Units of alcohol (1 Viewer)

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've recently started to count how many I'm drinking per week.........I wouldn't recommend it.😱

......but how the fuck is the recommended weekly total no more than 14? Thats only about 4 pints of anything worth drinking right? ....in a week? 😂😂 WTF?

mrtickle

I've recently started to count how many I'm drinking per week.........I wouldn't recommend it.

......but how the fuck is the recommended weekly total no more than 14? Thats only about 4 pints of anything worth drinking right? ....in a week? WTF?

I did that once. Made me feel ill. Stopped doing it, immediately felt better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankly_Mr_Shankly

I've recently started to count how many I'm drinking per week.........I wouldn't recommend it.😱

......but how the fuck is the recommended weekly total no more than 14? Thats only about 4 pints of anything worth drinking right? ....in a week? 😂😂 WTF?
There’s Approximately 2 Units per pint of beer/cider, slightly more for premium beers. So around 7 pints per week. Enough for a trip to Millwall 🤪

Evo1883

I probably drink about 4 units a year 🤣

Sbarcher

I must admit since and after lockdown my consumption has gone down. Once we were allowed back into pubs, I seem to have lost a desire just to pop out for a couple of pints. Would rather now go out for a meal and a pint on a less regular basis.

xcraigx

0 units since lockdown began 18 months ago. Not a conscious decision, it just happened and now the thought of going to the pub doesn't interest me in the slightest. I wasn't a big drinker in the first place but I did used to go out every month or so and did have a fair few when I did.

Covkid1968#

About 30 units a week….2 pints a week night with 4 or 5 a night at the weekend. Know it’s too much but I’m doing fook all about it. Bar in the garden was possibly not the best idea!!🤷🏻🤷🏻

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

JAM See

There's an app called Alcodroid (free on Android) where you can log everything.

It's truly frightening when you look back on a full week (especially if you've been honest).

There's a good Adrian Chiles documentary knocking about on iPlayer/Youtube about how easy it is to get into three figures.

skyblue1991

Monday-Thursday: 0 units unless Cov are playing midweek then about 6 units

Friday: 4-6 units

Saturday: 8-10 units or about 12 units if Cov are playing

Sunday: 0 units

So anywhere between 12-24 units, probably about 16 units on average

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

jimmyhillsfanclub

Monday-Thursday: 0 units

This has ultimately gotta be my target so I can still enjoy good sessions at the weekend without the guilt trip..........I blame the lockdowns as it became a standard practice to drink at home......now its become a lazy habit I'm strugglnig to shift.....

Still......I've had no booze since sunday but wednesday night is always a test...thank fuck we're already out of the league cup:)

fernandopartridge

This has ultimately gotta be my target so I can still enjoy good sessions at the weekend without the guilt trip..........I blame the lockdowns as it became a standard practice to drink at home......now its become a lazy habit I'm strugglnig to shift.....

Still......I've had no booze since sunday but wednesday night is always a test...thank fuck we're already out of the league cup:)

Similar to me, in my case with permanent home working it's almost like having a beer is the differentiator between working and not.

SBAndy

Very much a binge drinker. Rarely drink on Mon-Thurs, again only seems to tie in with Cov games. Friday and Saturday go a bit wild generally, likely looking at 30-50 units across those two days. Sunday I might have a glass of wine with a Sunday roast but that’s about it.

I did have a weekend off the booze last weekend though, so not all bad.

chiefdave

Don't think I've had a drink since we first went into lockdown. Didn't make any big decision to be a non-drinker just don't see the point sat at home on my own!

Quite tempted to not bother again, don't really miss it.

Kneeza

When in 'drinking phase' I'd really hate to count units. I swill cider (real cider, mind, not Bulmers or Thatchers type shite) and Jamesons/Goslings like it's going out of style. And that's just at home. I probably go in a pub once a year (and don't enjoy it), and never drink at a match.
I'm currently in a non-drinking phase though, which could last three to eight weeks. Funny thing is, I don't often even fancy a drink after one or two days and will happily just drink water, tea, or coffee.
Perhaps I should just go teetotal?
The annoying thing, though, is that I barely drop any weight during the non-drink phases (and I could do with losing some). Bit frustrating when so many others reckon it drops off them when they stop drinking.

stay_up_skyblues

When in 'drinking phase' I'd really hate to count units. I swill cider (real cider, mind, not Bulmers or Thatchers type shite) and Jamesons/Goslings like it's going out of style. And that's just at home. I probably go in a pub once a year (and don't enjoy it), and never drink at a match.
I'm currently in a non-drinking phase though, which could last three to eight weeks. Funny thing is, I don't often even fancy a drink after one or two days and will happily just drink water, tea, or coffee.
Perhaps I should just go teetotal?
The annoying thing, though, is that I barely drop any weight during the non-drink phases (and I could do with losing some). Bit frustrating when so many others reckon it drops off them when they stop drinking.

For me personally, any weight loss in the first month or two was negligible (a few pounds) but after the fourth month it started to drop pretty quickly. It wasnt really until say 7/8 months when people started commenting that I weighed myself and saw the progress.

I don’t eat a huge amount though, thanks to Huel I’ve only usually hit maybe 500 calories in brekkie and lunch by the time I sit down for my evening meal, so when you take 800-1000 calories of lager out of it I rarely exceed 2,000 calories in a day. That's even if I have a takeaway and/or pudding on the night, which is once or twice a week tops.

Looking back it was quite hilarious/pathetic. I was trying to lose weight whilst drinking (got up to nearly 15 stone - I’m 5ft 10ish - looked a right saggy fat fucker) and in a ridiculous attempt to do so without giving up the nectar I’d sacrifice food calories.

So bugger to eat all through the day and then a tiny low calorie meal to free up alcohol calories on the night. Cue nothing having lined the stomach and then inhibitions disappearing after five or six cans. Then the late night binge on shite food would follow. Bit of a viscous cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread