United v Cov Predictions (1 Viewer)

CBS16

It's the FA Cup.

I saw you against Wolves and you looked a good team.

You will surely play as well again.

We have almost the whole back line missing through injury.

This season has been fucking shite for us.
Thing is if we cherry pick your good results and our good results, yours are clearly much more impressive. I just hope the rest before Sunday will do our midfielders good as they were so lethargic against blues. If we do turn it on like the Wolves, Leicester and Leeds games then it'll be a contest, one I still think we'll lose but would lose my fucking head if we won! Fair play for being honest on here, surely if we do win Ten Hag is sacked before the coach leaves Wembley!

Adge

I would say his lack of height and lack of physicality is the issue to be honest.

He scares me at left back, because he can get easily bullied at times and is so susceptible to the ball over the top.

When he plays further up the field, I think he looks much more comfortable.
Lack of height/physicality and getting bullied was nothing to do with him halfheartedly not getting close and pretending to dangle a leg in order to stop the cross coming in for West Brom second goal.

Otis

Lack of height/physicality and getting bullied was nothing to do with him halfheartedly not getting close and pretending to dangle a leg in order to stop the cross coming in for West Brom second goal.
No, but that could be a lack of confidence, or just the sign of someone out of form.

I'm sure he knows how to try and stop a cross and he played 105 games for Bristol, so obviously is better than someone who can merely "dangle their leg"

If you're telling me that it's because he's unhappy here, that's a different matter, but I find it very hard to believe that he pretended to dangle a leg.

Adge

No, but that could be a lack of confidence, or just the sign of someone out of form.

I'm sure he knows how to try and stop a cross and he played 105 games for Bristol, so obviously is better than someone who can merely "dangle their leg"

If you're telling me that it's because he's unhappy here, that's a different matter, but I find it very hard to believe that he pretended to dangle a leg.
Just watch the goal and you will see for yourself.

Milne Out

When we used to play the big teams back in the 70s 80s and 90s, was the gulf in talent between the teams, really any bigger ?

I know we are a league below, but is the difference player for player much different ?

If you look at the City teams out against the likes of United, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, etc, back in the day.
Most of those teams were littered with international talent compared to us.
They were all like dream teams, compared to our line up.
I just don’t seem to remember the fear of playing them that seems to exist now
It’s like we are expecting to lose when you talk to people , whereas back in the day, even with a team of journeymen and youngsters , we still fancied our chances more than we seem to now

lacesoutdom

we can still sign unattached players cant we? perhaps we could sign De Gea on a short term deal and start him on sunday
Think About It GIF by Identity

messiahrobins

Did I just read some fella claiming to be from Manchester say that Old Trafford is in Salford?

What the fuck?

And say that City have more supporters in Manchester than United?

And say that Oldham is a red area?

And say that most United supporters at Wembley will be from the Home Counties?

I don't think I've ever seen a single post on the internet get so much staggeringly wrong in a single paragraph.

Wow.
I educated you. Old Trafford is in the borough of Salford. Fact.
Oldham is a red area.
Manchester has more City fans than Manure fact.
Why are you even here? F*ck off to your plastic club sites based in asia.

Covkid1968#

I think we will well be up for it.

Obviously, the common sense view is that we will lose, but I do think we will put in a very good performance.

We hadn't been playing well before Wolves and put in a absolutely sterling performance there didn't we and we know that on our day, we can play very well.

We probably will be defeated, but I honestly think we will put in a great performance.

Nothing to lose, no pressure. I think we will be proud of the players after, whatever the result.
Well said Sir… that’s put me in a much better frame of mind!!!

tokyojim

I think he's going to surprise us again and either play Tavares or Golden in the middle of a front three with Wright on the left and Simms on the right. Use the speed of Wright and Simms to cause chaos with Tavares in the middle stirring things up. I think we will score a couple but probably lose. Obviously hoping that we win though, just can't see the defence holding up.

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles O'Hare Sheaf
Simms Tavares Wright

Wilson, Lati, Dasilva, Binks, Kelly, Torp, Andrews, Godden

Briles

Man U's injury list is looking quite good for us at the mo, im going 2-1 to us

Alkhen

I've been flip flopping between slim to no chance all week.

I'm convinced Saturday's abomination was the players mentally wrapping themselves in cotton wool for the semi final. I have no doubt they will be fired up on Sunday.

What does worry me is the pace of Man United. Although against Wolves we were surprisingly comfortable and composed on the ball. We only really looked exposed and rattled when Aiit Nouri ran at us. He was their only player with that direct pace and skill and we couldn't handle it. Unfortunately Man United have 4 or 5 in a similar mould which could be hard to cope with.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

I've been flip flopping between slim to no chance all week.

I'm convinced Saturday's abomination was the players mental wrapping themselves in cotton wool for the semi final. I have no doubt they will be fired up on Sunday.

What does worry me is the pace of Man United. Although against Wolves were were surprisingly comfortable and composed on the ball. We looked exposed and rattled was when Aiit Nouri ran at us. He was their only player with that direct pace and skill and we couldn't handle it. Man United have 4 or 5 in a similar mould.
Need a strong ref too
Ignore their dives and cheat to not book us unless it’s assault

Ashdown

Major worries over our defence. Premiership strikers can be ruthless. Need to manage the game from the off and frustrate and see out the first half without too much damage done. No faffing at the back. Get the ball in the air a bit like we did against Leeds. Its a big ask to win but its 11v11 in a one off contest.

Macca1987

No messing about tippy tapping in the area, every player needs to be told to clear it upfield, and maybe tell Collins to mix it up a bit and kick up to our strikers now and again, rather than everything being played across to Thomas or Kitching

Users who are viewing this thread