Uganda CCFC (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

There is no chance of getting him over for a game. We regularly have to get people over from Sub-Saharan Africa for work and even our national director on well over the annual salary has to attend the visa office in a different country to that he lives in, have an immigration officer visit his office, check his work record and then they have to visit our office and see our accounts and we also have to have all travel and accommodation purchased before they get the visa. It's so hard to visit this country for those in the 3rd world.

Brylowes

There is no chance of getting him over for a game. We regularly have to get people over from Sub-Saharan Africa for work and even our national director on well over the annual salary has to attend the visa office in a different country to that he lives in, have an immigration officer visit our office, check his work record and then they have to visit our office and see our accounts and we also have to have all travel and accommodation purchased before they get the visa. It's so hard to visit this country for those in the 3rd world.
That’s a real pity.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

i checked flights online on sky scanner just to see, the cheapest month is November, return flight be £700 so depending on the month ya be roughly 1k flights - 10hr flight over and 11hr flight back

But just remember to book the flight for two weeks prior to actual game, otherwise he'll be enjoying the match in quarantine!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I met some guys in Senegal when i had some business there. They had got City shirts in a similar way. Became fans, used to get an hour of internet a day and use it to follow the club, had changed their village side's colours to Sky Blue. Also saw old City shirts in Zimbabwe.

The Nuddy effect. Or possibly just a few of his kids.....

Nick

Administrator
I really hope it isn't a Fiverr but he's wearing the shirt which kind of makes it easier to believe.

Reactions: TTG

robbiekeane

Need to make sure the guy has a passport etc.

Also, need to see what the guy does for a living. Not being a prick but we don't want to make this a burden on him...days out of work can be really impactful, so need to take that into account when putting the $$$ target to raise.

Also looks like it would require a trip to the embassy so need to fund that too.
https://visalist.io/united-kingdom/visa-requirements/uganda
Need proof of funds, accommodation, flights etc, all in advance.

Not impossible but we could definitely do with some help!

CJ_covblaze

Evening all. I was fascinated by Ronald‘s video so this morning I wanted to see if I could find a bit more about him and his website came up. On there was a number so I thought, why not give him a ring. I asked him if he was ok with us all raising money which he is and he seems like a lovely fella that adores the Specials and CCFC. He’s doing good work over there with a children’s charity and is both touched and genuinely surprised by the reaction to his video. The Two Tone Village have worked with his charity for a few years now. He runs two teams so if anyone has any CCFC kits (kids sizes preferably but adult is good too) that we can send out to him let me know and we’ll arrange to either meet or I’ll pass on the address to send them to. In addition there is a collection for sanitary products going on too. If anyone has any ideas on what else could be sent over get in touch. Email is [email protected]

TomRad85

Maybe an ifollow season pass would be a better gesture. Surely we could easily raise the funds for that.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

oscillatewildly

I’m sure one of the big hotel chains (Premier Inn maybe) could be Persuaded
To provide a room for 5 nights, the club could gift them 2 shirts scarves & hats.
Flights + £500 expenses Should do it, meet and greet the players with a day
At the training ground etc, this could definitely be done.
Many companies would be queuing up to help out as its excellent PR ‘not to
Mention a ‘once in a lifetime‘ experience for him and his guest ‘would be great
If he has a young Son or Daughter to share the experience with.
Doesn't SkyblueWeeman work in the Hotel industry :emoji_thinking: maybe he could help.
And a night in the Wheatsheaf. They're not going back without having had a night in the Wheatsheaf.

LastGarrison

Evening all. I was fascinated by Ronald‘s video so this morning I wanted to see if I could find a bit more about him and his website came up. On there was a number so I thought, why not give him a ring. I asked him if he was ok with us all raising money which he is and he seems like a lovely fella that adores the Specials and CCFC. He’s doing good work over there with a children’s charity and is both touched and genuinely surprised by the reaction to his video. The Two Tone Village have worked with his charity for a few years now. He runs two teams so if anyone has any CCFC kits (kids sizes preferably but adult is good too) that we can send out to him let me know and we’ll arrange to either meet or I’ll pass on the address to send them to. In addition there is a collection for sanitary products going on too. If anyone has any ideas on what else could be sent over get in touch. Email is [email protected]
Was going to say that is is supported by Pete Chambers and the Cov Music Museum.

My mates Mum supports the charity and they comment on her FB posts and think she got to know the charity from her time watching her Son and Nephew (RIP Madman) playing up there.

no_loyalty

CJ did you ask him why he chose to support City? was it to do with the shirts City sent to Africa many years ago?

jordan210

I said this on twitter.

With the current worth of some of our classic shirts. It might be worth auctioning them off and then using the money to provide new kit and clothes from Hummel

CJ_covblaze

TTG

I really hope it isn't a Fiverr but he's wearing the shirt which kind of makes it easier to believe.
My heart sank there for a mimute, however he's for a twitter, email, genuine stuff so I reakly.hope not!

TTG

I did a quick search on fivrr, can't find anything - just wanted to make sure we weren't giving some random person £1000s!

BackRoomRummermill

I mean it’s totally genuine , totally why else would a man in Africa claim to be a Cov fan unless he was . If he said Liverpool then I know it’s a scam

Qwerty70

This might not be the source of the kit but ... there are Coventry Schools twinned with Schools in Kampala through a project called Africa Inspires. Westwood, Lyng Hall, Stoke Park, Foxford and Caludon Castle all took teachers and pupils to Kampala in around 2012-2014 (including Sian Massey). The Coventry schools funded and helped build water collection towers to provide clean drinking water @ the twin schools.
Caludon Castle and Stoke Park have revisited in recent years and will have taken kit out. I was fortunate to go a few years ago and we took a load of kit from Coventry Sphinx and some old training gear that CCFC kindly provided.
In terms of visiting here it can be done. A group of students and teachers from Kampala visited Coventry in 2016 maybe 17 and they stayed with a host family from Caludon Castle. As you would expect the children from Uganda arrived with virtually no personal belongings but they all left with a full suitcase. The host families all found it a very moving and humbling experience.
The children played a sevens rugby tournament at the Ricoh against the host Coventry Schools and teams from Brazil, USA & France.
You see a lot of random football shirts in Kampala and the Ugandans love Football and particularly English Football.
Fair play CJ & the others for trying to make something happen.
Anything people donate will make a huge difference, we have poverty in this country but when we took pupils to the slums of Kampala they were moved to tears.
PUSB

TTG

This might not be the source of the kit but ... there are Coventry Schools twinned with Schools in Kampala through a project called Africa Inspires. Westwood, Lyng Hall, Stoke Park, Foxford and Caludon Castle all took teachers and pupils to Kampala in around 2012-2014 (including Sian Massey). The Coventry schools funded and helped build water collection towers to provide clean drinking water @ the twin schools.
Caludon Castle and Stoke Park have revisited in recent years and will have taken kit out. I was fortunate to go a few years ago and we took a load of kit from Coventry Sphinx and some old training gear that CCFC kindly provided.
In terms of visiting here it can be done. A group of students and teachers from Kampala visited Coventry in 2016 maybe 17 and they stayed with a host family from Caludon Castle. As you would expect the children from Uganda arrived with virtually no personal belongings but they all left with a full suitcase. The host families all found it a very moving and humbling experience.
The children played a sevens rugby tournament at the Ricoh against the host Coventry Schools and teams from Brazil, USA & France.
You see a lot of random football shirts in Kampala and the Ugandans love Football and particularly English Football.
Fair play CJ & the others for trying to make something happen.
Anything people donate will make a huge difference, we have poverty in this country but when we took pupils to the slums of Kampala they were moved to tears.
PUSB
Bump

ms639

Too much pointless chat over a flag so wanted to bring this back to the top of the list, closing in on the 5k target, let's get it there!!!

CJ_covblaze

Liquid Gold

Also a nudge about the appeal for shirts, Astro Turf trainers and stationary for both the kids and adults. Great effort so far. Had quite a few adult shirts arrive but not many for the kids so if we could have some help in that department it’d be greatly appreciated. Further info can be found here NEWS: Sky Blues fans join together to help supporter in Uganda and his charity
Have the club put anything in? As the new stuff is due they might want to drop some old stock.

Reactions: TTG

CJ_covblaze

Have the club put anything in? As the new stuff is due they might want to drop some old stock.

They were going to look through the stuff at the academy at some point. I’m not sure if it’s been done yet but given the current situation I’ll give them a bit longer before asking for an update.

TTG

Callum O'Hare has competition!

capel & collindridge

I was out in Gambia in December with my daughter. We were looking for the grave of my son / my daughter's brother who drowned off the coast near Banjul in 1990. We met a Millwall fan there who was on her second visit to the Gambia and she had got Millwall to back her in taking out a second batch of kits to lots of schools out there. She was a great character. My daughter is a Barnsley fan and I think they are still in touch. She got a lot of media coverage in London before she went out and was blown away by the reception she got when she went back to Gambia for the second time. There's a whole Den of Millwall fans in Gambia now! Might be worth contacting her and seeing if she has any ideas of dos and don'ts in getting round the red tape.

Users who are viewing this thread