Match Thread U23s vs Sheffield Wednesday Today (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
If Chaplin doesn't score from all these chances

giphy.gif

cc84cov

Take him off. BOOO

Did he mean it? should the keeper have saved it? Was it lucky?
Good cross from brown Baka slipped in round the back easy finish.ball at feet he looks like he can play he don’t want it up high and behind him in to feet he’s fine linking with Chaplin & Alessani well.

Nick

Administrator
Good cross from brown Baka slipped in round the back easy finish.ball at feet he looks like he can play he don’t want it up high and behind him in to feet he’s fine linking with Chaplin & Alessani well.

Could have told you that within about 5 minutes of the Wimbledon game to be fair.

Skybluefaz

Take him off. BOOO

Did he mean it? should the keeper have saved it? Was it lucky?
Simple finish but he popped it away nicely. There were moments in the first half where Allassani was getting frustrated with his lack of application in closing the defenders down. You can see why, the guy is a beast and if he properly put defenders under pressure they'd shit their pants. Nice technique from Baka on the ball though when he got it to feet. Good first touch.

cc84cov

Baka ball to feet turns 2 midfielders for dead pass to chaplin but the return pass fromchaplin was too much.

Baka very bright second half he just needs to apply himself more he can cause problems with ball to feet.

cc84cov

Pretty similar to the first team today poor in the final 3rd chaplin feeding off scraps most the game.

2-2 finish terrible defending from brown.

torchomatic

It was a good game overall. You could tell Chaplin was desperate to score. Baka played well and took his goal well. Dexter Walters was great, really impressive. There was a ten minute delay as one of their players was injured; stretchered off in the end. Hopefully he is OK. Should have won pretty easily really. Robins turned up for most of the game and Ponticelli was there on crutches according to my son.

Otis

Good cross from brown Baka slipped in round the back easy finish.ball at feet he looks like he can play.
It was a good game overall. You could tell Chaplin was desperate to score. Baka played well and took his goal well. Dexter Walters was great, really impressive. There was a ten minute delay as one of their players was injured; stretchered off in the end. Hopefully he is OK. Should have won pretty easily really. Robins turned up for most of the game and Ponticelli was there on crutches according to my son.
Nice to see Bakayoko played well. That's going to disappoint a few on here.

He now needs to do it for the first team and prove all the doubters wrong.

Rasputin

Thanks to those who provided commentary.
Nice to see people turning up to U23 matches, well done.
Some players clearly need these games to get up to speed.
I may have missed it elsewhere someone mentioned that Jordan was there on crutches. Has it now come out what his injury is?

torchomatic

Thanks to those who provided commentary.
Nice to see people turning up to U23 matches, well done.
Some players clearly need these games to get up to speed.
I may have missed it elsewhere someone mentioned that Jordan was there on crutches. Has it now come out what his injury is?

My son said he saw him on crutches. Didn't see him myself. Maybe someone else can confirm. I presume as he is onloan he does come back to us for treatment.

Warwickhunt

My son said he saw him on crutches. Didn't see him myself. Maybe someone else can confirm. I presume as he is onloan he does come back to us for treatment.
i think we have to pay all his wages as he is injured as well.

Skyblueweeman

Wonder why Jones wasn’t playing? Seemed to be coming back...strange that he didn’t play today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hobo

The selection is interesting, regardless of its success or failure. It shows some exploratory intent from Robins.

We have signed some good players with development headroom. I think it is exciting times but don't expect instant coffee. But you can smell the beans slowly being percolated.

cc84cov

Alessani should start Saturday on the left he played there today he goes past players like their not even there.Lovley step overs him and Thomas down the flanks will cause havoc,Alessani can finish too.

Legia Sky Blue

He looks very promising in these type of games which bear no resemblance to the cut and thrust of league games & he did ok when he came on at Gillingham,. However he looked completely out of his depth when he came on against Rochdale. Unfair to judge him on that I agree, but it hardly forced Robins hand into giving him a start just yet.

Otis

He looks very promising in these type of games which bear no resemblance to the cut and thrust of league games & he did ok when he came on at Gillingham,. However he looked completely out of his depth when he came on against Rochdale. Unfair to judge him on that I agree, but it hardly forced Robins hand into giving him a start just yet.
We kept trying to give him the ball when he was completely crowded out.
We'll only truly know how good he is when we get the ball to his feet and he has a little bit of space in front of him. Even 3 inches would be nice (cue innuendo central).

cc84cov

He came on the left hand side I was sat behind the dugout,little un-fair to say he looked competed out his depth he had about 10 mins and Rochdale were conning the ref into decisions every challenge the game was gone.I’m certain he will become a regular for us.

Users who are viewing this thread