United v Cov Predictions (1 Viewer)

Cantona7

Manor Park is the big main park. The the other smaller one is Howard Park.

I'm from Coventry originally but moved away from there as an adult.

It is generally mostly City around here, one of the local pubs is running a coach to the semi but not sure there is anywhere doing the same for United. There are a lot of Liverpool as well annoyingly.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
The pub is the Wheatsheaf

City have propagated this myth that United don't come from Manchester, which the ABU nation loves, but in Manchester they have always been the 2nd team. They're growing now, but they've always been as rare as hen's teeth.

Stockport, Glossop etc are their areas

United are obviously Salford and places near City's ground like Miles Platting, Beswick are traditionally big United areas too.

Last edited:

SkyBlueSoul

Just watched the Man U highlights on MOTD, if a decent version of us turns up then next Sunday's game could be absolutely anything. That's a very big 'if' atm though. Won't enjoy slinking back to Stretford if we get battered.

Offhegoes

If he plays MVE at right back, with Eccles & Sheaf in midfield then I’m more confident. With Palmer out though, we surely won’t play 4-2-1-3, unless he throws Tavares in. .
I think he’ll play it safe, possibly Da Silva at LM , Lati RB, MVE at RM, with O’Hare behind Simms as the lone striker.

mark82

If he plays MVE at right back, with Eccles & Sheaf in midfield then I’m more confident. With Palmer out though, we surely won’t play 4-2-1-3, unless he throws Tavares in. .
I think he’ll play it safe, possibly Da Silva at LM , Lati RB, MVE at RM, with O’Hare behind Simms as the lone striker.
Can't see Wright not starting, despite a couple of underwhelming performances.

Warwickhunt

If the players shite performance against Brum doesn't have them champing at the bit for Sunday then nothing will

ptr

Dasilva cannot start against United.

Cantona7

Home from home!
The three of us should have a pint in Glossop one day. :)

Although I don't really know it.

Ashton is a place I'm very familiar with.

You know the Star Inn pub?

I go in there sometimes and get a curry from the Nepalese in the centre of Ashton.

Big United pub and Boddies is less than 2.50 a pint!

Proper old school boozer and United shirts and pictures on the walls.

My kind of place. :)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We've played the same team/shape a few games now and I think MR could throw a surprise in like he did at Wolves. Similarly if I were Man U I'd be looking to press us, especially early on to try and force a mistake, get a goal and affect our morale. The longer we go into the game level, or even get ahead, the more our confidence will grow and the fans will sing even louder.

I also think that, although MR tends to like to keep shape and absorb pressure, we need to press their defence if the opportunity arises. I think they could be nervy, especially given injuries and even their established players have an error in them. If we let them keep the ball they'll become more confident and we'll tire chasing the ball around.

Both teams are capable in attack but a bit suspect defensively, so expect there to be lots of chances and potentially a high scoring thriller.

Given this it makes midfield really important. They've got the likes of Mainoo and Fernandes so they've got the upper hand, and we need Sheaf and Eccles to be at their best to nullify them. O'Hare hasn't been at his best but surely he'll be massively up for this and we need him to have his energy and mojo back so I'd go with him as the 10. Torp is struggling with the pace of the Championship and my next choice would actually be Kelly. I worry about his reaction time etc. nowadays but he would offer us a solid defensive shape, be able to read play and offer experience and leadership.

I'd say that 10 of the team are obvious. Collins has made errors but changing him would cause more disruption. However, Lati against the quality and pace of their wide forwards is a catastrophe waiting to happen so MvE has to go to right back. So who to play RF? For me I'd go Tavares. Yes, he's a bit weak but he's done alright the last couple of games. Due to that I'd maybe alter the shape slightly so the forwards were a bit narrower. Wright likes coming in from the left to shoot and Tavares is a striker not a winger. So if the ball is going down one side of the pitch have the forward on the other side coming into the centre a bit more to act a bit more like a front two.

Despite the last couple of performances and results I think we'll be up for it and put in a decent performance. Hopefully Man U will have a bit of an off day and some of their flashier players won't be up for it against a spirited side.

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles O'Hare Sheaf
Tavares Simms Wright

Wilson, Lati, Dasilva, Binks, Kelly, Allen*(Stretton), Torp, Andrews, Godden

messiahrobins

The pub is the Wheatsheaf

City have propagated this myth that United don't come from Manchester, which the ABU nation loves, but in Manchester they have always been the 2nd team. They're growing now, but they've always been as rare as hen's teeth.

Stockport, Glossop etc are their areas

United are obviously Salford and places near City's ground like Miles Platting, Beswick are traditionally big United areas too.
Clueless garbage mate. I am actually from manchester, was born up there and all the family are from there.
City is by far the biggest club in Manchester support wise. South Manchester (stockport Cheadle etc) and central Manchester such as whitthington whythensaw is almost all Blue. United areas are north Manchester around Middleton, Rochdale, Oldham and of course Old Trafford is actually in Salford not Manchester.
Most Man Utd fans at Wembley will be from the Home Counties as is always the case at Wembley.

Covkid1968#

Now can’t see anything but a United win…confidence has evaporated for no apparent reason. Really hope we don’t lose with barely a whimper. Will go to Wembley with very little expectation other than to have a good day out on overpriced beer.

Otis

Now can’t see anything but a United win…confidence has evaporated for no apparent reason. Really hope we don’t lose with barely a whimper. Will go to Wembley with very little expectation other than to have a good day out on overpriced beer.
I think we will well be up for it.

Obviously, the common sense view is that we will lose, but I do think we will put in a very good performance.

We hadn't been playing well before Wolves and put in a absolutely sterling performance there didn't we and we know that on our day, we can play very well.

We probably will be defeated, but I honestly think we will put in a great performance.

Nothing to lose, no pressure. I think we will be proud of the players after, whatever the result.

StrettoBoy

4-0 loss

Maybe 4-1!

I think we are capable of scoring, so a 4-1 defeat sounds about right to me.

But this is football, so you can never be 100% certain. If we play as we did against Birmingham and even worse if the players are overawed by the occasion then it could easily be 6-0.

On the other hand if we play as we did against Leeds, have fortune on our side and United have an off day then we could just sneak it.

🤞

fernandopartridge

Clueless garbage mate. I am actually from manchester, was born up there and all the family are from there.
City is by far the biggest club in Manchester support wise. South Manchester (stockport Cheadle etc) and central Manchester such as whitthington whythensaw is almost all Blue. United areas are north Manchester around Middleton, Rochdale, Oldham and of course Old Trafford is actually in Salford not Manchester.
Most Man Utd fans at Wembley will be from the Home Counties as is always the case at Wembley.
Nonsense. We've already had the debate but Old Trafford is in Trafford.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

San Francisco

It’ll be closer than most realise. As we all know by now, they’re far better than what they offered on Saturday and they’ll be well up for this one.

Danceswithhorses

If we play like we did against Birmingham, 6-1 defeat, or worse.
If we play like we did against Wolves, 3-2 win.
Any kind of middling, average performance, sadly we'll probably be outclassed.
Imho, our only hope is to play a blinder, as normally the gulf in class is large.

SkyBlueSoul

My initial prediction was 4-1, might bring that down to 3-1. This is the kind of game that has a lot of hype, can the Championship club do it against an under par Prem team, they did in the last round etc. then ends up a bit of a damp squib as the gap in quality shows. As long as we put in a Wolves-esque performance and cause them some problems I'll be happy.

SkyBlueCharlie9

Over the years I got sick and tied of meeting 'successful' people in London work events and people desperate to tell people they were Man Utd fans and STHs (chief executive and directors etc.) despite living in South East. It was their pathetic attempt to portray themselves as 'winners'. One hilariously didn't even know MUFC played in red shirts white shorts and black socks. Their are millions of these lowlife. Bet they are less interested now. Sure all the 'big' clubs have this. I have nothing against the original local fans of these clubs however.

Otis

Over the years I got sick and tied of meeting 'successful' people in London work events and people desperate to tell people they were Man Utd fans and STHs (chief executive and directors etc.) despite living in South East. It was their pathetic attempt to portray themselves as 'winners'. One hilariously didn't even know MUFC played in red shirts white shorts and black socks. Their are millions of these lowlife. Bet they are less interested now. Sure all the 'big' clubs have this. I have nothing against the original local fans of these clubs however.
And you can proudly go up and shake the hands of all 451 of them.

Cantona7

Did I just read some fella claiming to be from Manchester say that Old Trafford is in Salford?

What the fuck?

And say that City have more supporters in Manchester than United?

And say that Oldham is a red area?

And say that most United supporters at Wembley will be from the Home Counties?

I don't think I've ever seen a single post on the internet get so much staggeringly wrong in a single paragraph.

Wow.

Offhegoes

Dasilva cannot start against United.
I know. Feel sorry for Dasilva. He was decent at LWB earlier in the season, but is not a LB, or LWF, and that's where he's been played for the last 4 months. His lack of adaptability is an issue. Eccles, MVE, Lati & Bidwell can all play in different positions, and at a reasonable standard

Otis

I know. Feel sorry for Dasilva. He was decent at LWB earlier in the season, but is not a LB, or LWF, and that's where he's been played for the last 4 months. His lack of adaptability is an issue. Eccles, MVE, Lati & Bidwell can all play in different positions, and at a reasonable standard
I would say his lack of height and lack of physicality is the issue to be honest.

He scares me at left back, because he can get easily bullied at times and is so susceptible to the ball over the top.

When he plays further up the field, I think he looks much more comfortable.

CBS16

When we do get the ball, we've got the keep the bloody thing unlike Saturday! Absolutely awful on the ball amount of times we booted it out for a throw in was insane. Against wolves we were sharp and created chance after chance, keeping possession and hurting them. That is definitely possible against this man united but I just cannot see how we turn it back on again after that. We were so shit it's completely burst my pre wembley buzz, which I'm praying is a good thing 😂 head says 4-0 Man U, heart says if we can turn up we give them a right scare 1-1 after 90 minutes and then it's in the hands of thr gods for extra time and pens. PUSB lets be loud and proud and enjoy the day!

CBS16

We were even fucking worse.

Next week will be close, I'm telling you.
Just patently untrue though. You drew away to Bournemouth, they're probably as good or better than any side we've played this year. We got hammered, and that's the only word for it, by the second worst team in the second tier. For it to be close we have to suddenly play out of our skin after being hopeless lately, and you have to be even worse than Saturday. It'd be a huge shock if we win, huge

Cantona7

Just patently untrue though. You drew away to Bournemouth, they're probably as good or better than any side we've played this year. We got hammered, and that's the only word for it, by the second worst team in the second tier. For it to be close we have to suddenly play out of our skin after being hopeless lately, and you have to be even worse than Saturday. It'd be a huge shock if we win, huge

It's the FA Cup.

I saw you against Wolves and you looked a good team.

You will surely play as well again.

We have almost the whole back line missing through injury.

This season has been fucking shite for us.

Users who are viewing this thread