Unsung heroes (2 Viewers)

SkyBlueSid

It's all down to people who veto'd Sixfields and didn't pay a penny to SISU. whilst people like you got your "Fix" and rode on the coat tails of those that protested. Nob!

Of course it is. If Sixfields had been full every week there would have been no return. The people who have brought about the return are the 10000+ who refused to bow to Sisu's efforts to destroy the club. Those mentioned by the OP are especially praiseworthy for all their practical efforts and they have secured the chance of a future for the club. They certainly get my thanks.

I have actually concluded that the few who did actually go to Sixfields are completely irrelevant as far as the return is concerned. So few were going regularly, not much more than 1000, that as far as the club were concerned it may as well have been zero. They did not help the cause, and as there were so few they probably didn't really delay it either. As I said, they are irrelevant.

AndreasB

Of course it is. If Sixfields had been full every week there would have been no return. The people who have brought about the return are the 10000+ who refused to bow to Sisu's efforts to destroy the club. Those mentioned by the OP are especially praiseworthy for all their practical efforts and they have secured the chance of a future for the club. They certainly get my thanks.

I have actually concluded that the few who did actually go to Sixfields are completely irrelevant as far as the return is concerned. So few were going regularly, not much more than 1000, that as far as the club were concerned it may as well have been zero. They did not help the cause, and as there were so few they probably didn't really delay it either. As I said, they are irrelevant.

ALL the Sixfields attendees will be at the Ricoh this season, and most of the away games, long after the novelty of Friday has dropped off. Criticise them if you will but those people are the backbone of the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOldFive

....as there were so few they probably didn't really delay it either. As I said, they are irrelevant.

I agree, and always thought that even if there had been 7,000 there as per Fisher's fantasy, which is why I never felt morally compromised about going. I have no problem thinking of myself as irrelevant, in the money game of Modern football we all pretty much are. We can all be satisfied that we did the right thing if we did what we thought was right, even if we will never know otherwise. There's an elegant beauty in that we should take time to reflect upon.

H

Huckerby

lol...them 1000 fans are the backbone of the club :claping hands:

You went to sixfields because you needed to satisfy your own selfish desire to watch the team and couldn't give a fuck about the consequences.

So did a lot of people...and thats fair enough because its yours and their choice and you/they are perfectly entitled to do so (have my opinions about it but pretty much kept them to myself).

But don't then come on here spouting the bullshit that you kept the club alive like you're better than everyone.....it's okay to be embarrassed mate, you don't have to bring everyone else down in the dumps with you, we're all too happy to be back to give a fuck about you!! :)

BUZZING FOR FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!!

TheOldFive

You went to sixfields because you needed to satisfy your own selfish desire to watch the team and couldn't give a fuck about the consequences.

.....it's okay to be embarrassed mate, you don't have to bring everyone else down in the dumps with you, we're all too happy to be back to give a fuck about you!! :)

Er there weren't any consequences really so people who went don't need to feel embarrassed. No one does. Everybody is happy and it's a massive WIN WIN. PUSB

H

Huckerby

Er there weren't any consequences really so people who went don't need to feel embarrassed. No one does. Everybody is happy and it's a massive WIN WIN. PUSB
Yes because I clearly said that all people who have ever went to sixfields should feel embarrassed....

letsallsingtogether

Are you sure there are none that are embarrassed?

AndreasB

So did a lot of people...and thats fair enough because its yours and their choice and you/they are perfectly entitled to do so (have my opinions about it but pretty much kept them to myself).

But don't then come on here spouting the bullshit that you kept the club alive like you're better than everyone.....it's okay to be embarrassed mate, you don't have to bring everyone else down in the dumps with you, we're all too happy to be back to give a fuck about you!! :)

Still claping I notice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Yes because I clearly said that all people who have ever went to sixfields should feel embarrassed....

Personally I think the ones who should feel embarrassed are those that get their cheap fix on Friday then slither back home never to be seen at the Ricoh again.

H

Huckerby

Personally I think the ones who should feel embarrassed are those that get their cheap fix on Friday then slither back home never to be seen at the Ricoh again.
Did everyone really miss that it was sarcasm? No I know what the little sarcasm smiley is for

H

Huckerby

as in...i never once said that everyone who went to sixfields should be embarrassed...

torchomatic

TheOldFive

By what measure would you consider it a success?

27,000 people can be considered a success I think. For a game on a Friday Night. Being Televised. In the Third Division. With no additional competitive importance than any other game in early September. In relative terms taking those factors into consideration it's the greatest turnout in this Club's modern history including 1987 in my opinion. But back to your point please...

shmmeee

27,000 people can be considered a success I think. For a game on a Friday Night. Being Televised. In the Third Division. With no additional competitive importance than any other game in early September. In relative terms taking those factors into consideration it's the greatest turnout in this Club's modern history including 1987 in my opinion. But back to your point please...

Really? Can it? If there's 5000 empty seats and fans left wanting tickets how is that a success?

Forget all the factors you posted, you missed the most relevant one: it's our first game in Cov for nearly 18 months. That alone should be a sell out if were even half as big as we should be as a one club City.

Just because a few depressives thought we'd sell 15k doesn't make this a success.

wingy

Really? Can it? If there's 5000 empty seats and fans left wanting tickets how is that a success?

Forget all the factors you posted, you missed the most relevant one: it's our first game in Cov for nearly 18 months. That alone should be a sell out if were even half as big as we should be as a one club City.

Just because a few depressives thought we'd sell 15k doesn't make this a success.

That was me and I'll happily eat #humble Pie

TheOldFive

Sorry if I'm being thick I don't get your point. It's still a great turnout isn't it? It would look fantastic to be a full sell out but circumstances mean that can't happen. Maybe those circumstances should have been managed more competently (at the very least could have brought in another 40-50k for the club so it's an og) but why surely anyone can understand that the true measure of success will be come in attendances over the rest of the season rather than this one novelty game.

NorthernWisdom

Sorry if I'm being thick I don't get your point. It's still a great turnout isn't it? It would look fantastic to be a full sell out but circumstances mean that can't happen. Maybe those circumstances should have been managed more competently (at the very least could have brought in another 40-50k for the club so it's an og) but why surely anyone can understand that the true measure of success will be come in attendances over the rest of the season rather than this one novelty game.

Suppose it depends on your perspective.

Great turnout by fans, for sure.

Too many echoes for me of when we moved there (first time:thinking about:) and couldn't sell out when we would have done easily given the chance, and the whole thing felt a bit of a damp squib.

Will reserve judgement on how it feels till I get there, mind you!

TheOldFive

Suppose it depends on your perspective.

Great turnout by fans, for sure.

Too many echoes for me of when we moved there (first time:thinking about:) and couldn't sell out when we would have done easily given the chance, and the whole thing felt a bit of a damp squib.

Will reserve judgement on how it feels till I get there, mind you!

I reckon Fisher just wants to make a point and have more empty seats than at the last game at Sixfields - a cunning stunt.

Rusty Trombone

I reckon Fisher just wants to make a point and have more empty seats than at the last game at Sixfields - a cunning stunt.

That would have been easier to achieve by charging £30 a ticket rather than £10, and that's an example of why that particular argument is incorrect.

H

Huckerby

I think Huckerby got overexcited, put his head down and aimlessly sprinted with it into the corner for no purpose. Quite nostalgic really.

If I'm the one thats come out of this looking like an arsehole then something is seriously up

Sky Blues

kcic mailout -

• Returning to the Ricoh is a tremendous result for Sky Blues fans
  • Supporters have conducted themselves with incredible dignity during the sixfields episode and should feel immensely proud on Friday
  • Major questions remain about the future, but ahead of the game kcic just wants to do a shout out to a lot of unsung heroes

There's way too many to name individually so to each and every person who...

• Came up with ideas, provided advice, support and got involved in IT, legal and financial matters, PR, mailouts, press releases and dealing with the media
  • Helped beg, steal and borrow everything from mannequins to megaphones
  • Designed, made, produced and printed graphics, banners, leaflets, flyers, t-shirts and the kcic logo
  • Emailed, phoned, wrote to and nagged away at sisu, the Football League, journalists, MPs and anyone else they could think of
  • Made a concrete contribution to local grassroots football by sponsoring Coventry Sphinx
  • Took flags and banners to a huge number of different events and even to the World Cup
  • Took and shared photographs, videos and film
  • Went on the Ricoh Arena bus to the hill
  • Researched information about sisu, its investors, other key players and a lot more besides
  • Contributed money, time, energy, effort and sheer hard work
  • Had the DCMS Select Committee petition idea, devised the wording, set it up, signed it, persuaded others to sign it, put up posters and did leafleting sessions everywhere from Bedworth to Coventry Market and the Earlsdon Festival to Stamford Bridge
  • Made the Arsenal protest happen - printing thousands of signs, liaising with Arsenal supporters, transporting the signs across London, handing them out, holding them up (at just about the right time!) - then did it all again at Notts County
  • Boycotted NTFC but went to away games in huge numbers getting Danny Kelly's award for fans of the year
  • Did the work on the rent offer and made it happen
  • Put more pressure on sisu by not buying merchandise
  • Got involved in kcic events which started at the Ricoh, the 'flashmob' events in Northampton then at the London offices of sisu and the Football League last summer and again this year
  • Did a whole load of other things too

• And who never gave up...Respect!

Back on topic...

Don't forget those who tied ribbons and contributed songs.

Users who are viewing this thread