Unbelievable club (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

Evo as Nick said its because they won't have your details if you buy on the gate. If you buy online they have the proof.

Gone are the days when you take your ticket stub to the office, and now like many clubs the ticketing system has been farmed out and that's what we are stuck with. Like anything, buying on the Internet can be easy but it can also be bloody difficult. I wouldn't say the problem is exclusive to the club.

I understand now , probably a little disappointed with the sales and looking for a scapegoat .

ConnorDevine

This has been a total Trainwreck, but on a side note, how annoying is it that you have to use a client number rather than just your email address to buy tickets, I manage to forget it every single time I come to buy some

clint van damme

Fair point .
Long day at work and potentially getting laid off next week last thing I need is somebody on here completely disrespecting me for an opinion (possibly I’ll informed looking into it ) doesn’t really sit well with me, not one bit.
They only do it because they are behind a phone or laptop and can get away with it , doesn’t make it right.

tough break mate. Lot of it around at the minute unfortunately. Would put anyone on a short fuse.

pastythegreat

First of all what football club makes it impossible to buy tickets in person which in turn directly effects sales and then proceeds to say if you purchase a ticket at the turnstiles you DO NOT qualify for Wembley priority despite paying for and attending the same match as the rest of us .

Please find me a club as anal and as mind blowingly stupid as Coventry city , just one .

Shambles
It's 2018, how easy is it to buy online or on the phone? Granted, it's not ideal that people can't buy in person for high profile games anymore but that's only down to idiots kicking off with people jumping the que to buy disabled tickets EVERY time tickets for big games go on sale. It says something that when it's likely to be busy at the butts, they now hire security for the day!

Evo1883

hahahaha bit of a trek from the aldermoor mate! Oh yeah, Bannerbrook Estate don't count as Tile Hill!

Bannerbrook lol , aldermoor ,even bigger laugh tbf
Nobody’s cared about stoke aldermoor for many a year , small fry ;)

rob9872

Dear oh dear, what an embarrassing thread all round.

shmmeee

Why does it matter who it was sold to? Just accept ticket stubs that are in the blocks sold on the cash gates as proof of purchase and let people like that buy final tickets at the ticket office like disabled fans.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

In fairness my neighbour got a ticket on the phone but said he was on hold waiting for 20-30 minutes. He was moaning that he couldn't walk up there as he has done in the past.

Seems a bit of an excuse but he's a bit older and doesn't seem to have given the eticketing a go yet. I do think some people get caught in old habits and I do understand in a way.

Hopefully they'll be 20,000 there tomorrow but it's looking a long shot at the moment.

Nick

Administrator
Why does it matter who it was sold to? Just accept ticket stubs that are in the blocks sold on the cash gates as proof of purchase and let people like that buy final tickets at the ticket office like disabled fans.
Then it means massive queues while people hand over Stubs and fiddle about...

Grendel

Yes that’s well thought through

coop

They should of made tickets available to buy in person at the wasps ticket office at the ricoh as wasps haven't got a home game.

Gynnsthetonic

Which was wrong. My brothers and Dad went the semi but not the final
We were only getting around 10,000 at Highfield Road up until the semi final. Another option to guarantee a final ticket was you had to have all the stubs from the final 4 league games meaning the ground was sold out for these games. Think as I remember it was QPR, Oxford, Man Utd and Southampton

Mucca Mad Boys

I you attend this match you should get Wembley priority end of story .
The reason this is happening is because should the club get to Wembley , there will be zero option again for supporters to buy in person .

It’s wrong and it’s not even defendable .
Blues and villa fans at work think it’s bizarre

We’ll get 40-45k at Wembley if we get there. Why is anyone worrying about priority? Anyone who wants a ticket, will be able to get one. You’d have to leave it ridiculously late not to get one.

sylus

Which was wrong. My brothers and Dad went the semi but not the final

Odd, i was not a ST holder during the 86/87 season ,although i did attend most home games and at least half away as well, the only game i missed during the cup run was the 4th round Man utd away, the only reason i missed it was because i thought we would get beat, yeah...," how wrong was i", but hey! that was the only game i missed,i never had any problems getting any semi or the final tickets,,basically if you could produce stubs from previous games like now,then it gave you priority, for semi and Wembley...,nothing has changed,the only thing that has,is the way we purchase the tickets today,online..You know, if you want to be at the game Tomorrow, you will..or stay home .....There is always watching on Sky or the Eurovision even. ME! i'll be at the Ricoh thank you

wingy

It reflects real life attitudes unfortunately .
A certain percentage are overlooked and uncatered for efficiency savings,bottom lines, profit margins.

Londonccfcfan

I you attend this match you should get Wembley priority end of story .
The reason this is happening is because should the club get to Wembley , there will be zero option again for supporters to buy in person .

It’s wrong and it’s not even defendable .
Blues and villa fans at work think it’s bizarre

I wouldn’t worry about Wembley priority. We have about 9 to 10 days to sell 40 k tickets. It won’t happen

You will have as many tickets as you desire.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Then it means massive queues while people hand over Stubs and fiddle about...
This massive queues thing remember 1963 in F A CUP played Sunderland on the Tuesday and had to go up on the Wednesday to get ticket for Man U on the Saturday. On sale at 5 30 going up King Richard street at 1 30 a guy said to me do you want to go to the end of the queue " It's in Britannia street 5 or 6 deep round the ground I don't know how many were in the queue" .They started selling them early at 3-30 left by 6 tickets in hand. Biggest queue i've been in, not saying it should be done today but was 1 for the memory

Hobo

87 went to every game bar the final at Wembley, plus loads of home and away league games despite living in Yorkshire at the time. Didn't go to Wembley last year as was grieving a relegation. I still often find myself typecast as a Glory Hunter on here.. do I care...do I fuck...PUSB!!!!

chiefdave

Isn't the match day ticket office usually open a few hours before?
Tickets will be available on the day at the Ricoh Arena, from 3pm at the Matchday Ticket Office or from 6pm at Cash Turnstiles 30-35.

Ticketfast is also available for this game - choose this option and an e-ticket will be sent to your email address for you to print and use for entry.

Only fans who buy in advance or on the day via the Ticket Office will get priority for any future games. Fans who purchased on the cash turnstiles will not receive a priority as proof of purchase does not show on your account.

Users who are viewing this thread