the exact same playbook, given China’s extreme leverage over everyone, but the message they want to send is that the West will stand firm behind an invaded territory, even if it comes at major economic cost to all concerned.

PVA

Russian forces withdraw from Snake Island, strategically very important. Apparently as a result of Western missile systems.

Though Russia claim they are leaving as a goodwill gesture 😂

skybluetony176

Ain’t in funny how someone who wants us to do nothing can still find the energy to slate others nations and their leaders for not doing as much as us. Duplicity.

Grendel

Why is it spurious? Please explain

Why? The poster who made the comment has offered zero explanation as to the “striking similarities”

Grendel

And won't answer as to whether he thinks Trump was a good President or not.

Oh dear is the UKIP Tonester off again?

Why you drone on I have no idea. I’m not American and I don’t live in America so I have no idea if he was good or not. I don’t actually care. As Jon Sopel said in a good article at least the chaos he bought was vaguely amusing compared to someone who looks like he should be in a care home

I couldn’t care less and I have no opinion on him. He was elected democratically and then unelected im not really interested

Brighton Sky Blue

Why? The poster who made the comment has offered zero explanation as to the “striking similarities”

Well let’s see

Hitler decides there is a high number of ethnic Germans on Czechoslovak soil who are ‘being oppressed’
Hitler demands the territory be handed over
Munich agreement is signed bowing to the demand but does nothing except give Germany a head start on the subsequent invasion

Putin complains of mistreatment of Russians in Donetsk and Luhansk
Putin invades from 3 directions under the aim of ‘liberating’ the oppressed Russians
Grendel proposes giving him what he wants and calls it spurious to make the same comparison as the head of the army

Let him crack on with it you said. How would things have turned out if we did?

Grendel

It's clear what the similarities are but you seem unable to explain your claim that it is spurious.

ok I don’t see any so what similarities do you see?

Grendel

Well let’s see

Hitler decides there is a high number of ethnic Germans on Czechoslovak soil who are ‘being oppressed’
Hitler demands the territory be handed over
Munich agreement is signed bowing to the demand but does nothing except give Germany a head start on the subsequent invasion

Putin complains of mistreatment of Russians in Donetsk and Luhansk
Putin invades from 3 directions under the aim of ‘liberating’ the oppressed Russians
Grendel proposes giving him what he wants and calls it spurious to make the same comparison as the head of the army

Let him crack on with it you said. How would things have turned out if we did?

Russia have been for years declaring Ukrainian territory as Russian and when invading the much disputed Crimea I can’t remember a peep from you about that or other attempts to take over Donbass

Hitler had armed himself to the hilt and was preparing for a conquest of Europe - he also operated in an era where certain other nations had dictators with equal dubious intent

We have no formal treaty or legal obligation to Ukraine

NATO didn’t then exist - there was not a huge committed military alliance of nations who are signed up to protect each other

Hitler didn’t have nuclear weapons

The US had zero interest in Hitler - they have most certainly a huge interest in Mr Putin

Putin and his army is weak and has no capacity for a European invasion

China in economic strategic and political terms was non existent then and most certainly isn’t now

I think you are sitting in the 1930’s the only threat to global peace is if we actively defend a non NATO country which would open up a huge can of worms and potential dangers

Grendel

Oh and Hitler had an army if 1.5 million committed to the ideology

shmmeee

Russian forces withdraw from Snake Island, strategically very important. Apparently as a result of Western missile systems.

Though Russia claim they are leaving as a goodwill gesture 😂

Great news. It’s strategically important if Russia want to take the south coast ports from what I understand.

Hertsccfc

Oh dear is the UKIP Tonester off again?

Why you drone on I have no idea. I’m not American and I don’t live in America so I have no idea if he was good or not. I don’t actually care. As Jon Sopel said in a good article at least the chaos he bought was vaguely amusing compared to someone who looks like he should be in a care home

I couldn’t care less and I have no opinion on him. He was elected democratically and then unelected im not really interested
Amazing in light of all the evidence that you can't see he was terrible. Telling people to inject bleach alone is enough.

Users who are viewing this thread