Uganda CCFC (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

What a great idea I would happily donate. Would it be a nice touch to contact David Brody so he could meet the team and make a real memorable experience for him.

If David Brody can't help we could ask Bill Oddy?

Reactions: TTG

Covkid1968#

Just had a friend request on Facebook from him. That’s 2 I’ve got now.... him and the account I set up in a different name and then sent myself a friend request... just so that I had a friend. Might delete Dave now

zuni

I mailed the club last night asking if they could send him the 2tone top..see if they come back, must get a lot of requests

Brylowes

I’m sure one of the big hotel chains (Premier Inn maybe) could be Persuaded
To provide a room for 5 nights, the club could gift them 2 shirts scarves & hats.
Flights + £500 expenses Should do it, meet and greet the players with a day
At the training ground etc, this could definitely be done.
Many companies would be queuing up to help out as its excellent PR ‘not to
Mention a ‘once in a lifetime‘ experience for him and his guest ‘would be great
If he has a young Son or Daughter to share the experience with.
Doesn't SkyblueWeeman work in the Hotel industry :emoji_thinking: maybe he could help.

tisza

The club sent lots of old City shirts to Uganda and other African countries many years ago, I would guess that he got one and has supported us ever since?
I met some guys in Senegal when i had some business there. They had got City shirts in a similar way. Became fans, used to get an hour of internet a day and use it to follow the club, had changed their village side's colours to Sky Blue. Also saw old City shirts in Zimbabwe.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I though his video was actually filmed on location in Small Heath, tbf!
But i'm in for a donation and an old shirt. What year were the Cassidy ones - i can't remember how long ago it was bought for me?

EDIT - think one of them was the last Puma one from 09-10, just before we switched to CityLink as sponsor - my missus got old stock on the cheap!
Just looked it up - the other one is 2006-7. Quite nice, subliminal strips with collar ...

Last edited:

Skyblueweeman

I’m sure one of the big hotel chains (Premier Inn maybe) could be Persuaded
To provide a room for 5 nights, the club could gift them 2 shirts scarves & hats.
Flights + £500 expenses Should do it, meet and greet the players with a day
At the training ground etc, this could definitely be done.
Many companies would be queuing up to help out as its excellent PR ‘not to
Mention a ‘once in a lifetime‘ experience for him and his guest ‘would be great
If he has a young Son or Daughter to share the experience with.
Doesn't SkyblueWeeman work in the Hotel industry :emoji_thinking: maybe he could help.
Sort of. Currently on furlough from one of the world's largest hotel chains but my contract ends in a couple of weeks as I took a 12 month fixed promotion contract.

In the process of starting up my own business of providing accommodation sourcing/contracting services to professional sports teams to help them from next season. Hotels will be suppliers to my clients (the clubs).

Got a meeting with our first potential club next week (L1 club).

Back on topic, I have plenty of contacts within Coventry (or Birmingham hotels) so can ask further down the line if it gets that far.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread