Up to three million extra UK residents (2 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Cornwall. That's under populated as well.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I was thinking about this and wondered where there was enough land... I thought Wales
Absolutely not....well, they can have the scouse bit up by the A55.

skyblueusername

As long as it is not in my backyard, I am not really bothered.
They actually said they were looking at the planning laws and how to remove any NIMBY objections, including rules around blocking views etc as they're hoping to build it in the same skyscraper style!
I really couldn't believe what I was hearing, thought it was either an April fools style wind up or another one of Boris's ideas like his island airport or bridge to Ireland.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

They actually said they were looking at the planning laws and how to remove any NIMBY objections, including rules around blocking views etc as they're hoping to build it in the same skyscraper style!
I really couldn't believe what I was hearing, thought it was either an April fools style wind up or another one of Boris's ideas like his island airport or bridge to Ireland.
In that case, Isle of Man. Douglas is the ideal place for that. Tax incentives as well.

Ring Of Steel

No specific reason for a 2016 cut off, it was just the dates that full fact. Com threw at me.
I may or may not be 100% correct or incorrect according to this, who knows, we do our bit anyway is the point.
Down the article we have claims made from 2016 to July 2019 .
E UK’S INDEPENDENT FACT CHECKING CHARITY

1. Home
  2. Immigration
  3. Asylum seekers and refugees

How many refugees does the UK take in?

16th Aug 2019

Claim
In 2017 the UK resettled more refugees from outside Europe than any other EU member state.

Conclusion
Technically correct, but resettled refugees are only a subset of all refugees a country might take in. Overall, Germany, France, Austria and Sweden all granted asylum to more refugees than the UK did in 2017.

“In 2017 the UK resettled more refugees from outside Europe than any other EU member state (Eurostat figures).”

Migration Watch, 13 August 2019

In response to a journalist tweeting that “the only refugee the British government wants to support is a cartoon bear”, the think tank Migration Watch claimed that the UK resettled more refugees from outside Europe than any other EU member state in 2017. The government has previously made a similar claim: "Since 2016, Britain has resettled more refugees from outside Europe than any other EU state”.

Both statements are correct, but there’s some important context which many people might not have picked up from the wording.

The term “resettled” is very important here. “Resettled refugees” are not all refugees which a country might take in. It refers to refugees who were resettled in a new country as part of a specific scheme run by that country. Most refugees arrive in the EU as asylum seekers, not as people being resettled as part of a scheme.

so your original claim is bollocks then. Thanks.

clint van damme

It's an intriguing idea.

Evo1883

so your original claim is bollocks then. Thanks.

It's not entirely is it, bit rude too, we were just conversing, you saw the bit where it says both claims are correct didn't you but it depends how we look at it ... So how you came to the conclusion it's bollocks is interesting to say the least, there is definitely some truth in what I said... More truth than your reply of it being bollocks

Last edited:

Evo1883

I don't know how economically well a UK version or mini Hong Kong would do in Britain if Boris is looking at it economically.
One of the main reasons Hong Kong does so well now is its a gateway to China..obviously it will add huge numbers to the workforce but we need to create the jobs to allow such a sizeable workforce to flourish

fernandopartridge

I don't know how economically well a UK version or mini Hong Kong would do in Britain if Boris is looking at it economically.
One of the main reasons Hong Kong does so well now is its a gateway to China..obviously it will add huge numbers to the workforce but we need to create the jobs to allow such a sizeable workforce to flourish
Yeah the idea that it could somehow be recreated here is pie in the sky, particularly when the UK is the gateway to fuck all having shredded access to the big market next door

Users who are viewing this thread