Unsung heroes (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

kcic mailout -

• Returning to the Ricoh is a tremendous result for Sky Blues fans
  • Supporters have conducted themselves with incredible dignity during the sixfields episode and should feel immensely proud on Friday
  • Major questions remain about the future, but ahead of the game kcic just wants to do a shout out to a lot of unsung heroes

There's way too many to name individually so to each and every person who...

• Came up with ideas, provided advice, support and got involved in IT, legal and financial matters, PR, mailouts, press releases and dealing with the media
  • Helped beg, steal and borrow everything from mannequins to megaphones
  • Designed, made, produced and printed graphics, banners, leaflets, flyers, t-shirts and the kcic logo
  • Emailed, phoned, wrote to and nagged away at sisu, the Football League, journalists, MPs and anyone else they could think of
  • Made a concrete contribution to local grassroots football by sponsoring Coventry Sphinx
  • Took flags and banners to a huge number of different events and even to the World Cup
  • Took and shared photographs, videos and film
  • Went on the Ricoh Arena bus to the hill
  • Researched information about sisu, its investors, other key players and a lot more besides
  • Contributed money, time, energy, effort and sheer hard work
  • Had the DCMS Select Committee petition idea, devised the wording, set it up, signed it, persuaded others to sign it, put up posters and did leafleting sessions everywhere from Bedworth to Coventry Market and the Earlsdon Festival to Stamford Bridge
  • Made the Arsenal protest happen - printing thousands of signs, liaising with Arsenal supporters, transporting the signs across London, handing them out, holding them up (at just about the right time!) - then did it all again at Notts County
  • Boycotted NTFC but went to away games in huge numbers getting Danny Kelly's award for fans of the year
  • Did the work on the rent offer and made it happen
  • Put more pressure on sisu by not buying merchandise
  • Got involved in kcic events which started at the Ricoh, the 'flashmob' events in Northampton then at the London offices of sisu and the Football League last summer and again this year
  • Did a whole load of other things too

• And who never gave up...Respect!

H

Huckerby

Basically, yourself then.

Sorry...and thanks so much AndreasB for keeping the club alive and being completely selfless throughout the whole thing and going to sixfields because he wants to keep the club alive!

Missed that, nob

AndreasB

Thats right, our selfless action of keeping the precious flame burning at great expense and travel time saved the club from oblivion and paved the way for a return to the Ricoh.

Michael of course needs his ego rubbing every now and again and is probably feeling a bit miffed that the return to the Ricoh was announced soon after he had flounced off and given up on his campaign proving its lack of impact. He obvioulsy feels he should be carried shoulder high into the Ricoh on Friday and no one has suggested that has made him remind us all what a great guy he is.

Rusty Trombone

Well done to Michael and any others involved, it's very easy to criticise (and I haven't agreed with all your ideas), it's far harder to come up with ideas and put them into practice.

TheOldFive

Michael makes a good point that there were many many ways in which we all made a difference and so can all declare victory along the way. Personally against Michael's checklist I contributed significantly in 12 out of the 16 areas and so clearly helped made a difference. I went to games at Northampton as well which clearly didn't impact upon our return in the end, despite what so many wrongly said, and given all the other protests and pressure applied, so it's with a clear conscience that I'll be delighted to be at The Ricoh on Friday and a few more times this season for sure. I can't think of a time in the last 20 years as a supporter of the Sky Blues that so many have been so happy and excited to be behind the team. It's a fantastic achievement that we can all be proud of, without exception. We are all Winners. PUSB

martcov

Thats right, our selfless action of keeping the precious flame burning at great expense and travel time saved the club from oblivion and paved the way for a return to the Ricoh.

Michael of course needs his ego rubbing every now and again and is probably feeling a bit miffed that the return to the Ricoh was announced soon after he had flounced off and given up on his campaign proving its lack of impact. He obvioulsy feels he should be carried shoulder high into the Ricoh on Friday and no one has suggested that has made him remind us all what a great guy he is.

Keeping the flame burning for whom? I thought you guys went to support SP and the lads. I didn't realise there was anything political about it. It could be argued that you unwillingly delayed the return.

I think the biggest thanks should go to the judges ( I'm not decrying the efforts by the thousands of fans, who in different ways showed their resistance to real estate speculators ) who didn't let SISU's legal army bully them. I think the final push was the hammer blow of the JR.

H

Huckerby

Really want to go off on one, but too many threads have been hijacked like that in the past year or so.

Lets keep it on track, well done everyone who helped out :)

JWC

Can you not just take it as a post thanking people who got behind the efforts made by kcic? If it doesn't apply to you then fair enough, but why can you not just ignore it?

Whether you have agreed with their stance or not, kcic has brought groups of fans together in a way that I have not really experienced in my time as a Cov City fan, and for me that should be applauded. You'd be hard pressed to deny that the group have gained some significant coverage of our plight and in my opinion it has made a real difference in the fight to get us back playing in Cov, which is what everyone wanted. Having a dig is just divisive and unproductive

TheOldFive

I think the biggest thanks should go to the judges ( I'm not decrying the efforts by the thousands of fans, who in different ways showed their resistance to real estate speculators ) who didn't let SISU's legal army bully them. I think the final push was the hammer blow of the JR.

I think that's very true. I don't think the handful of Sixfields attendees made the slightest difference the conclusion of the JR was always going to be the precipitative event regardless of the eventual outcome. Anyone who attended games can be happy they didn't cause any harm other than maybe annoying some other people who thought differently and as it turned out wrongly. Likewise, those that didn't attend through boycott can clearly allow themselves to feel that they made a difference and fair play to them, I'm sure I won't sway them in that opinion and don't seek to either. What's really great is that everyone, true fans, real fans, protesters, loyalists, plastics, - we have all Won TOGETHER. PUSB

Rob S

Well done to Michael and any others involved, it's very easy to criticise (and I haven't agreed with all your ideas), it's far harder to come up with ideas and put them into practice.

This a thousand times. Having ideas and saying what should be done is the easiest thing in the world. Putting in the hours and hours of time and effort to actually make things happen is a whole other ball game.

TheOldFive

This a thousand times. Having ideas and saying what should be done is the easiest thing in the world. Putting in the hours and hours of time and effort to actually make things happen is a whole other ball game.

Honestly I'd have to say for myself and I'm sure Michael would say the same "Thanks, but it was no trouble." Writing a few emails and blogs, organising a demo here or there, travelling around going to meetings and standing outside places, it wasn't really much more than you might do if you were properly able to support the club really, which personally now that we are back is what I'm looking forward to doing again. There really is no need for thanks, everyone in equal measure did their bit, no leaders or heroes sung or unsung really.

Jim

If you had ever met Michael you would know that this simply isn't true. He is a cov fan that has worked very hard trying to do what is best, whilst attracting some somewhat undeserved criticism. Whilst some of his ideas and opinions may have differed to some other, he has only tried to do what is right in the long run.

Can I suggest you bore off until you actually have something constructive to add.

J

Jack Griffin

Time to be unmasked..

hc-ap-ip4-lb002.jpg
Finally! I have some recognition. Fear not people, the streets will once again be safe for you to form your queues once I have completed a bit of darning.

Sky Blue Kid

While on the subject...How did your big protest go inside the ground at Sixfields?......You never did tell us all!

letsallsingtogether

While on the subject...How did your big protest go inside the ground at Sixfields?......You never did tell us all!
:claping hands::claping hands::laugh::laugh:

Well I know of 4 that did, funny enough was with them at the game yesterday and saturday.

Said it was hard work to get anyone to join in..

And before anyone asks yes they were Sixfields season ticket holders.

Sky Blue Kid

@ AndreasB.........And you claim Michael is on a Ego trip!!! I'd get my head out from up your own arsehole if I were you mate.

AndreasB

@ AndreasB.........And you claim Michael is on a Ego trip!!! I'd get my head out from up your own arsehole if I were you mate.

Nah. I just did my bit . More than you of course but I won't hold it against you now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LB87ccfc

Do we really need a thread trying to wind people up again, who gives a flying shit now, we are back so therefore lets enjoy the remaining of the season.

AndreasB

Do we really need a thread trying to wind people up again, who gives a flying shit now, we are back so therefore lets enjoy the remaining of the season.

Well look who started the thread. As usual Superfan Michael .

Astute

Well look who started the thread. As usual Superfan Michael .

The only ones that I heard of demonstrating inside Northampton wete women. Were you one of those Andrea SB?

Grendel

The only ones that I heard of demonstrating inside Northampton wete women. Were you one of those Andrea SB?

Who cares?

TheOldFive

It's all down to people who veto'd Sixfields and didn't pay a penny to SISU. whilst people like you got your "Fix" and rode on the coat tails of those that protested. Nob!

People can see it from both sides SBK, the fact is no one knows what made the difference in the end although personally I'm absolutely sure that the low attendances made the biggest difference after the JR result. But so did all the other "fan power" things that people did and I don't think they should be dismissed. All the factors combined, as we should in our support. Maybe some did manage to have the last laugh and enjoy the games at Northampton, and then get cheap Ricoh STs and priority booking for Friday whilst others still suffer with not getting to the game, but surely it's the act of a bigger person to just move on from all of that? Lots of people have got a "feelgood factor" from the sense that they have contributed to our return and forged great friendships with fellow fans as part of this protest. In years to come, our Northampton days might be looked back on as dark days, but actually and ironically the very making of our future and the beginning of the end for Sisu. PUSB!

Users who are viewing this thread